Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrisha View Post
Scott, sorry for offtop, looks like you have D2 Boa and Pico. I own Boa too. Is it worth to upgrade to Pico? Thanks.
I think so.
post #122 of 3878
I just wanted to update everyone. I made enough calls and so did Sam and he found where my package was. It finally got there September 27th. I shipped it on August 28th. That's a long time. I'd hate to think what First Class Mail would have been.

He told me 2-3 weeks for the work. I also got a black version of the Vienna cable coming. Total is $200. Seems like there's still time to change the cable and I haven't heard many people weighing in on it. How do people feel about the cable? Is it worth it? Is there a preferred cable? I heard people say that Purple Storm seems to make things more bassy and having EBs and all I know I don't want them any more bassy than they already are.

My eventual review is back on.
post #123 of 3878
Wow. I had just assumed you DID send your package First Class, seeing as how it was taking so long. Damn the USPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post
I just wanted to update everyone. I made enough calls and so did Sam and he found where my package was. It finally got there September 27th. I shipped it on August 28th. That's a long time. I'd hate to think what First Class Mail would have been.

He told me 2-3 weeks for the work. I also got a black version of the Vienna cable coming. Total is $200. Seems like there's still time to change the cable and I haven't heard many people weighing in on it. How do people feel about the cable? Is it worth it? Is there a preferred cable? I heard people say that Purple Storm seems to make things more bassy and having EBs and all I know I don't want them any more bassy than they already are.

My eventual review is back on.
post #124 of 3878
An update on my order:

Talked to sam yesterday and confirmed that he received my earphones. I used the USPS Express Mail Service and insured it for $350. From Hawaii, that cost $31. Shipping took 6 days.

I ordered the purple storm cable, solid black earpiece with grey artwork.

quoted price including return shipping was $202.

Update to follow in about a month :O

Question: how purple is the purple storm cable?
post #125 of 3878
I saw it last night. It's a double braid. And to be honest it looks more lavender than purple to me. I wish I could provide a picture but I can't find one. But its a *very* light purple.
post #126 of 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post

He told me 2-3 weeks for the work. I also got a black version of the Vienna cable coming. Total is $200. Seems like there's still time to change the cable and I haven't heard many people weighing in on it. How do people feel about the cable? Is it worth it? Is there a preferred cable? I heard people say that Purple Storm seems to make things more bassy and having EBs and all I know I don't want them any more bassy than they already are.
Indeed more like lavender, doesn't look like it should have more bass.....! I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on the cables too.
LL
LL
post #127 of 3878
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...ml#post5930114

That was posted last month, but it appears the cable choices were different for him. Maybe it has to do with a different model or the like. I have the black original UE cable I was going to use for portability, but I've thought about maybe one of the other cables, as I know it will be all but impossible to use my Vienna cable portably. A Vienna cable on some 5EBs already has to be some massive overkill..
post #128 of 3878
So Sam has received my super.fi 5 pros and is adding a mid driver with the remold..
anyone think amping is necessary? It wasn't much of an issue with the 2 drivers, but I'm wondering if adding a 3rd drive will make it more demanding
post #129 of 3878
I wouldn't say so. I can't verify it, but I think the EB's take quite a bit more energy to drive than the pros due to the big diaphragm, and any device I've put mine with have had no problem being driven to levels that would make your eardrums tickle. I don't think a third transducer will make the overall load that bad.
post #130 of 3878
Thread Starter 
shouldn't be that hard to drive an extra driver. BA's are so efficient, it barely makes a difference....that is unless they decided to put in 400ohm drivers which their not idiots so they won't.
post #131 of 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by irjoe View Post
So Sam has received my super.fi 5 pros and is adding a mid driver with the remold..
anyone think amping is necessary? It wasn't much of an issue with the 2 drivers, but I'm wondering if adding a 3rd drive will make it more demanding
i heard it was possible to even add another driver.. any1 has any idea wad kind it could b?
post #132 of 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardson 1L View Post
An update on my order:

Talked to sam yesterday and confirmed that he received my earphones. I used the USPS Express Mail Service and insured it for $350. From Hawaii, that cost $31. Shipping took 6 days.

I ordered the purple storm cable, solid black earpiece with grey artwork.

quoted price including return shipping was $202.

Update to follow in about a month :O

Question: how purple is the purple storm cable?
Is the $202 with an extra driver? Or is that just remolding, cable and shipping? My cost through Null Audio is $179 with remolding, cable, accessories and shipping.
post #133 of 3878
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barleyguy View Post
Is the $202 with an extra driver? Or is that just remolding, cable and shipping? My cost through Null Audio is $179 with remolding, cable, accessories and shipping.
$202 is including the added driver i believe (or the cable). It's only $80 for remolding from UM, but you don't get a cable like you do with Null Audio.
post #134 of 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
$202 is including the added driver i believe (or the cable). It's only $80 for remolding from UM, but you don't get a cable like you do with Null Audio.
Sam quoted me:

$90 for reshelling
$42 for cable
$35 for artwork
$35 for shipping

= $202

I think the $179 null audio price does not include artwork or return shipping(I could be wrong on the shipping). Although it comes with a better cable.

@Maodi.... is UM giving you free **** or something?...you are promoting UM with an unusual bias and it shows. Just wondering.
post #135 of 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardson 1L View Post
Sam quoted me:

$90 for reshelling
$42 for cable
$35 for artwork
$35 for shipping

= $202

I think the $179 null audio price does not include artwork or return shipping(I could be wrong on the shipping). Although it comes with a better cable.

@Maodi.... is UM giving you free **** or something?...you are promoting UM with an unusual bias and it shows. Just wondering.
I didn't request artwork. That would have been an extra $30. It does include return shipping though, via DHL. Mine isn't triple driver, so the base price is $169, and then the DHL shipping is $10.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread