Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 11

post #151 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post
status update for me on monday was "impressions received"... looks like i've got a solid 1.5-2 weeks waiting ahead of me.
My experience was <1 week, though Brittany quoted 1.5-2 weeks. So, you might just get yours early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
Ok so here is an update with what is going to happen.

I sent my new impressions in, and request a new color for the remold. This is my last chance to get these right. I have no more refits after this so I am really hoping that this works out. JH audio has been working with me very closely and it has been a special case. I have really enjoyed the customer service and flexibility of JH audio.

I'll let you guys know what happens!
It's good that JH is working closely with you and provided good customer service.
I emailed Jaime twice and Brittany once regarding my right side problem, but still have not received reply. Maybe it is because I am not in US. Don't get me wrong. JH team has been good with customer service... not excellent, but good. I sent back my JH5 on Monday via snail mail, so will take 1.5-2weeks before reaching US. Hope Jaime or Brittany would reply by then.

I'm really unlucky?? I don't get reply from John Diles @ Livewires, and I don't get reply from JH (after I state my problem). User fault? I don't think so.
post #152 of 1056
Send jerry the email, they all seem to get the email that way.

I haven't had much issue in email replies so far.
post #153 of 1056
I've had no issue with emails...have received replies quickly. Perhaps try sending the email from a different account or on another ISP if you're having issues.
post #154 of 1056
I emailed Brittany once and she never replied. But when I emailed the customer service email they were really quick (and still are), also had a SQ question sent to Harvey and he was fast too.
post #155 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
It's good that JH is working closely with you and provided good customer service.
I emailed Jaime twice and Brittany once regarding my right side problem, but still have not received reply. Maybe it is because I am not in US. Don't get me wrong. JH team has been good with customer service... not excellent, but good. I sent back my JH5 on Monday via snail mail, so will take 1.5-2weeks before reaching US. Hope Jaime or Brittany would reply by then.

I'm really unlucky?? I don't get reply from John Diles @ Livewires, and I don't get reply from JH (after I state my problem). User fault? I don't think so.
Yeah they aren't the best at responding to emails, I guess it just depends. The only email I got at first was the order form, then I asked some questions but no reply. No it has nothing to do with not being in the U.S. yeah they are good, as you said but not excellent. Hopefully you get a reply..Yeah don't blame yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post
Send jerry the email, they all seem to get the email that way.

I haven't had much issue in email replies so far.
I've done this but it never worked until later that I received an email.
post #156 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluzion View Post
Yeah they aren't the best at responding to emails, I guess it just depends. The only email I got at first was the order form, then I asked some questions but no reply. No it has nothing to do with not being in the U.S. yeah they are good, as you said but not excellent. Hopefully you get a reply..Yeah don't blame yourself.

I've done this but it never worked until later that I received an email.
I agree with Elluzion. My experience is the same as his. I got quick replies from Brittany for (1) when I asked about how to order, since previously JH's website stated the ordering step was to email Brittany; (2) when I informed Brittany about my impression posting and asked about the leadtime; (3) when I asked about the delivery confirmation; and also quick replies from Jaime for (4) providing tracking number; (5) confirming that my unit was indeed shipped earlier; (6) advising me to try to listen more hours before confirming fitting issue and returning the unit.
After that, no more replies. Don't get me wrong. I not only think but also believe that JH's team is good in customer service. Just not excellent. It's not really a complaint from me, but more like checking if there were others that is in the same shoes as mine. At least Elluzion confirms that I am not alone.
post #157 of 1056
.
post #158 of 1056
I am looking to get some customs, but honestly I am kind of weary about JH Audio. It's pretty much unanimous that the SQ is better than the UE4c and UE5c, but all this talk about communication issues don't sit well with me. They're a small company, right? How do you all feel about the longevity of the company? I wouldn't want to buy my first set of customs from a someone, and then have some issues with making warranty claims because it's out of business, etc.

Thoughts?
post #159 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
I am looking to get some customs, but honestly I am kind of weary about JH Audio. It's pretty much unanimous that the SQ is better than the UE4c and UE5c, but all this talk about communication issues don't sit well with me. They're a small company, right? How do you all feel about the longevity of the company? I wouldn't want to buy my first set of customs from a someone, and then have some issues with making warranty claims because it's out of business, etc.

Thoughts?
I can't vouch for the company but I don't think JH will be out of business. The JH|13Pro thread is quite active, so you might want to check for others' opinion.

Fitting is a "known" issue with customs since a lot of things can create issue, right from impression making till the actual unit is made.

So for me, I'm dealing with fitting issue now, which I presume will be the same for every company offering customs.
post #160 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post
I am looking to get some customs, but honestly I am kind of weary about JH Audio. It's pretty much unanimous that the SQ is better than the UE4c and UE5c, but all this talk about communication issues don't sit well with me. They're a small company, right? How do you all feel about the longevity of the company? I wouldn't want to buy my first set of customs from a someone, and then have some issues with making warranty claims because it's out of business, etc.

Thoughts?
You've got nothing to worry about. JH Audio will not be anywhere close to be out of business in the next ten years. They've sold over thousands of pairs of JH13, equaling to over millions of dollars JUST from one model. Jerry's been in the business for the longest time, and he's managed to make Ultimate Ears survive till today from his work of developing a lab with all the money he had with the company. So...not worried with them going out of business. But what they DO need is more representatives and a more sophisticated customer service program. They respond to everything PRIOR to you receiving your monitors, then sort of drop you off in the middle of no where. Prior to receiving monitors, the responses are typically from one to two days, after though it's usually one to two weeks maybe more.
post #161 of 1056
Update: I will receive my customs on Monday, they shipped out today (Wednesday). Crossing my fingers that these work because otherwise i'm out of luck!

-El
post #162 of 1056
GOOD LUCK! WISH ALL IS WELL!
post #163 of 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
I can't vouch for the company but I don't think JH will be out of business. The JH|13Pro thread is quite active, so you might want to check for others' opinion.

Fitting is a "known" issue with customs since a lot of things can create issue, right from impression making till the actual unit is made.

So for me, I'm dealing with fitting issue now, which I presume will be the same for every company offering customs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
You've got nothing to worry about. JH Audio will not be anywhere close to be out of business in the next ten years. They've sold over thousands of pairs of JH13, equaling to over millions of dollars JUST from one model. Jerry's been in the business for the longest time, and he's managed to make Ultimate Ears survive till today from his work of developing a lab with all the money he had with the company. So...not worried with them going out of business. But what they DO need is more representatives and a more sophisticated customer service program. They respond to everything PRIOR to you receiving your monitors, then sort of drop you off in the middle of no where. Prior to receiving monitors, the responses are typically from one to two days, after though it's usually one to two weeks maybe more.
Thanks for the info, it makes me feel more at ease. What I don't like is how they respond to you before they get your money but from what I've heard in this thread, they forget about you after they have your money if you have any issues?
post #164 of 1056
i don't like it either...they still haven't responded to my email since two weeks ago....
post #165 of 1056
they've responded to mine relatively promptly, and i've already sent them my money. I should have them by friday/saturday, which would be exactly 2 weeks since they received my impressions. not bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread