Looks like I will be going with Stephen then :) Emailed him not long ago too and responded well within a few hours. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 10/1/13 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/9/13 at 4:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread - Page 223post #3331 of 37987/5/12 at 11:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3332 of 37987/5/12 at 12:47pmQuote:
Yes Stephen is always prompt in his replies and has remained so even 7 months after I received my Merlin. Hope everything goes smoothly and that the wait won't be too long!post #3333 of 37987/10/12 at 2:00pmpost #3334 of 37987/10/12 at 7:23pmpost #3335 of 37987/10/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
I think they are one and the same. If you order through UMglobal you''ll still be sending your impressions to UMAus in melbourne and I'm sure they'd still charge you the Aus price (cuz you live in Sydney).
There is also custom-iem.com. There are advantages to sticking with UMAus/Global though as you will only ever have to send stuff to melbourne and never to china directly. You won't have to personally deal with customs too. It only costs $6 or so to send express to Melbourne.post #3336 of 37987/11/12 at 12:06amQuote:
We like to set the expectations low because we're relying on FedEX and international customs depending on your country to get your order through.
Example being, we had some IEM's sit in Indonesian customs for 4 weeks before they decided to send them back to us in China and then we had to re-send them. Though that isn't our fault, if we told our clients they would be back earlier, it would've been very disappointing and we hate to disappoint.
None the less, if your IEM's arrived on 12 Jun, they would've been dispatched to UMLab on the 20th of June (1st and 3rd Friday) and should be due OUT to you no later than 24 July, 4 weeks from their estimated arrival at UMLab.
If you do have any specific questions arising from your quoted turn around time, please feel free to email us about them, we'll do all we can to help explain and set your expectations in the right place.
Edited by UniqueMelodyAus - 7/11/12 at 12:08ampost #3337 of 37987/11/12 at 5:23am
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver. Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock? If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.post #3338 of 37987/11/12 at 5:50am
Just got my impressions done this morning and dropped them off at the UMAUS office. Previously had the Shure SE530 and now going for the UM Miracles.
I'm under the impression that there will be an estimated 4-6 week wait before I get them.
Hopefully my payment has gone through and that the girl at the front desk has handed it to the UM people so they can be sent off faster.post #3339 of 37987/11/12 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver. Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock? If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.post #3340 of 37987/11/12 at 10:51amQuote:
Yeah I think the TF10 reshell plus drivers is the way to go and the 6 driver set up is what I think I'm going to do, a 6 BA CIEM under $500 is to good to pass up.post #3341 of 37987/13/12 at 8:18am
Does anyone know the cheapest way to ship to China? USPS is quoting $17 for a small flat rate box shipped internationally.
If I do go that route, does it matter if I make the box bulge a bit? The Westone case is like 1-7/8" high while the box is 1-5/8" high. Not sure if it's risky and/or USPS cares or not.
I thought shipping was covered for reshells. Sad it's not :/ already owe my mother $120 hahaha.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 7/13/12 at 8:40ampost #3342 of 37987/13/12 at 8:47ampost #3343 of 37987/13/12 at 9:43pm
That sucks hahaha.
I'm about ready to ship it but do you guys think this is sufficient enough to ship in a small flat rate box? Along with bubble wrap of course. It's a small Shure clamshell case. IEM + impressions fit pretty snugly inside. Not sure if it'd like get crushed or something while shipping.
Reshelling them into translucent black shell + opaque white faceplate :) Unless I can find a color that goes well with opaque black as I kind of want that since it looks more professional. Should I get the UM logo on it, even though it's a Westone ES3X? I find their logo nice but it seems odd, and it'd seem like it'd also make it impossible to sell again if I were to ever upgrade.
And does anyone have any yellowing problem with the clear shells? If not I will probably actually go for clear shells + red/blue tips + opaque black faceplates.. I read that UM doesn't have that problem with their type of acrylic but I just want to make sure. Like in the ES3X above, the vinyl is literally yellowing (I mean, deep yellow. Like yellow-orange) probably from moisture or wax, which is sort of disgusting.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 7/13/12 at 10:38pmpost #3344 of 37987/13/12 at 10:14pm
Yesterday I got my reshelled TF10!
Turnaround time was excellent, UM Australia received my impressions on 12 of June and one month later I had my new shiny earphones
UM Aus guys were extremely helpful and answered all my questions promptly
Thank you guys! :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Introduction and requesting suggestions for an amp to buy 18 seconds ago
- › HRT Microstreamer usb dac 26 seconds ago
- › Dog-fi 39 seconds ago
- › HiFiman Re272 for sale 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › best upgrade for $1000 or less? 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Ω + AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe