On the JHAudio facebook page there are photo galleries of completed orders. They have some very NICE teal colors. I think the one I liked best was called SRV Teal.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JHA consumer experience thread (Positive=Yes, Negative=No) Last post on 3/22/12 at 2:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sell me on IEM's, bad live experiences Last post on 3/15/11 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 vs. JH5 PRO Last post on 9/6/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #752 of 10491/17/11 at 6:45pmpost #753 of 10491/18/11 at 9:58am
I sent them back to the shop for a refitting, and now they fit great. Only on the biggest of grins do they unseal, but meh, I can definitely live with that.
Probably the only thing I can think annoying isn't really the headphone's fault, well one of them is kind of the result of the headphone. I'm using a sony player, and there is quite a bit of hiss... gets kind of annoying (anyone out there know/recommend a portable player that has little hiss? How's the J3 and clip+ do in this department?). Other problem is the earwax problem.
It's like, the headphones WANT you to wear them, because if you don't, the earwax will build up again, and the next time you put the headphones in.... blech (that's what happened to me -- jh5's in the shop = not wearing them, and when I get them back, I thought ahead to clean out my ear a bit...). So pretty much, get them, and wear them, otherwise 1) you'll miss the sound, and 2) have fun cleaning the build-up of earwax. :D
Hope that helps.
-Swillypost #754 of 10492/13/11 at 10:21am
Hello JH5 owners, I have a a quick question that I am hoping you may be able to answer.
The one thing that has always sort of "bugged" me about IEM's, is the in-head soundstage. When I listen to my D2000's, and when I had HD600's, the out of ear acoustics make a WORLD of difference to me. The realism and head stage is absolutely on another level than IEM's. I do not expect the JH5 to be so good that they will sound like headphones, in fact I expect them to excel more in revealing small details.
I would really like to know how people would describe the sound stage compared to full size cans. If I already like full size cans so much more than IEMs, I can't really seem to justify spending twice as much on a pair of customs than my current universals.
Do most of you use your JH5's as your primary listening equipment, or do you use them just for portable use when you are away from your full-size headphones? How do they compare?post #755 of 10492/13/11 at 12:20pm
I find the JH5 to have a fairly compact soundstage. It is quite upfront and in your face and everything sounds quite close to you so, yes, I see your concern and it takes some getting use to. Having said that, I think it is done quite well and there seems to be proper space between instruments around the whole sound.post #756 of 10492/13/11 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spyro
I find the JH5 to have a fairly compact soundstage. It is quite upfront and in your face and everything sounds quite close to you so, yes, I see your concern and it takes some getting use to. Having said that, I think it is done quite well and there seems to be proper space between instruments around the whole sound.
Have to agree with Spyro here, the JH5 soundstage is very intimate and makes the music feel like a "personal" performance. The sound isn't that "out of your head" if that is what your going for. That said however, the soundstage is spread out enough that you can still detect the location of specific instruments and vocals and get a nice sense of positioning for these things. If a large soundstage is really a big factor for you though, the JH5's might not be your best choice.post #757 of 10492/13/11 at 2:26pmpost #758 of 10492/13/11 at 3:14pmQuote:
I definitely agree with this, however, some seem more directional than others. I am wondering if I would actually be quite pleased with the JH5 based on the fact that their presentation is very up front and intimate.
Does the fact that everything sounds so close to you make everything seem "bigger" ?? One thing that I love about the IE8, is that their sound is so BIG. It's as if everything is magnified 2x compared to all other IEM's, approaching the size of full size cans, but not quite.
After thinking a bit, I am realizing that a huge sound stage isn't what I'm after, but rather a huge SOUND. If everything sounds very close and big, the JH5 may actually make me quite happy.post #759 of 10492/13/11 at 3:29pm
I disagree. I do not know how they do it but you can create a huge soundstage in an IEM. If you can distinguish a characteristic of "sitting in the studio with the band" (ER4P) versus "sitting 15 rows back" (W3) it is relevant.post #760 of 10492/13/11 at 6:48pm
I use the JH5's as my main headphones, as my only headphones infact.
I used to have the DT880 + WA6 setup, which I sold since I needed portability. (College)
The JH5's have great sound stage for IEM's, within its price range. It's not as big as the DT880 or the Audio Technica one's I had earlier, (AD700/AD900) or even the K701, but for IEM's, it's really really good. You can easily differentiate the position of the instruments, and while gaming I can easily make out left/right etc.
I'm saving up for the JH16/ES5/Miracle, which should have a bigger sound stage. Some have even compared the JH13 sound stage to the HD800. :Opost #761 of 10492/14/11 at 5:35pm
Hey boys I'm back after a hiatus from this site for I don't know how long (nor what for!).
I didn't have to get a refit... upon playing drums to a cd with these on I used the high hat as a great seal indicator and realized when twisting the IEM's all the way back to insert, after that my left one needs to be tilted slightly forward (as if you're taking it out, but very little) and my seal is perfect. Learn something new every day.post #762 of 10492/17/11 at 11:48pm
Does anyone listen to classical music with the JH5? I assume that their isolation makes classical sound significantly better than with universals, but I am curious how their sound signature presents it.post #763 of 10493/8/11 at 5:55pm
Can anyone compare these to some top universals with regard to listening to say trance techno or other hard hitting EDM? Wondering how these customs stack up to certain universals IE Turbine Golds that sort of thing.
Would love any feedback on JH-5's with regard to trance really. Thank you.post #764 of 10493/9/11 at 7:24pmQuote:
No, I don't think that would be a good match. The JH5 is quite aggressive and robust sounding. Good clarity but not necessarily great detail. Soundstage is somewhat small. JH13 a much better choice if you can afford it.
post #765 of 10493/9/11 at 7:27pmQuote:
Interesting. What other phones would you equate the JH5s detail retrieval to?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 41 seconds ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for all around iems 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital