Looks like I will be going with Stephen then :) Emailed him not long ago too and responded well within a few hours. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/23/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones (White)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productUltimate Ears SuperFi 5 Extended Bass Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandUnique Melodytagged by System, 7/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Noob needs help. Sending IEM's to Unique Melody for reshelling Last post on 12/23/10 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM Last post on 2/23/13 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs reshelled into Custom Molds $80 in the USA (TripleFi 10, SE530, etc.) from FISHER HEARING Last post on 3/4/14 at 12:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/29/14 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread - Page 223post #3331 of 38217/5/12 at 11:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3332 of 38217/5/12 at 12:47pmQuote:
Yes Stephen is always prompt in his replies and has remained so even 7 months after I received my Merlin. Hope everything goes smoothly and that the wait won't be too long!post #3333 of 38217/10/12 at 2:00pmpost #3334 of 38217/10/12 at 7:23pmpost #3335 of 38217/10/12 at 8:30pmQuote:
I think they are one and the same. If you order through UMglobal you''ll still be sending your impressions to UMAus in melbourne and I'm sure they'd still charge you the Aus price (cuz you live in Sydney).
There is also custom-iem.com. There are advantages to sticking with UMAus/Global though as you will only ever have to send stuff to melbourne and never to china directly. You won't have to personally deal with customs too. It only costs $6 or so to send express to Melbourne.post #3336 of 38217/11/12 at 12:06amQuote:
We like to set the expectations low because we're relying on FedEX and international customs depending on your country to get your order through.
Example being, we had some IEM's sit in Indonesian customs for 4 weeks before they decided to send them back to us in China and then we had to re-send them. Though that isn't our fault, if we told our clients they would be back earlier, it would've been very disappointing and we hate to disappoint.
None the less, if your IEM's arrived on 12 Jun, they would've been dispatched to UMLab on the 20th of June (1st and 3rd Friday) and should be due OUT to you no later than 24 July, 4 weeks from their estimated arrival at UMLab.
If you do have any specific questions arising from your quoted turn around time, please feel free to email us about them, we'll do all we can to help explain and set your expectations in the right place.
Edited by UniqueMelodyAus - 7/11/12 at 12:08ampost #3337 of 38217/11/12 at 5:23am
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver. Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock? If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.post #3338 of 38217/11/12 at 5:50am
Just got my impressions done this morning and dropped them off at the UMAUS office. Previously had the Shure SE530 and now going for the UM Miracles.
I'm under the impression that there will be an estimated 4-6 week wait before I get them.
Hopefully my payment has gone through and that the girl at the front desk has handed it to the UM people so they can be sent off faster.post #3339 of 38217/11/12 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I'm debating whether to reshell my TF10 and get the 4 or 6 driver upgrade or reshell my R-50 (TWFK) as thats my favorite IEM also they said they might be able to add a bass driver. Anyone that has reshelled TF10's with drivers added can you tell me how they sound comparded to stock? If it makes a good improvement over the stock sound then I'll probably go that rout.post #3340 of 38217/11/12 at 10:51amQuote:
Yeah I think the TF10 reshell plus drivers is the way to go and the 6 driver set up is what I think I'm going to do, a 6 BA CIEM under $500 is to good to pass up.post #3341 of 38217/13/12 at 8:18am
Does anyone know the cheapest way to ship to China? USPS is quoting $17 for a small flat rate box shipped internationally.
If I do go that route, does it matter if I make the box bulge a bit? The Westone case is like 1-7/8" high while the box is 1-5/8" high. Not sure if it's risky and/or USPS cares or not.
I thought shipping was covered for reshells. Sad it's not :/ already owe my mother $120 hahaha.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 7/13/12 at 8:40ampost #3342 of 38217/13/12 at 8:47ampost #3343 of 38217/13/12 at 9:43pm
That sucks hahaha.
I'm about ready to ship it but do you guys think this is sufficient enough to ship in a small flat rate box? Along with bubble wrap of course. It's a small Shure clamshell case. IEM + impressions fit pretty snugly inside. Not sure if it'd like get crushed or something while shipping.
Reshelling them into translucent black shell + opaque white faceplate :) Unless I can find a color that goes well with opaque black as I kind of want that since it looks more professional. Should I get the UM logo on it, even though it's a Westone ES3X? I find their logo nice but it seems odd, and it'd seem like it'd also make it impossible to sell again if I were to ever upgrade.
And does anyone have any yellowing problem with the clear shells? If not I will probably actually go for clear shells + red/blue tips + opaque black faceplates.. I read that UM doesn't have that problem with their type of acrylic but I just want to make sure. Like in the ES3X above, the vinyl is literally yellowing (I mean, deep yellow. Like yellow-orange) probably from moisture or wax, which is sort of disgusting.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 7/13/12 at 10:38pmpost #3344 of 38217/13/12 at 10:14pm
Yesterday I got my reshelled TF10!
Turnaround time was excellent, UM Australia received my impressions on 12 of June and one month later I had my new shiny earphones
UM Aus guys were extremely helpful and answered all my questions promptly
Thank you guys! :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 seconds ago
- › Speakers or monitors for audiophile experience? 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Full-sized workout headphones 4 minutes ago
- › how is spacial imaging increased for iems? 4 minutes ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 5 minutes ago
- › The best headphones in the world 7 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude