I'd like to add, that if you add 2 additional plys of the stock dampener/filter onto the one already there, the high-end because significantly smoother in character, while losing none of what makes it so excellent. Also tones down the brightness a tad as a result.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0's or Klipsch Image S4's??? Last post on 7/28/10 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM Last post on 3/27/12 at 12:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:
this iem is discontinued already. you can try searching for used item maybe
I'm selling mine, I've just been too lazy to put them on the for sale forum. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Let me know if you want them.
Thank you all for the advice! However, I am not sure if I will buy these at the price of 79 when the new re400 is just 99. My budget is 100. Do you guys have other suggestion beside the re0? Thanks!
you could get the re-272 for 199$ from amazon.com
Well I'm trashing the RE0 I do have. They were a replacement which I shelved for a long time due to upgrading. I gave them another listen and also realized I shelved them because the left channel was failing. Hifiman always had a build quality problem. I got some good use out of them and may purchase the RE400 in the future. They were generous about returns. I have the VC02 on the way!
Edited by jarrett - 3/8/13 at 9:41pm
Waiting for my REOs to ship! Could anyone tell what`s the difference in sound between them and Etys HF5 or ERs? I`m just curious because interested in getting Etys and if having REOs - what the difference would be? I`m listening to jazz and classical.
HF5 will probably be better. HF5 is single balanced armature I think, and the RE0 (replaced by the RE400 now) is a dynamic driver. The R-50 is a dual BA. They all have a analytical sound signature
Edited by jarrett - 4/23/13 at 1:59pm
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 19 seconds ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 26 seconds ago
- › Which IEM should I buy next among these...?... 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 59 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven... 1 minute ago
- › Portaphile Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe