I'd like to add, that if you add 2 additional plys of the stock dampener/filter onto the one already there, the high-end because significantly smoother in character, while losing none of what makes it so excellent. Also tones down the brightness a tad as a result.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/13/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/22/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/22/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categorySporttagged by System, 7/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0's or Klipsch Image S4's??? Last post on 7/28/10 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a new phone as a source for my amp->IEMs Last post on 7/8/10 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this iem is discontinued already. you can try searching for used item maybe
I'm selling mine, I've just been too lazy to put them on the for sale forum. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Let me know if you want them.
Thank you all for the advice! However, I am not sure if I will buy these at the price of 79 when the new re400 is just 99. My budget is 100. Do you guys have other suggestion beside the re0? Thanks!
you could get the re-272 for 199$ from amazon.com
Well I'm trashing the RE0 I do have. They were a replacement which I shelved for a long time due to upgrading. I gave them another listen and also realized I shelved them because the left channel was failing. Hifiman always had a build quality problem. I got some good use out of them and may purchase the RE400 in the future. They were generous about returns. I have the VC02 on the way!
Edited by jarrett - 3/8/13 at 9:41pm
Waiting for my REOs to ship! Could anyone tell what`s the difference in sound between them and Etys HF5 or ERs? I`m just curious because interested in getting Etys and if having REOs - what the difference would be? I`m listening to jazz and classical.
HF5 will probably be better. HF5 is single balanced armature I think, and the RE0 (replaced by the RE400 now) is a dynamic driver. The R-50 is a dual BA. They all have a analytical sound signature
Edited by jarrett - 4/23/13 at 1:59pm
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Bass friendly headphones for electronic music to compliment... 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Portable on-ear for use on daily commute 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)