- 780 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First time buyer, help needed Last post on 5/6/11 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a New Gaming Headset, Suggestions Around $50? Last post on 9/10/10 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 205-II vs Philips SHP8500/00 vs AKG K 512 vs JVC HA-M750 Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- gaming headphones up to $100? Last post on 8/28/10 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help modding jvc rx900 Last post on 8/24/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones) - Page 6post #76 of 822/16/10 at 10:05pmAfter a few days of burn in.I'm surprised to find out after A-B comparisons with my HFI-580s.That the M750's bass is just as good in fact better.The HFI-580s powered with iPod to D4 piggy backed to my ALO Mini^3 sound too bright, and more forward compared to the M750.Listening to Rage Against The Machine.The M750 startled me with the great punch from drums.Great detail from vocals and the rest of the instruments also.And definitely more enjoyable to listen too then the HFI-580s.I'm glad to see the highs and sound stage improved.I tried to open up the chamber with a small Philips screw driver.No go.You need a thin but long stemmed Philips with a fat handle for this.I was wondering how much bass you lose after taking the rubber ring off.Anyone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 822/16/10 at 11:53pmpost #78 of 827/17/10 at 9:14am
Both HA-M750 and HA-S650 look like great choices.
Since the JVC HA-S650 hasn't been reviewed yet, I got one here for u guys.post #79 of 827/17/10 at 9:19amThread Starterpost #80 of 827/17/10 at 9:34amQuote:
Thx jant71 :). It's because of asking professionals such as yourself, which narrowed down my choices and helped me pick a headphone right for me ^^.post #81 of 822/22/11 at 7:47amQuote:
Hi there! I'm new to this forum but have been following you guys for a while.
I agree, removing the rubber ring (is that the carbon compound diaphragm?) does result in a much clearer sound without any boominess. Moreover I added an extra thin layer of cotton pad inside the cushion room, This resulted in an astonishingly clearer, crispy and a whole sound with clean bass. Compared to my Denon C710, now the JVC M750 (after mod) sound rich and whole. Im loving it!post #82 of 8212/1/11 at 2:32pm
Just recently bought these headphones and been trying them out for a week.
Im no audiophile but ill give my opinion
-sound, headphones are more bassy then others, not BOOMBOOMBOOM but bassy, but the headphones can handle this level of bass if required for trance or house music, just turn on bassboost or what not. Like how it gives you the choice and itsnt heavy bass by default.
-mids and highs i can't really voice for since im not that experienced with headphones to give a true review. But i rather enjoy the sound, I dont hear a SSSSSsssSSSss noice from voices when you turn em up and all instruments can be heard rather easily.
-Comfort, Cant wear these for very long, over an hour without my earlobes hurting and discomfort at the top of my head. Perhaps its just me but my noggin is fairly normal size.
-noise isolating, not that great, id say equivalent to when you have your tuque over your ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 25 seconds ago
- › The Etymotics HF5 Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › What portable Amp and DAC should I pair with my DT 770 PRO 250 ohm 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Started with Denon D2000.....what should I get next????? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...