Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread - Page 9

post #121 of 1059
Ouch! i hope it works out this time!

I went for a rather generic, yet sleek color; translucent black. I doubt they'd get it wrong, because i sent them several images from other trans black customs they've done.

wish art wasn't a flat rate, honestly. I had this really neat flame logo, that was really simple. woulda looked epic on trans black... oh well. maybe later.
post #122 of 1059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Who wants to guess when I ordered my JH5's,,??? AUGUST 6th!!! it has been about 2 months and a week or two, isn't that crazy, and I just sent them back again... requested purple non trans shells, and this time I included a color card... hopefully it works out!
They will still be somewhat transparent though, as none of there shells are completely solid.
post #123 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post
Ouch! i hope it works out this time!

I went for a rather generic, yet sleek color; translucent black. I doubt they'd get it wrong, because i sent them several images from other trans black customs they've done.

wish art wasn't a flat rate, honestly. I had this really neat flame logo, that was really simple. woulda looked epic on trans black... oh well. maybe later.
I was planning clear, but trans black is the new black these days it seems... As you say, they've done a lot of trans black so it should be second nature to them...
post #124 of 1059
I sent back mine... the fit on the right is not that good, as it is sitting a out of the ear as compared to the left. Of course, by comparison there is always difference, but it is way out and if I put some pressure on the right, it is hurting my ears...
However, for the left, even when I apply stronger pressure than to the right, it is still not painful.
LL
LL
post #125 of 1059
Since I'm in Singapore, has anyone returned to JH out of US, and still JH covered the return shipping fees?
post #126 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
Since I'm in Singapore, has anyone returned to JH out of US, and still JH covered the return shipping fees?
They cover shipping fee for refits, or else what's the point?
post #127 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
They cover shipping fee for refits, or else what's the point?
The thing is international shipment is $75, so it might be over their cost... so instead of making $, it's a loss.
post #128 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
The thing is international shipment is $75, so it might be over their cost... so instead of making $, it's a loss.
Well it's also a lost for the customer if they can't get a proper product because of their fault right? I'm sure they can solve the problem =)
post #129 of 1059
Can anyone educate me on the "hidden costs" of getting customs? Aside from the product price, what other factors should I be looking out for? The JH5 is looking pretty good if the "extras" won't be so high...
post #130 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsev View Post
Can anyone educate me on the "hidden costs" of getting customs? Aside from the product price, what other factors should I be looking out for? The JH5 is looking pretty good if the "extras" won't be so high...
Shipping and Impressions. Shipping depending where you are, like say somewhere in Asia or Europe would probably cost you about $50-$70. Impressions cost anywhere from $20 - $150, you've just got to look around for the cheapest price. Brokerage/Custom Fees is another issue, if UPS really likes to charge Custom Fees in your country, then depending on how much jerry marked your package. It could be up to $50 USD (he usually marks them pretty low)
post #131 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
Shipping and Impressions. Shipping depending where you are, like say somewhere in Asia or Europe would probably cost you about $50-$70. Impressions cost anywhere from $20 - $150, you've just got to look around for the cheapest price. Brokerage/Custom Fees is another issue, if UPS really likes to charge Custom Fees in your country, then depending on how much jerry marked your package. It could be up to $50 USD (he usually marks them pretty low)
So it could be about $100 over the given price? Hmm. Rules out the JH5 for me at this point in time then.
post #132 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsev View Post
So it could be about $100 over the given price? Hmm. Rules out the JH5 for me at this point in time then.
Yes, it could in fact easily go over $100 if you can't find a decent audiologist that charges a cheap price for impressions
post #133 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by migsev View Post
Can anyone educate me on the "hidden costs" of getting customs? Aside from the product price, what other factors should I be looking out for? The JH5 is looking pretty good if the "extras" won't be so high...
JH charges US$75 for international shipment.. mine was UPS. JH will provide you the tracking number, but I got my tracking number <1day before it reached my hands. It was shipped earlier but I didn't get the tracking number.

Impression should be cheap in Makati, unless I am wrong.

Then, there is custom clearances charges (goods and services tax, if Philippines charges them).
post #134 of 1059
whats the shipping for Canada.

UPS is horrible for international shipments. Is there a united states parcel option. It's only $5 for brokerage tops.


So i got my impressions last year, but was unable to buy any customs because of lack of money. Question, I have small ears which the audiologist commented on; can custom iems be made for very small ears?

Next, how quickly can they get the customs made? Is ultimate ears faster?
post #135 of 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by salient2k View Post
JH charges US$75 for international shipment.. mine was UPS. JH will provide you the tracking number, but I got my tracking number <1day before it reached my hands. It was shipped earlier but I didn't get the tracking number.

Impression should be cheap in Makati, unless I am wrong.

Then, there is custom clearances charges (goods and services tax, if Philippines charges them).
I wouldn't even know where to go for impressions. Don't think they're within my reach this year. Maybe in 2010...

Btw, what color did you pick for yours? Thats a nice shade of red.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread