Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 6

post #76 of 1050
All of my well fitting high end customs and one of my two Livewires isolate as well as (or more than) some universal IEM with foam tips (Shure black foam isolate more than Complys). They isolate enough to shoot with them in place of shooting muffs, and isolate much more than cheap foam shooting plugs.

But I do have a couple of looser fitting customs (Freq Show and one Livewires) that will seal but the seal can break more easily, and those don't isolate nearly as well as an ER6i or SE530 with Shure black foam tips. So I think a lot of that depends on the fit and not just the materials of the custom IEM.
post #77 of 1050
Thread Starter 
PVC foam earplugs should give about 29db of noise reduction. I do not think the hard acrylic provide quite as much to me. Mine seal very well as I get kind of a vacuum type seal.
Really it is not a big enough difference to be concerned about though.
post #78 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
Yes that is normal. if you can sort of hear outside noise when you have them in without music. That's perfectly normal. But excessive means that you aren't get the right fit.
how do I know if it is excessive, ? when i shift my mouth side to side they still move a tiny bit, normal?
post #79 of 1050
I need some help deciding what to do....

So right now I have the JH5's, this is the 3rd time that I have gotten them back, each time some fit has been adjusted.

1st time: color wrong stems too long
2nd time: color still wrong (oh well) seal off , add more to stem
3rd time: just got them back, i think the seal is still off and I can kind of move them around a bit still, they are very easy to pop out of my ear (not sure if that is normal), at this point i'm kind of frustrated and not sure what to do. My 30 days are running out, if not already ran out (not fully sure). I think I can get 1 more adjustment, what should I do?? I don't have the money for new impressions at the moment..

Here is the thing, I remember that when the stems were really long, the seal was decent and they isolated A LOT. then they cut the stems and then the isolation was thrown off a bit so I asked them to add material to the stems, that is where I am at now. Also shifting my mouth side to side, I can feel them moving and or hear them....

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

p.s. sound wise they sound pretty good, but i can't be fully sure because I don't have a "perfect" seal. also, I remember that when the seal is too tight you can't hear it normally... does anyone know what i'm saying haha?
post #80 of 1050
regular movements of the jaw ans smiling shouldn't pop out the monitor. Of course you will feel them move, as they are a foreign object to your ear canals. So when you smile, you should have a bit of pressure on your canals as the monitors push against the walls, but if it starts to hurt there's something wrong.

When you have both monitors in, snap a couple times about a foot away from both your ears. You should be able to hear the snaps, but it should be fairly quiet. Kind of like the snap are whispered into your ear rather than heard.
post #81 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
regular movements of the jaw ans smiling shouldn't pop out the monitor. Of course you will feel them move, as they are a foreign object to your ear canals. So when you smile, you should have a bit of pressure on your canals as the monitors push against the walls, but if it starts to hurt there's something wrong.

When you have both monitors in, snap a couple times about a foot away from both your ears. You should be able to hear the snaps, but it should be fairly quiet. Kind of like the snap are whispered into your ear rather than heard.
Agreed. Feeling them move is natural, making those movements shifts your ears around and rubs against the IEMs. Popping out is another thing altogether.

I only lose seal in one side when I do really odd things or open my mouth as wide as I can possibly stand, and just for that instant, as soon as I go back to any kind of relatively normal singing, whatever they are instantly sealed again. Has never been an issue for me, and I rely on these things as my only monitor/way to hear my voice, my guitar, and the rest of the band. I think you may be seeking the perfect, ideal picture painted by many of the reviewers that suffer from "uber-adjectivation".
post #82 of 1050
Based on what I have posted, should i tweak the current mold I have now>>? or attempt another impression and start over.. ugg????
post #83 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
Based on what I have posted, should i tweak the current mold I have now>>? or attempt another impression and start over.. ugg????
If I were you I'd make a visit to the audiologist that did the impressions, and show them your monitors and how they fit. Then ask if they think you need another set of impressions or what kind of adjustments need to be made.
post #84 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by barleyguy View Post
If I were you I'd make a visit to the audiologist that did the impressions, and show them your monitors and how they fit. Then ask if they think you need another set of impressions or what kind of adjustments need to be made.
I currently can't visit the audiologist I went to, I am in school.

I went on my birthday to this one audiologist, and I guess he wasn't there so they directed me to this guy at costco that used to work there, he did the impressions for free with foam dams, blah blah, but the mouth piece wasn't a normal one, it was a different bite block, but still worked. it went well though. so still not sure.... technically i never "paid" for impressions this time around, so I would be okay with getting them re-done. so idk... i might just do that.
post #85 of 1050
Hey guys... Are there any way of knowing how much space you can use for your custom art? Would really appreciate it if someone could post an example of what they sent.
Also, do they have transparent cables?

Just one more question. Does the 399 buck include shipping back to you?

Thanks =)
post #86 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphb View Post
Hey guys... Are there any way of knowing how much space you can use for your custom art? Would really appreciate it if someone could post an example of what they sent.
Also, do they have transparent cables?

Just one more question. Does the 399 buck include shipping back to you?

Thanks =)
The area to do artwork varies depending on an individuals ear, just send them the artwork and they will size to fit it on there. If it really doesn't work, i'm sure they'll email you.

They have a silver/transparent cable which is silver on the inside while the insulation is clear.

The $399 does not include shipping.
post #87 of 1050
Thanks alot!
post #88 of 1050
interesting reading this thread, it seems like many of you are having fitting issues with the 5's

im still considering these though! but i would hate to keep shipping back and forth from Hong Kong better be worth it lol
post #89 of 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by jussssss View Post
interesting reading this thread, it seems like many of you are having fitting issues with the 5's

im still considering these though! but i would hate to keep shipping back and forth from Hong Kong better be worth it lol
well i have to say that this is also because of the buyer also, if you can't get decent impressions your monitors are going to come out pretty horrible in fit. There's also many here that are inexperienced in owning customs so they aren't sure how customs are suppose to feel.

i wouldn't worry, Jerry's been doing this for a very long time he's also using a staff that he's used since the longest time. So it most likely isn't their problem on the fit =) feel free to buy them, you can't really get any cheaper with Dual driver customs with a high reputation company.
post #90 of 1050
Okay guys, so i'm looking to get impressions RE-DONE, and the first place I called said that they can do them for $20. Should i be discouraged or encouraged by that low price???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread