Picked up a blue 4GB Clip+ this afternoon....
Differences I noticed:
1. Put the volume control on the left... much better.
2. Menu item for the Slot Radio cards.... won't ever use.
3. Same great sound quality...
4. Pushing the center button toggles between now playing, graphic equalizer, and next song to be played.
5. The four way directional pad is no longer lighted... maybe a bit of battery life help.
6. Has replay gain.
7. On/Off switch on top... much better.
8. Actually like the new rear clip... almost same width and length as player and is perfectly parallel with the player.... ought to make it rest nicely on an amp.
9. Still plastic, but better build quality... was hoping for a gold plated titanium case!
10. Can now get track info from now playing options menu.
11. FM radio is OK... not great... at least at my location.
12. Seems to do a nice job of voice recording.
13. 8GB version only comes in black... needed some color in my life!
14. Added about 5 additional pre-set equalizer settings.... won't use.
15. Hold is accomplished by holding down the Home button.
16. Has uSD slot!!!! Internal memory and uSD card get integrated together into database!
17. Can browse by folder.
18. FLAC and Ogg support.
Well, that's what I've discovered in the hour I've been fussing with it. Should continue to be a hit..
Can't wait for the 32GB uSD cards: 4GB + 32GB = 36GB in this little puppy!
UPDATE: Been playing for 5 1/2 hours with screen on constantly and pumping 256 mp3s through it and the batt indicator is fluctuating between 1/4 and 1/3 down... so, if the indicator is linear, maybe the claimed 15 hours might be accurate.