I'd like to add, that if you add 2 additional plys of the stock dampener/filter onto the one already there, the high-end because significantly smoother in character, while losing none of what makes it so excellent. Also tones down the brightness a tad as a result.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/13/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/22/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/22/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categorySporttagged by System, 7/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0's or Klipsch Image S4's??? Last post on 7/28/10 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a new phone as a source for my amp->IEMs Last post on 7/8/10 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this iem is discontinued already. you can try searching for used item maybe
I'm selling mine, I've just been too lazy to put them on the for sale forum. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Let me know if you want them.
Thank you all for the advice! However, I am not sure if I will buy these at the price of 79 when the new re400 is just 99. My budget is 100. Do you guys have other suggestion beside the re0? Thanks!
you could get the re-272 for 199$ from amazon.com
Well I'm trashing the RE0 I do have. They were a replacement which I shelved for a long time due to upgrading. I gave them another listen and also realized I shelved them because the left channel was failing. Hifiman always had a build quality problem. I got some good use out of them and may purchase the RE400 in the future. They were generous about returns. I have the VC02 on the way!
Edited by jarrett - 3/8/13 at 9:41pm
Waiting for my REOs to ship! Could anyone tell what`s the difference in sound between them and Etys HF5 or ERs? I`m just curious because interested in getting Etys and if having REOs - what the difference would be? I`m listening to jazz and classical.
HF5 will probably be better. HF5 is single balanced armature I think, and the RE0 (replaced by the RE400 now) is a dynamic driver. The R-50 is a dual BA. They all have a analytical sound signature
Edited by jarrett - 4/23/13 at 1:59pm
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 1 minute ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Lepai LP-2020A for the ath-esw9's? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)