Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 3857
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren View Post
Hmm... idk. Null Audio is based in Singapore which is extremely convenient and safe for me. I wonder if I could arrange with Null Audio to have my UM3X customized a special way (to be talked through with Sam) but with Null Audio's cables and free impressions service.
That's not possible, Null Audio won't allow even artwork on their remolds, let alone changing/tunign the configuration of the UM3X.
post #167 of 3857
Will they make dual bore sound tubes instead of just a single one?
post #168 of 3857
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBY03evo View Post
Will they make dual bore sound tubes instead of just a single one?
They are dual bore, they just terminate into one at the very end.
post #169 of 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
That's not possible, Null Audio won't allow even artwork on their remolds, let alone changing/tunign the configuration of the UM3X.
Huh? I'm quite sure they have artwork now at the very least. I've confirmed that much with them by email.

Wow... this thread is 10+ pages with scarcely an impression. Then again, I'm probably contributing to the noise. Thanks for the help MaoDi.
post #170 of 3857
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren View Post
Huh? I'm quite sure they have artwork now at the very least. I've confirmed that much with them by email.
Null Audio doesn't do artwork. It clearly states on the site, you only get to choose your colour.
post #171 of 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
Null Audio doesn't do artwork. It clearly states on the site, you only get to choose your colour.
And I quote:

Quote:
Please Choose:
Colors


Artwork
Yes ( +S$43.50 )


Upgrade to Lune Series Cable
Yes ( +S$43.50 ) (+0.2lbs)

Artwork support is limited to single color!
This applies for any remodelling service at Null Audio. I've spent too much time asking Null Audio about this very topic.
post #172 of 3857
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren View Post
This applies for any remodelling service at Null Audio. I've spent too much time asking Null Audio about this very topic.
Hmm interesting, looks like they changed it up.
post #173 of 3857
I've got the Hearyourself C2, and I think they suck.
I'm going to contact them to ask or it's possible to remold it and put extra driver(s) in it.
post #174 of 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztian420 View Post
I am promoting UM's product! In fact, I am super disappointed with Null Audio.
I shot them an email a few months ago. I guess I am kinda anal, so I listed 10 questions, and they took a while to answered. I listed 10 questions, and they answered 2.

Then later after searching online in both Chinese and English sites, I came across a local Taiwanese forum that have the answers that I was looking for; ). I called a local retailer: hifi.com.tw and they took a really long time to answer my questions, so being as anxious as I was, I decided to send an email to UM directly.

I emailed Sam(UM), and I got his response the same nite. He added me to his MSN and explained a ton of questions that I had. Again,.. I am anal, and I was trying to find out the differences between the sound signature of es3, ue10 and if it's possible to upgrade my sf5p into ue11, what materials to use, and the different effects between the custom UE and Westone cables.

He answered everything in detail and he quoted me a very reasonable price. Much cheaper than Null Audio. So I guess I am thankful for Null Audio's lousy service. I think UM is getting very popular in various Chinese forums, and it's also gaining their recognition in this community. My advice is to be patient, and instead of ordering the UE and Westone custom cables, order some local custom cables. They sound very very nice: )

Finally,...I am not working for UM, nor am I a investor. I just want to share my experience here.Also the obvious YEMV applies here.
i emailed sam n UM more than a week ago n still have not got any reply..
post #175 of 3857
I wonder if two sets of TF10's could be combined?
post #176 of 3857
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBY03evo View Post
I wonder if two sets of TF10's could be combined?
In a way yes, but it would be a waste since there's not a driver in the TF10 that is dedicated to to the mids.
post #177 of 3857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
In a way yes, but it would be a waste since there's not a driver in the TF10 that is dedicated to to the mids.
Oh I thought there was, my bad. What triples do you think would work well?
post #178 of 3857
i have custom cables with my tf 10. will they still fit aftre remolding? the plugs fit the original tf10 shell, but are a bit longer than the original plugs where.
post #179 of 3857
My impressions made it safely to Null Audio. Everything is good so far, including solid communication. I'm hoping to have remolds back in I'm guessing 2-3 weeks.
post #180 of 3857
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorbit View Post
i have custom cables with my tf 10. will they still fit aftre remolding? the plugs fit the original tf10 shell, but are a bit longer than the original plugs where.
They shouldn't have a problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread