- 699 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- First time buyer, help needed Last post on 5/6/11 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a New Gaming Headset, Suggestions Around $50? Last post on 9/10/10 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 205-II vs Philips SHP8500/00 vs AKG K 512 vs JVC HA-M750 Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- gaming headphones up to $100? Last post on 8/28/10 at 11:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help modding jvc rx900 Last post on 8/24/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones) - Page 6post #76 of 822/16/10 at 10:05pmAfter a few days of burn in.I'm surprised to find out after A-B comparisons with my HFI-580s.That the M750's bass is just as good in fact better.The HFI-580s powered with iPod to D4 piggy backed to my ALO Mini^3 sound too bright, and more forward compared to the M750.Listening to Rage Against The Machine.The M750 startled me with the great punch from drums.Great detail from vocals and the rest of the instruments also.And definitely more enjoyable to listen too then the HFI-580s.I'm glad to see the highs and sound stage improved.I tried to open up the chamber with a small Philips screw driver.No go.You need a thin but long stemmed Philips with a fat handle for this.I was wondering how much bass you lose after taking the rubber ring off.Anyone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 822/16/10 at 11:53pmpost #78 of 827/17/10 at 9:14am
Both HA-M750 and HA-S650 look like great choices.
Since the JVC HA-S650 hasn't been reviewed yet, I got one here for u guys.post #79 of 827/17/10 at 9:19amThread Starterpost #80 of 827/17/10 at 9:34amQuote:
Thx jant71 :). It's because of asking professionals such as yourself, which narrowed down my choices and helped me pick a headphone right for me ^^.post #81 of 822/22/11 at 7:47amQuote:
Hi there! I'm new to this forum but have been following you guys for a while.
I agree, removing the rubber ring (is that the carbon compound diaphragm?) does result in a much clearer sound without any boominess. Moreover I added an extra thin layer of cotton pad inside the cushion room, This resulted in an astonishingly clearer, crispy and a whole sound with clean bass. Compared to my Denon C710, now the JVC M750 (after mod) sound rich and whole. Im loving it!post #82 of 8212/1/11 at 2:32pm
Just recently bought these headphones and been trying them out for a week.
Im no audiophile but ill give my opinion
-sound, headphones are more bassy then others, not BOOMBOOMBOOM but bassy, but the headphones can handle this level of bass if required for trance or house music, just turn on bassboost or what not. Like how it gives you the choice and itsnt heavy bass by default.
-mids and highs i can't really voice for since im not that experienced with headphones to give a true review. But i rather enjoy the sound, I dont hear a SSSSSsssSSSss noice from voices when you turn em up and all instruments can be heard rather easily.
-Comfort, Cant wear these for very long, over an hour without my earlobes hurting and discomfort at the top of my head. Perhaps its just me but my noggin is fairly normal size.
-noise isolating, not that great, id say equivalent to when you have your tuque over your ears.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JVC "Black Series" (New Portable Phones)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 25 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 43 seconds ago
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 51 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2