I do not want to buy "sports" IEMs. Can the Re0 be used for sport?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AH-C700K Reference Audio In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/11/11
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/13/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/22/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 7/22/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/22/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- categorySporttagged by System, 7/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0's or Klipsch Image S4's??? Last post on 7/28/10 at 9:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a new phone as a source for my amp->IEMs Last post on 7/8/10 at 5:34am in Portable Source Gear
- [REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM Last post on 3/27/12 at 12:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 4557/16/11 at 9:32pmpost #378 of 4557/17/11 at 4:27ampost #379 of 4557/17/11 at 8:38am
I really enjoy mine. For a universal IEM they are among my most comfortable. The overall sonic satisfaction is very impressive and with a little boost from my amp in the bass they're even nicer sounding to my taste. I haven't had any build issues yet and I've had mine for about 9 months.post #380 of 4557/17/11 at 1:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by drsamdc
I really enjoy mine. For a universal IEM they are among my most comfortable. The overall sonic satisfaction is very impressive and with a little boost from my amp in the bass they're even nicer sounding to my taste. I haven't had any build issues yet and I've had mine for about 9 months.
Me too...just the bi-flanges and nothing else. Running through my Xenos 3HA, sounds great.post #381 of 4557/17/11 at 5:54pm
X2. Had mine for around 6 months then cable breaks near the jack. Fotunately, head-direct has a very good customer service and had mine replaced with no questions askedpost #382 of 4557/18/11 at 9:25pmQuote:
Good for you.. Where I'm from, there is no head-direct or any hifiman authorized sellers so I had mine bought through a friend of mine who went to Singapore.. so when mine broke, that's it.. no replacement T_Tpost #383 of 4557/20/11 at 7:29am
I did not bother to shell a few hundred more $$$ on an other IEM than the RE0, with the eventual hope of getting better or at least more pleasing sound. Two weeks ago on my last flight the cabin cleaners, by accident, took my RE0. I was sad, but with a backup pair of RE0 waiting for me at home. Of course, the loss of a SE535 would have made me more sad.post #384 of 4558/20/11 at 9:57pm
Loved my RE0, but keep in mind these are home IEM, hence the past tense. Lotsa stress on the cord/housings will break it - happened to me twice, once out of warranty. Soon to be replaced with ety hf3.post #385 of 4558/20/11 at 9:57pmpost #386 of 4558/20/11 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by zappp
I did not bother to shell a few hundred more $$$ on an other IEM than the RE0, with the eventual hope of getting better or at least more pleasing sound. Two weeks ago on my last flight the cabin cleaners, by accident, took my RE0. I was sad, but with a backup pair of RE0 waiting for me at home. Of course, the loss of a SE535 would have made me more sad.
And the cabin cleaners more happy, so it evens out.post #387 of 4559/26/11 at 7:28am
This little fellows will give you a story to tell your friends thats for sure. I got them 3 weeks ago, and was a bit disappointed at the beginning. The best tips were the single flanged medium size but still it didnt provide proper fit / comfort, the bass was thin and there was something lacking in the treble / bass range felt a bit muffled... I started reading religiosly this appreciation thread and the big dandy thread, to find all solution for my problems. First burn in for around 30h, more bass, and general texture improved, more 60h sound quality and clarity improved like 20%. I still couldnt get a good fit with any tips, so searched a bit more, and found a mod for double flange tips cutting the second flange (leaving the stem), it improved the bass and soundstage alot but it was not that comfortable.After reading a lot made the conclusion would be to invest in Sony Hybrids for better comfort / isolation (without cutting highs like Comploy). Yes, it does improve a lot compared with moded double flange tips. Almost perfect fit, and isolation improved 30%. Well worth the money!
Today received finally my final addition to my set up of RE-0 w/ sony hybrids + sanza fuze rockboxed... The all mighty Fiio E5. Its the best 13€ ever spent, seriously.
It improves so much the texture, soundstage, and warmness in bass mode, its unbelievble to my hears. The music now feels really alive, and pumping thru my skull! I them noticed that switching between on / off bass there's a "middle setting" a bit difficult to set up, that enhances bass and highs and bit treble, dont know for sure. It adds more colour to the music, but cuts a bit in warmness (compared with bass mode), perfect for rock music, bass mode on ambient music. Now this a perfect setup... Thanks everyone for contributing to this forum. I never loved so much hearing music like now! AMEN HEAD-FI!!!!post #388 of 45511/3/11 at 6:05pmI ordered RE0's from Amazon and received them today but some paint or anodizing got screwed up during the manufacturing process; they came out of the box like this. Should I just suck it up and accept it?post #389 of 45511/3/11 at 7:12pmpost #390 of 45511/5/11 at 5:50am
Had RE0s for 5 months. Purchased through Amazon (although not from HeadDirect). The plastic housing of the earpiece crumbled last week when pulling them from my ears.
I also had a number of problems with the white-ish silicone cushions not wanting to stay on.
Contact HeadDirect... says that they were not purchased through them (but from a dealer on Amazon) and to contact him.
I contacted the dealer, and said to contact the manufacturer.
The manufacturer (HiFiMan) said to contact their US rep... HeadDirect.... uhhhh....
Contacted the dealer again that said "all manufacturer warranties apply"...
Round and round we go....
Took it up with Amazon and they issued me a refund.
So... buyer beware... be careful WHERE you purchase yours from.
KReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head-Direct RE0 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Your Album of the Year 2013! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › Need to replace my V moda Crossfade LP Any Recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PC363D or Beyerdynamic DT 770 80ohm 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital