Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 52

post #766 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




Interesting.  What other phones would you equate the JH5s detail retrieval to?

 


 

Just in terms of detail retrieval, perhaps SE535.  Good but certainly not best in class.   I thought my W3 had better detail.  While JH5 is aggressive and punchy it is also a little bit unrefined sounding to these ears.  Still good for the price and it is a 2-driver entry level custom but my opnion could be skewed by owning the JH13 as well which is light years ahead in terms of transparency, detail and overall refinement.  Yes, I DO find it a $600 difference.
 

 

post #767 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

 

Just in terms of detail retrieval, perhaps SE535.  Good but certainly not best in class.   I thought my W3 had better detail.  While JH5 is aggressive and punchy it is also a little bit unrefined sounding to these ears.  Still good for the price and it is a 2-driver entry level custom but my opnion could be skewed by owning the JH13 as well which is light years ahead in terms of transparency, detail and overall refinement.  Yes, I DO find it a $600 difference.


Cool thanks for that.  Clears a few things up.  

 

post #768 of 1056

I find JH5 pretty equal or just slightly better to the other top universals (excluding W4 since I haven't heard) but, of course, the custom fit is awesome.

I find JH13 clearly (pun intended) in a different class.

post #769 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

I find JH5 pretty equal or just slightly better to the other top universals (excluding W4 since I haven't heard) but, of course, the custom fit is awesome.

I find JH13 clearly (pun intended) in a different class.


That's how I felt going from W4 to ES5.

 

post #770 of 1056

Anaxilus, would you say these are sufficient for parkway drive? I think it was you who tried to explain to me what kind of IEM I needed for them to sound good, Cheers.

post #771 of 1056

Hey all been lurking the site for a few weeks looking for the best entry level custom at around the $400 range and 2 days ago took the dive and ordered my own set of JH 5 Pros. I'm excited and keep checking the Fed Ex website to see when my impressions are gonna arrive to Florida and I'm hoping the turnaround is gonna be fast once the arrive. Just a quick question about how the JH5s compare to the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers. Those and the regular Monster Turbines are the only other IEM I have right now. Thanks for any input you guys could give.

post #772 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by matto View Post

Anaxilus, would you say these are sufficient for parkway drive? I think it was you who tried to explain to me what kind of IEM I needed for them to sound good, Cheers.


I haven't heard the JH5 but I know folks that have upgraded from DBA's to JH5s love them.  I have no reason to doubt they will have the speed and separation to the deal w/ Parkway Drive.  If anyone can chime in on the Bass presentation filling in the low end I would say yes.  With my setup the DBA's work great for me so the JH5 should be a step up.  Take that as someone who hasn't heard the JH5 but has talked to people via PM about them and other phones.    

 

post #773 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




I haven't heard the JH5 but I know folks that have upgraded from DBA's to JH5s love them.  I have no reason to doubt they will have the speed and separation to the deal w/ Parkway Drive.  If anyone can chime in on the Bass presentation filling in the low end I would say yes.  With my setup the DBA's work great for me so the JH5 should be a step up.  Take that as someone who hasn't heard the JH5 but has talked to people via PM about them and other phones.    

 



Ahh okay, I'm really interested but at the same time am wondering if it's better to just buy a second hand custom and get it remolded, i.e. that JH11 that's going for $430 shipped worldwide.

 

post #774 of 1056

very nice.

i especially like the carbon fiber box.

if not for the hefty price tag, i'll probably get one.

post #775 of 1056
So, after some looking around in the sub-$400 category I've more or less decided to get a pair of JH5s. I'm really looking forward to that custom fit. Just one slight worry though; hissing. I plan on using them with a Fiio E7 as well as straight from an iPhone 4. Has anyone on here tried these combinations (especially the E7)?
post #776 of 1056

How do the JH5pro compare to the GR07 in terms of signature and overall presentation?  Are they more similar than different?

post #777 of 1056

cliffroyroycole.. thanks for your input.. I appreciate it!

post #778 of 1056

Finally picked these up today. So far they sound great. A lot fuller than I had expected. The fit seems to be good and they keep the seal when I move my jaw around. The left one is a bit loser, but it doesn't seem to affect the sound as far as I've been able to tell after a few hours of listening.

 

IMG_1025.JPG

post #779 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney View Post

Finally picked these up today. So far they sound great. A lot fuller than I had expected. The fit seems to be good and they keep the seal when I move my jaw around. The left one is a bit loser, but it doesn't seem to affect the sound as far as I've been able to tell after a few hours of listening.

 

IMG_1025.JPG


Those look gorgeous! What color did you choose?

 

And you might want to give it a week to see if the fit "settles" in after a while. I know it took even a few weeks after I got my perfect fitting JH16's for them to feel just perfect in my ears.

post #780 of 1056

Thanks! The color is Carolina Blue.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread