- 699 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First time buyer, help needed Last post on 5/6/11 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a New Gaming Headset, Suggestions Around $50? Last post on 9/10/10 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 205-II vs Philips SHP8500/00 vs AKG K 512 vs JVC HA-M750 Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- gaming headphones up to $100? Last post on 8/28/10 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help modding jvc rx900 Last post on 8/24/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones) - Page 6post #76 of 822/16/10 at 10:05pmAfter a few days of burn in.I'm surprised to find out after A-B comparisons with my HFI-580s.That the M750's bass is just as good in fact better.The HFI-580s powered with iPod to D4 piggy backed to my ALO Mini^3 sound too bright, and more forward compared to the M750.Listening to Rage Against The Machine.The M750 startled me with the great punch from drums.Great detail from vocals and the rest of the instruments also.And definitely more enjoyable to listen too then the HFI-580s.I'm glad to see the highs and sound stage improved.I tried to open up the chamber with a small Philips screw driver.No go.You need a thin but long stemmed Philips with a fat handle for this.I was wondering how much bass you lose after taking the rubber ring off.Anyone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 822/16/10 at 11:53pmpost #78 of 827/17/10 at 9:14am
Both HA-M750 and HA-S650 look like great choices.
Since the JVC HA-S650 hasn't been reviewed yet, I got one here for u guys.post #79 of 827/17/10 at 9:19amThread Starterpost #80 of 827/17/10 at 9:34amQuote:
Thx jant71 :). It's because of asking professionals such as yourself, which narrowed down my choices and helped me pick a headphone right for me ^^.post #81 of 822/22/11 at 7:47amQuote:
Hi there! I'm new to this forum but have been following you guys for a while.
I agree, removing the rubber ring (is that the carbon compound diaphragm?) does result in a much clearer sound without any boominess. Moreover I added an extra thin layer of cotton pad inside the cushion room, This resulted in an astonishingly clearer, crispy and a whole sound with clean bass. Compared to my Denon C710, now the JVC M750 (after mod) sound rich and whole. Im loving it!post #82 of 8212/1/11 at 2:32pm
Just recently bought these headphones and been trying them out for a week.
Im no audiophile but ill give my opinion
-sound, headphones are more bassy then others, not BOOMBOOMBOOM but bassy, but the headphones can handle this level of bass if required for trance or house music, just turn on bassboost or what not. Like how it gives you the choice and itsnt heavy bass by default.
-mids and highs i can't really voice for since im not that experienced with headphones to give a true review. But i rather enjoy the sound, I dont hear a SSSSSsssSSSss noice from voices when you turn em up and all instruments can be heard rather easily.
-Comfort, Cant wear these for very long, over an hour without my earlobes hurting and discomfort at the top of my head. Perhaps its just me but my noggin is fairly normal size.
-noise isolating, not that great, id say equivalent to when you have your tuque over your ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 27 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 36 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 54 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 1 minute ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3