It may even be just the price of the JH5 in some cases since some dealers ship it to JHA and give free impressions in some cases or at least a discounted price. At this price point it really is hard to justify a reshell indeed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No) Last post on 3/22/12 at 2:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sell me on IEM's, bad live experiences Last post on 3/15/11 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 vs. JH5 PRO Last post on 9/6/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 56post #826 of 10598/13/11 at 1:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #827 of 10598/13/11 at 7:20pm
In singapore, it costs around SGD$700 i think. As my friend is selling it at SGD$300, with a reshell cost of around ~SGD$150 it'll only be SGD$450 in total. But i shall heed your advice and purchase it directly.. SGD to USD conversion is only 1.2x now. Thanks guys!
Anyway, another question. Will the bass be too overwhelming for me, as i'm coming from a dba-02 and etymotic ER4S? When i had my SM3 the bass was quite a bit full and slightly more than what i'd like. Also, i love the treble sparkle of the DBA, er4s, ck10 etc. Will the JH5 provide that kind of sparkle and better bass?post #828 of 10598/13/11 at 7:21pmpost #829 of 10598/13/11 at 7:49pm
i have a diymod feeding an ibasso p3 heron (AD743JN op-amps) through a diylod (OFC copper quad braid) with BG caps. Should be able to drive the JH5s fineeee.
And thanks for the input! I'm just worried about problems down the road so the 1 year warranty from JH is enticing.. if i buy directly from them that is.post #830 of 10598/13/11 at 8:24pm
How about the westone 4? I can get a westone 4 for about~ SGD$450, roughly the sama price as a JH5, which is about SGD$450 after conversion from USD$399.
I'm a student and i'd like to have a step up from my DBAs, and have about $450 to spend. So i'm weighing between the westone 4 and the JH5, since i've read that JH5 does not crush the westone 4. Also enticing about the w4 is that it has better resale value!
Anyone who has heard the w4 and the Jh5 comment?post #831 of 10598/13/11 at 8:55pm
I have had both.
Unamped, JH5 destroys W4 in every regard, period. With amp, JH5 excels even more but I have not had the opportunity to use W4 amped.
Do not worry about resale value with JH5. Trust me, you won't be re-selling it. It's one of those IEM's you will have forever whether it be a front-runner for you or a back-up.post #832 of 10598/14/11 at 2:54ampost #833 of 10598/14/11 at 2:57ampost #834 of 10598/14/11 at 7:49am
Heard the demos! I definitely like them and like you said, it can be summed up in three precise words; " DBAs on steroids".
Just got my friend's JH5s for SGD$250! Gonna email JH if they can do a refit of the JH5 to my ear, so that i can retain the warranty. It still has about 17 months of warranty!post #835 of 10598/14/11 at 8:01am
Having a slight glint of hope as my friend refitted his JH13 about 70 days after receiving them... he had to pay though. Initially the fit was good but he said the left canal seemed abit loose. After some time i guess he just couldn't take it i guess. So yeah still hoping >.< If not i'll just go with UM or Gcustoms. Both reshells for below $200.post #836 of 10598/14/11 at 10:34amJh Audio will just do redits for the original costumers, like we said before. I just don,t like reshels, because I won't know if I'm getting the full potencial and original sound off the reshelled JH5. Thats my opinion, but I hope you get the best sound from your new custom.post #837 of 10598/15/11 at 5:04am
Well.. i could ask my friend to use his name to send my impressions over. So yeah it'll be from the "original" customer. Why won't they retain the warranty though? Still awaiting their reply..post #838 of 10598/15/11 at 7:19amQuote:
I think it will be very clear that the impressions is from a different person,and they will not except it, as far as I know. JH AUDIO will not retain the warrant if you use a company to reshel the JH5 like UM, because you are violating the warranty.
post #839 of 10598/15/11 at 9:19ampost #840 of 10598/17/11 at 10:23pm
"HeadphoneAddict, I recall somewhere that the Westone 4 was supposed to be the universal version of the ES5 but I can't recall where. Are they similar enough where you can call the Westone 4 that?" - rawrster
"The W4 sound a little smoother than the UM3X which I still love. And they have a little bigger soundstage vs the UM3X, like the ES5 do over the ES3X. It's not as deep as the W3 which can seem slightly recessed with some tips or amps, nor is it as forward and on-stage as the UM3X. And the W4 seems to do a better job of surrounding you with music, like the ES5. They tell me that they spent a lot of time working on maintaining good phase alignment between the drivers (or timing, whatever), which helps with good instrument placement on the mini-stage, while the air and ambience of the room or hall surrounds you. It does seem that they were shooting for the ES5 sound in a universal IEM. " - headphoneaddict
those are probably the things i read that lead me to believe that...
anyhow, how does everyone here find the JH5 for picking apart music? I realize that instrumental separation isn't going to be nearly as good as the UM3X and Westone 4, but is it still above average?
and also, how is detail in the highest of highs and lowest of lows on the JH5, am I going to feel underwhelmed going from a 4 driver iem to a 2 driver?Quote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
Where did you read that? I've only read a few people who didn't know what they were talking about 'hope the W4 is a universal ES5'. Westone has never said that and I've never read that from anyone worth the salt. That's just completely false and should not be spread around. Listen to an ES5 demo and a W4 and hear the difference.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 30 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables Silver Poison for Sennheiser HD 650 / 600 / 580 (and... 2 minutes ago
- › where to get 3,5mm Jack plug 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)