I wouldn't even use the JH5s for gymming. Much too precious.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No) Last post on 3/22/12 at 2:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sell me on IEM's, bad live experiences Last post on 3/15/11 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 vs. JH5 PRO Last post on 9/6/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: Today
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 60post #886 of 106711/27/11 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #887 of 106711/28/11 at 12:16pm
For what it's worth, I just passed 1 year anniversary with my JH5. I use them nearly everyday for hour-long workouts whether it be weights, treadmill or stairclimber. I have sweat quite a bit using them the past year and they still sound like the day I got them. Clear cable is a bit green but that's it.post #888 of 106711/28/11 at 3:09pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Spyro
For what it's worth, I just passed 1 year anniversary with my JH5. I use them nearly everyday for hour-long workouts whether it be weights, treadmill or stairclimber. I have sweat quite a bit using them the past year and they still sound like the day I got them. Clear cable is a bit green but that's it.
That's wonderful to hear! I was planning to use my JH5 at the gym as well, glad they can withstand the sweat because I sweat like a beast...post #889 of 106712/12/11 at 12:00ampost #890 of 106712/12/11 at 5:46pm
I got my JH5 today in the mail in a surprise move since I didn't know I got charged for it already since I was told I would get an email or some kind of notification but it probably went into my spam folder.
I got mine in a trans black color and the fit seems to be perfect which is great since that's one less issue to deal with. A side note but customs not fitting properly is a huge pita and I don't want to deal with that again.
I basically got these as my portable commute earphones since what I have now which are the Klipsch X10 does not isolate as well as I like and does not fit as good. I will probably sell them off when I am not lazy and decide to take some pictures and such.
Impressions coming over the next few days..post #891 of 106712/12/11 at 6:06pm
looking forward to your impressions. im still probably about 2 weeks out from my aud5x being ready. the JH5 was one that iw as considering instead of the aud5x.post #892 of 106712/12/11 at 6:14pm
This is one expensive impulse buy where I can't get most of my money back if I sold it like my previous impulse buys like my HE-500 or V200.
From a 5 minutes or so of listening they sound similar to the JH16 demo I heard in the last NY meet. I'm just going to make things simple for me and just use it with my phone and sometimes my tablet. I don't need to get fancy with transportable dac/amps, portable amps, lod, etc. so this is good enough for me. I want to focus on other things such as my headphone rig more although I'm not going to really touch that either for a while so in terms of what my rig is like now I like it quite a bit and don't see any changes in the near future.
First of all the hard case JH Audio gives you is real nice. It is not as big as a pelican 1010 which although great is a bit too big but the case that comes with the JH5 is also big but is not as tall so a bit better in that sense. However I'll most likely use my last case from my old UM customs or the case that comes with the TF10.post #893 of 106712/12/11 at 7:10pm
Looking forward to your impressions rawrster.
It was also an impulse buy for me as a result of the 15% off and I had just purchased UM Merlins. Planning to use the JH5 for commute and Merlins at home since the Merlins aren't too isolating.post #894 of 106712/13/11 at 1:26pm
For those that missed the Thanksgiving deal, JH Audio currently have a 10% discount off all customs, apparel and accessories for residents of the continental United States and Canada. The offer's valid until Dec.31st 11:59 EST and excludes the JH-3A Amp with JH16. Coupon Code is: CHEER
Good time to save $40 and give the JH5 a try.post #895 of 106712/16/11 at 6:55pm
I've had these for a few days and put maybe 5-6 hours on them. I have tried them on two set ups where one is what I will use around 99% of the time and the other was just for kicks. The set up I will use most of the time is with the JH5 just connected to my sgs phone rooted and using voodoo. The other is my full sized main setup in the Yulong D100 dac and Violectric V200 amp.
I can say that the JH5 does scale up. I feel that my home set up is as good as it gets with the JH5 but my D100 may be all it needs to reach the potential but of course I did not try it but with my previous customs it did not really get much better but that's just guessing since I'm too lazy to try and see. While it sounds good out of my phone with my home set up it sounds a good amount better but that is too much money to put into a set up for an earphone that costs $400.
My impressions of these so far are mostly positive. They do somewhat remind me of the JH16 demo I hear a month ago in that I was surprised at what I was hearing. I expected a bass monster in the JH16 like the W3 or IE8 but it was not a bass monster but had a good amount of bass and great extension. The JH5 I expected something along those lines but not quite as much of a bass monster and with a lot of warmth so I expected a huge mid bass bump like the IE8 but once again my expectations were not met and possibly a good thing since I didn't know what to expect other than they sounded quite good for $400. It should have enough bass for most and has fairly good extension but not the best. The midrange is nice as well although it may possible be a bit recessed but I have not compared it to judge that and probably won't since I just don't care all that much. There really isn't the massive warmth that I was expecting but it does have a small amount of warmth that doesn't overdo it. The treble while being nice and has decent extension isn't quite the best extension like what I'm used to but really at $400 it sounds very good.
I think at the original price of $699 I believe it was these would be overpriced slightly but at $400 it's a damn good deal. It's even better if you go through one of the audiologists that will either give you a discount or do it for free if you buy through them and I am glad I did. These may have been an impulse buy but I don't regret it.post #896 of 106712/16/11 at 9:42pmpost #897 of 106712/17/11 at 7:32amQuote:
I no longer have them due to lack of use with them. I think I didn't use them for around 7-8 months before I decided to sell them. My portable is just simple with the JH5 and my sgs phone now. I'm more interested in a full sized set up than portable these days so all I really have is the JH5 and my M2 earphones but I don't use the M2 all that much. However I do like the JH5 a lot esp since I got it for $410 I believe including shipping. I can't think of a universal that I would take over these right now in terms of performance and signature and the top universals cost 300+ so it comes quite close to what I paid for the JH5.
What I would like to get one day is the Moon Audio iem cable and be done with it since I am not a fan of the stock cable. The memory wire causes discomfort and after a while the braid does get a bit loose but I have other expenses so hopefully in a month or two..
Edited by rawrster - 12/17/11 at 7:51ampost #898 of 106712/17/11 at 8:15am
I also don't care for memory wires or earguides. Glad they're working. That was my overall impression on a short listen. Anything competitive in a universal is $400+ anyways and requires the dreaded tip sorting.
Edited by goodvibes - 12/17/11 at 8:16ampost #899 of 106712/17/11 at 10:41am
Positive impressions. Yes, it may not do anything "perfectly" but it does everything really really well. Considering the price I am not sure I have ever read a single negative comment about JH5 on this entire website. I've had mine just over a year and they have taken a lot of abuse and still sound great.post #900 of 106712/17/11 at 10:43amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Open back cans with replaceable parts <300 bucks 48 seconds ago
- › What do you do when listening to music? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for Headphones up-to 100$ 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade help please. 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)