I'd like to add, that if you add 2 additional plys of the stock dampener/filter onto the one already there, the high-end because significantly smoother in character, while losing none of what makes it so excellent. Also tones down the brightness a tad as a result.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/13/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/22/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/22/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categorySporttagged by System, 7/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0's or Klipsch Image S4's??? Last post on 7/28/10 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a new phone as a source for my amp->IEMs Last post on 7/8/10 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM Last post on 2/4/14 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sennheiser RS185 Quick Review Thanks to Sennheiser for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/764148/sennheiser-rs185-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Look Ma, no...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members like...
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread - Page 30
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #437 of 4693/5/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
this iem is discontinued already. you can try searching for used item maybepost #438 of 4693/5/13 at 11:56pmQuote:
I'm selling mine, I've just been too lazy to put them on the for sale forum. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Let me know if you want them.post #439 of 4693/6/13 at 8:17ampost #440 of 4693/6/13 at 1:17pmpost #441 of 4693/6/13 at 5:08pm
Thank you all for the advice! However, I am not sure if I will buy these at the price of 79 when the new re400 is just 99. My budget is 100. Do you guys have other suggestion beside the re0? Thanks!post #442 of 4693/6/13 at 5:32pm
you could get the re-272 for 199$ from amazon.com
Quote:post #443 of 4693/6/13 at 8:02pmpost #444 of 4693/7/13 at 12:30ampost #445 of 4693/7/13 at 3:24ampost #446 of 4693/7/13 at 6:56ampost #447 of 4693/8/13 at 9:20pm
Well I'm trashing the RE0 I do have. They were a replacement which I shelved for a long time due to upgrading. I gave them another listen and also realized I shelved them because the left channel was failing. Hifiman always had a build quality problem. I got some good use out of them and may purchase the RE400 in the future. They were generous about returns. I have the VC02 on the way!
Edited by jarrett - 3/8/13 at 9:41pmpost #448 of 4693/26/13 at 7:06am
Waiting for my REOs to ship! Could anyone tell what`s the difference in sound between them and Etys HF5 or ERs? I`m just curious because interested in getting Etys and if having REOs - what the difference would be? I`m listening to jazz and classical.post #449 of 4694/23/13 at 12:31ampost #450 of 4694/23/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
HF5 will probably be better. HF5 is single balanced armature I think, and the RE0 (replaced by the RE400 now) is a dynamic driver. The R-50 is a dual BA. They all have a analytical sound signature
Edited by jarrett - 4/23/13 at 1:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Ogg Vorbis Sounds Great!!! 4 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 4 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 5 minutes ago
- › Cambridge meet impressions, 25 April 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2