If you think that the fit of on your tf10 is not snug enough for you to enjoy and you want to fully take advantage of the sound of the tf10's in custom form. Then I think its worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 3/4/14 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/29/14 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 38786/4/13 at 6:47pm
There are a lot of positive reviews for doing so - It's one of the more popular IEMs to have reshelled.post #3663 of 38786/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #3664 of 38786/16/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it depends...it's a bit a game of luck. I did my first impressions without biteblock, left ear was perfect, right ear needed to be refitedpost #3665 of 38786/17/13 at 6:30amQuote:
Depends whether you tensed your jaw muscles or not.post #3666 of 38786/17/13 at 9:42ampost #3667 of 38786/17/13 at 3:28pm
If you tense your jaw muscles, there is a high probability that it will alter the shape of your ear canal while the silicone is curing.
That's fine if you tense your jaw muscles while listening to your CIEMs, but if you keep your jaw relaxed when listening, then you may have issues with seal.
Others may deride what I'm saying but getting a good seal with CIEMs is a very fine line.
Edited by Mython - 6/17/13 at 3:29pmpost #3668 of 38786/17/13 at 3:33pmpost #3669 of 38786/18/13 at 9:16ampost #3670 of 38786/18/13 at 2:26pmpost #3671 of 38786/18/13 at 10:02pmpost #3672 of 38786/19/13 at 2:43am
Ah. I'm in my ** Edited - see post below** week of waiting for my customs to come back, and I used a bite block..
But I honestly have no idea if I tensed my jaw or not. Now I'm nervous.. Needing a refit is my biggest fear at the moment, considering the current wait times.
Edited by White Lotus - 6/19/13 at 8:03pmpost #3673 of 38786/19/13 at 4:09am
One thing I should have pointed out (which, I think, is mentioned in the thread I linked) is that people vary in the amount of change of shape of their ear canal between different jaw positions. So for some singers (who use their CIEMs with their jaw in all positions, whilst performing), they retain a good seal, but other singers may lose seal during singing because their individual anatomy happens to be that their ear canal changes shape quite a lot as they move their jaw.
So, in that respect, it can be pot-luck as to whether your ear canal changes shape a lot, between different jaw positions.
As for tensing your jaw muscles, I would still avoid this as much as possible whilst having ear impressions taken, since you're not going to be tensing your jaw whilst listening to your eventual CIEMs, unless maybe you like chewing gum!
Wait and see. If you need to have a re-fit, then you'll be in good company - a surprisingly large proportion of CIEM buyers do not have a successful seal first time around (although I have found UM lab to be particularly excellent in their fit - they absolutely nailed my fit, first time, unlike FS, who were disastrously poor)post #3674 of 38786/19/13 at 7:22pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › IC: Mint Audeze LCD-2.2 Rosewood with Schiit UBER RCA + USB Gen 2... 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE60 Review and Impressions Thread ~ 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 8 minutes ago
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)