- 788 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First time buyer, help needed Last post on 5/6/11 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a New Gaming Headset, Suggestions Around $50? Last post on 9/10/10 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 205-II vs Philips SHP8500/00 vs AKG K 512 vs JVC HA-M750 Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- gaming headphones up to $100? Last post on 8/28/10 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help modding jvc rx900 Last post on 8/24/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
(PS: Some content may be a no-brainer for most; it's just there for the less informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones) - Page 6post #76 of 822/16/10 at 10:05pmAfter a few days of burn in.I'm surprised to find out after A-B comparisons with my HFI-580s.That the M750's bass is just as good in fact better.The HFI-580s powered with iPod to D4 piggy backed to my ALO Mini^3 sound too bright, and more forward compared to the M750.Listening to Rage Against The Machine.The M750 startled me with the great punch from drums.Great detail from vocals and the rest of the instruments also.And definitely more enjoyable to listen too then the HFI-580s.I'm glad to see the highs and sound stage improved.I tried to open up the chamber with a small Philips screw driver.No go.You need a thin but long stemmed Philips with a fat handle for this.I was wondering how much bass you lose after taking the rubber ring off.Anyone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 822/16/10 at 11:53pmpost #78 of 827/17/10 at 9:14am
Both HA-M750 and HA-S650 look like great choices.
Since the JVC HA-S650 hasn't been reviewed yet, I got one here for u guys.post #79 of 827/17/10 at 9:19amThread Starterpost #80 of 827/17/10 at 9:34amQuote:
Thx jant71 :). It's because of asking professionals such as yourself, which narrowed down my choices and helped me pick a headphone right for me ^^.post #81 of 822/22/11 at 7:47amQuote:
Hi there! I'm new to this forum but have been following you guys for a while.
I agree, removing the rubber ring (is that the carbon compound diaphragm?) does result in a much clearer sound without any boominess. Moreover I added an extra thin layer of cotton pad inside the cushion room, This resulted in an astonishingly clearer, crispy and a whole sound with clean bass. Compared to my Denon C710, now the JVC M750 (after mod) sound rich and whole. Im loving it!post #82 of 8212/1/11 at 2:32pm
Just recently bought these headphones and been trying them out for a week.
Im no audiophile but ill give my opinion
-sound, headphones are more bassy then others, not BOOMBOOMBOOM but bassy, but the headphones can handle this level of bass if required for trance or house music, just turn on bassboost or what not. Like how it gives you the choice and itsnt heavy bass by default.
-mids and highs i can't really voice for since im not that experienced with headphones to give a true review. But i rather enjoy the sound, I dont hear a SSSSSsssSSSss noice from voices when you turn em up and all instruments can be heard rather easily.
-Comfort, Cant wear these for very long, over an hour without my earlobes hurting and discomfort at the top of my head. Perhaps its just me but my noggin is fairly normal size.
-noise isolating, not that great, id say equivalent to when you have your tuque over your ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony MDR-100ABN h.ear on wireless impressions thread 28 seconds ago
- › TDK BA200 Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 47 seconds ago
- › No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware. 59 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...