On the JHAudio facebook page there are photo galleries of completed orders. They have some very NICE teal colors. I think the one I liked best was called SRV Teal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No) Last post on 3/22/12 at 2:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sell me on IEM's, bad live experiences Last post on 3/15/11 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 vs. JH5 PRO Last post on 9/6/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 10501/17/11 at 6:45pmpost #753 of 10501/18/11 at 9:58am
I sent them back to the shop for a refitting, and now they fit great. Only on the biggest of grins do they unseal, but meh, I can definitely live with that.
Probably the only thing I can think annoying isn't really the headphone's fault, well one of them is kind of the result of the headphone. I'm using a sony player, and there is quite a bit of hiss... gets kind of annoying (anyone out there know/recommend a portable player that has little hiss? How's the J3 and clip+ do in this department?). Other problem is the earwax problem.
It's like, the headphones WANT you to wear them, because if you don't, the earwax will build up again, and the next time you put the headphones in.... blech (that's what happened to me -- jh5's in the shop = not wearing them, and when I get them back, I thought ahead to clean out my ear a bit...). So pretty much, get them, and wear them, otherwise 1) you'll miss the sound, and 2) have fun cleaning the build-up of earwax. :D
Hope that helps.
-Swillypost #754 of 10502/13/11 at 10:21am
Hello JH5 owners, I have a a quick question that I am hoping you may be able to answer.
The one thing that has always sort of "bugged" me about IEM's, is the in-head soundstage. When I listen to my D2000's, and when I had HD600's, the out of ear acoustics make a WORLD of difference to me. The realism and head stage is absolutely on another level than IEM's. I do not expect the JH5 to be so good that they will sound like headphones, in fact I expect them to excel more in revealing small details.
I would really like to know how people would describe the sound stage compared to full size cans. If I already like full size cans so much more than IEMs, I can't really seem to justify spending twice as much on a pair of customs than my current universals.
Do most of you use your JH5's as your primary listening equipment, or do you use them just for portable use when you are away from your full-size headphones? How do they compare?post #755 of 10502/13/11 at 12:20pm
I find the JH5 to have a fairly compact soundstage. It is quite upfront and in your face and everything sounds quite close to you so, yes, I see your concern and it takes some getting use to. Having said that, I think it is done quite well and there seems to be proper space between instruments around the whole sound.post #756 of 10502/13/11 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spyro
I find the JH5 to have a fairly compact soundstage. It is quite upfront and in your face and everything sounds quite close to you so, yes, I see your concern and it takes some getting use to. Having said that, I think it is done quite well and there seems to be proper space between instruments around the whole sound.
Have to agree with Spyro here, the JH5 soundstage is very intimate and makes the music feel like a "personal" performance. The sound isn't that "out of your head" if that is what your going for. That said however, the soundstage is spread out enough that you can still detect the location of specific instruments and vocals and get a nice sense of positioning for these things. If a large soundstage is really a big factor for you though, the JH5's might not be your best choice.post #757 of 10502/13/11 at 2:26pmpost #758 of 10502/13/11 at 3:14pmQuote:
I definitely agree with this, however, some seem more directional than others. I am wondering if I would actually be quite pleased with the JH5 based on the fact that their presentation is very up front and intimate.
Does the fact that everything sounds so close to you make everything seem "bigger" ?? One thing that I love about the IE8, is that their sound is so BIG. It's as if everything is magnified 2x compared to all other IEM's, approaching the size of full size cans, but not quite.
After thinking a bit, I am realizing that a huge sound stage isn't what I'm after, but rather a huge SOUND. If everything sounds very close and big, the JH5 may actually make me quite happy.post #759 of 10502/13/11 at 3:29pm
I disagree. I do not know how they do it but you can create a huge soundstage in an IEM. If you can distinguish a characteristic of "sitting in the studio with the band" (ER4P) versus "sitting 15 rows back" (W3) it is relevant.post #760 of 10502/13/11 at 6:48pm
I use the JH5's as my main headphones, as my only headphones infact.
I used to have the DT880 + WA6 setup, which I sold since I needed portability. (College)
The JH5's have great sound stage for IEM's, within its price range. It's not as big as the DT880 or the Audio Technica one's I had earlier, (AD700/AD900) or even the K701, but for IEM's, it's really really good. You can easily differentiate the position of the instruments, and while gaming I can easily make out left/right etc.
I'm saving up for the JH16/ES5/Miracle, which should have a bigger sound stage. Some have even compared the JH13 sound stage to the HD800. :Opost #761 of 10502/14/11 at 5:35pm
Hey boys I'm back after a hiatus from this site for I don't know how long (nor what for!).
I didn't have to get a refit... upon playing drums to a cd with these on I used the high hat as a great seal indicator and realized when twisting the IEM's all the way back to insert, after that my left one needs to be tilted slightly forward (as if you're taking it out, but very little) and my seal is perfect. Learn something new every day.post #762 of 10502/17/11 at 11:48pm
Does anyone listen to classical music with the JH5? I assume that their isolation makes classical sound significantly better than with universals, but I am curious how their sound signature presents it.post #763 of 10503/8/11 at 5:55pm
Can anyone compare these to some top universals with regard to listening to say trance techno or other hard hitting EDM? Wondering how these customs stack up to certain universals IE Turbine Golds that sort of thing.
Would love any feedback on JH-5's with regard to trance really. Thank you.post #764 of 10503/9/11 at 7:24pmQuote:
No, I don't think that would be a good match. The JH5 is quite aggressive and robust sounding. Good clarity but not necessarily great detail. Soundstage is somewhat small. JH13 a much better choice if you can afford it.
post #765 of 10503/9/11 at 7:27pmQuote:
Interesting. What other phones would you equate the JH5s detail retrieval to?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 3 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver) 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude