- 717 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First time buyer, help needed Last post on 5/6/11 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a New Gaming Headset, Suggestions Around $50? Last post on 9/10/10 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 205-II vs Philips SHP8500/00 vs AKG K 512 vs JVC HA-M750 Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- gaming headphones up to $100? Last post on 8/28/10 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help modding jvc rx900 Last post on 8/24/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
The Head-Fi website is a place for many good things related to headphones, amplifiers, Digital Audio Players (DAPS), and many more items. Manufacturers will often promote their new items on the...
JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones) - Page 6post #76 of 822/16/10 at 10:05pmAfter a few days of burn in.I'm surprised to find out after A-B comparisons with my HFI-580s.That the M750's bass is just as good in fact better.The HFI-580s powered with iPod to D4 piggy backed to my ALO Mini^3 sound too bright, and more forward compared to the M750.Listening to Rage Against The Machine.The M750 startled me with the great punch from drums.Great detail from vocals and the rest of the instruments also.And definitely more enjoyable to listen too then the HFI-580s.I'm glad to see the highs and sound stage improved.I tried to open up the chamber with a small Philips screw driver.No go.You need a thin but long stemmed Philips with a fat handle for this.I was wondering how much bass you lose after taking the rubber ring off.Anyone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 822/16/10 at 11:53pmpost #78 of 827/17/10 at 9:14am
Both HA-M750 and HA-S650 look like great choices.
Since the JVC HA-S650 hasn't been reviewed yet, I got one here for u guys.post #79 of 827/17/10 at 9:19amThread Starterpost #80 of 827/17/10 at 9:34amQuote:
Thx jant71 :). It's because of asking professionals such as yourself, which narrowed down my choices and helped me pick a headphone right for me ^^.post #81 of 822/22/11 at 7:47amQuote:
Hi there! I'm new to this forum but have been following you guys for a while.
I agree, removing the rubber ring (is that the carbon compound diaphragm?) does result in a much clearer sound without any boominess. Moreover I added an extra thin layer of cotton pad inside the cushion room, This resulted in an astonishingly clearer, crispy and a whole sound with clean bass. Compared to my Denon C710, now the JVC M750 (after mod) sound rich and whole. Im loving it!post #82 of 8212/1/11 at 2:32pm
Just recently bought these headphones and been trying them out for a week.
Im no audiophile but ill give my opinion
-sound, headphones are more bassy then others, not BOOMBOOMBOOM but bassy, but the headphones can handle this level of bass if required for trance or house music, just turn on bassboost or what not. Like how it gives you the choice and itsnt heavy bass by default.
-mids and highs i can't really voice for since im not that experienced with headphones to give a true review. But i rather enjoy the sound, I dont hear a SSSSSsssSSSss noice from voices when you turn em up and all instruments can be heard rather easily.
-Comfort, Cant wear these for very long, over an hour without my earlobes hurting and discomfort at the top of my head. Perhaps its just me but my noggin is fairly normal size.
-noise isolating, not that great, id say equivalent to when you have your tuque over your ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 39 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 48 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE560 AMP 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Bass-heavy Headphones suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Albuquerque, New Mexico meet is on! April 30, 2016 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse