Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 7

post #91 of 1050
Elluion, mine costed $25, and worked perfectly (the first time).
post #92 of 1050
Okay, yeah I think i'll give it a go then

Edit: Made an appointment. hopefully my impressions will be better this time. I get to decide on a new JH5 COLOR i'm thinking purple or bright orange..
post #93 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
I get to decide on a new JH5 COLOR i'm thinking purple or bright orange..
Sure you don't want to try another round of dark red?

I've sent my impression on Sept 12th (from Singapore) by normal registered post. It reached there Sept 28th. Brittany replied my email last week and estimated the ship out date should be today. Hopefully the $75 for international shipment will be here by Monday, Oct 12th. That's one month exactly! What a wait.

And I hope I don't experience big fitting issue.
post #94 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
Sure you don't want to try another round of dark red?

I've sent my impression on Sept 12th (from Singapore) by normal registered post. It reached there Sept 28th. Brittany replied my email last week and estimated the ship out date should be today. Hopefully the $75 for international shipment will be here by Monday, Oct 12th. That's one month exactly! What a wait.

And I hope I don't experience big fitting issue.
I'm in a bit of a dhilema,,, i am out of money and can't ship my JH customs back till the 15th! eeeek. i'm gonna email them about it. hopefully it will be okay.
post #95 of 1050
Ouch!

that bites! You got a new pair of impressions then?

I don't see why they wouldn't give it another shot, even since you got a new set of impressions.

I'd like to hear more comments on the JH5's musical capabilities.

I have Grado SR225i, and love it.
I listen to rock, alternative rock, and softer rock.
for example:
MuteMath
ColdPlay
Deathcab for cutie
Picture Atlantic
Snow Patrol
Kings of Leon
Dave mathew's
Jack Johnson
John Mayer.

does any current owner think these'll fit me?
post #96 of 1050
I just got the tracking number 10 minutes ago, and it seems the shipment is already in Singapore, waiting for customs clearance. Great!
post #97 of 1050
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
I just got the tracking number 10 minutes ago, and it seems the shipment is already in Singapore, waiting for customs clearance. Great!
Cool, post up pics when you receive them.
post #98 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBY03evo View Post
Cool, post up pics when you receive them.
I will, if I can figure out how to post photos here.

I checked UPS tracking and it seems that they shipped out on Oct 2nd, and my postal service confirmed that my impression reached on Sept 28th. That's super fast turn-around time. I wonder I should be happy or suspicious.
post #99 of 1050
I am sort of stuck between getting these and the alien ears C3.

On one hand, Jerry Harvey's reputation is unmatched. On the other hand, the C3 is triple driver, less expensive, and they don't charge me for shipping everything (adds up after three trips.) Colors are better on the C3 as well.

Does anyone have an opinion here? I'll go for the JH5s if it's worth it but once I add in impressions, shipping, etc it's more like $500 which is a lot more than $345.
post #100 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1gra View Post
I am sort of stuck between getting these and the alien ears C3.

On one hand, Jerry Harvey's reputation is unmatched. On the other hand, the C3 is triple driver, less expensive, and they don't charge me for shipping everything (adds up after three trips.) Colors are better on the C3 as well.

Does anyone have an opinion here? I'll go for the JH5s if it's worth it but once I add in impressions, shipping, etc it's more like $500 which is a lot more than $345.
I personally wouldn't go with AlienEars. Looking at theor build quality and service, it's inferior when compared to JH Audio. The C3 also isn't $345, but rather $395. So making it the same price as the JH5. Despite being triple driver, it's still only a two way crossover so that extra driver there is just to bump the lows. While JH Audio uses custom drivers for their JH5, so covering that isn't a problem.

It's really up to you, but on my thought. I would go with JH Audio.
post #101 of 1050
I would highly recommend you not to get C3. When I had them, I thought they were decent but having higher-end customs, now I know how bad those are. I tried universal demo of JH5 and they are better deal. If I were you, I would save up and go with UE10/11 or ES3X (or even JH13 but that is a bit of stretch). I think these are much better deal than dual drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1gra View Post
I am sort of stuck between getting these and the alien ears C3.

On one hand, Jerry Harvey's reputation is unmatched. On the other hand, the C3 is triple driver, less expensive, and they don't charge me for shipping everything (adds up after three trips.) Colors are better on the C3 as well.

Does anyone have an opinion here? I'll go for the JH5s if it's worth it but once I add in impressions, shipping, etc it's more like $500 which is a lot more than $345.
post #102 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifidk View Post
If I were you, I would save up and go with UE10/11 or ES3X (or even JH13 but that is a bit of stretch).
UE11 is more expensive than the JH13.
post #103 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
UE11 is more expensive than the JH13.
True. I was just thinking about the price of UE10 (which is still expensive).
post #104 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifidk View Post
True. I was just thinking about the price of UE10 (which is still expensive).
Very much so, yes. There's less of a difference in price between UE10 ($900) and JH13 ($1100) than between JH5 ($400) and UE10.

That's why the JH5 and the JH13 are the most popular IEMs of the line: bottom price vs. top quality. It's easier to pick one than to try and settle for a middle ground.
post #105 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
Very much so, yes. There's less of a difference in price between UE10 ($900) and JH13 ($1100) than between JH5 ($400) and UE10.

That's why the JH5 and the JH13 are the most popular IEMs of the line: bottom price vs. top quality. It's easier to pick one than to try and settle for a middle ground.
Exactly. Absolutely.

I for one, have no intention of spending more then the JH5 for a good long time... therefore the JH5 will have to do, it's not as simple as saving up and springing for JH13s (though i wish it was so).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread