or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earbuds Round-Up - Page 39

post #571 of 14877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

This is what worries me about some of Dasetn's designs: when he decides to release a DIY mod version of established maker's earbud models. He should not have done a straight mod of the Sennheiser MX760. I love my MX1 and have no doubt that the MX760 sound great, but he should have continued with the generic housing of the MX1 (although that was originally also a Sennheiser design - for the MX400 model). I mean, I don't want Dasetn to be sued by a established company when he's got a real talent for making good sounding earbuds...


 

He did recable the MX760 to the proper length, but left the "MX760" part on it.

The housing does have "Sennheiser" on it, but he is very clear that this is not the original Sennheiser product.

Technically, you can buy a Ford car, mod it and sell it for higher price - it's not illegal, even if you leave the "Ford" trademark on it.

 

He is too small to be sued.

Go to taobao and see how many Sennheiser fakes are there.

Even on Amazon.com people complain of getting fake IE80.

post #572 of 14877

Well, I do hope that Dasetn doesn't get in any trouble. Still, I think his products could reach a bigger audience if he went with generic housings instead of re-using those of well known brands (especially with the brand name still on them!).

This guy's got some talent for making good sounding earbuds with great detail and an expansive soundstage, and with more resources he could compete with Blox.

post #573 of 14877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

Well, I do hope that Dasetn doesn't get in any trouble. Still, I think his products could reach a bigger audience if he went with generic housings instead of re-using those of well known brands (especially with the brand name still on them!).

This guy's got some talent for making good sounding earbuds with great detail and an expansive soundstage, and with more resources he could compete with Blox.


If he would concentrate on the earbuds, he could definitely outshine Blox.

MX760 is as good or better than ANV3SE, which is a great earbud that sells out very quickly at 100$.

He could make some serious money with MX760, if he prices it right.

post #574 of 14877

I don't believe that he could get in trouble, he hopefully legitimately bought the sennheiser mx760 parts somewhere, and if he uses and even highly modifies them for something else that is not illegal IMO.

 

However this Dasetn guy is a mystery, how can he charge only 20$ for hand-made earbuds with quality parts and stil make profit out of it (and even give a guarantee time to customers)??

 

@Benf: I guess you are in contact to Dasetn, do you happen to know when the mx760 or mx1 will be available?

Or does anybody else here, who has contact to him, has an idea?

 

What about a group order, so that he can estimate demand better? Count me in!

 

btw. if you google "Dasetn mx760" there is already a group order in a french forum. I don't speak french but googles translation helped a bit....

post #575 of 14877

MX1 won't be available anymore.

MX760 will be available real soon, but I don't know the exact date.

 

I don't think he'll keep the 20$ price as with MX1, MX760 is even better sounding (according to him) and can easily compete with other top earbuds.

post #576 of 14877

I'd be in for one. Time for me to try something of his. Are they gonna cost enough that we really need a group buy? Doubt it.

 

Don't know about estimating demand. He is most likely gonna make what he can based on the parts then make another model. Surprised if there is not a limited amount of 760 parts and that will be the factor that controls the production run of this particular model of his. Get them while you can :etysmile:.

post #577 of 14877

I received the Blox TM7 today and it is a really nice earbud. I did not have much time with it yet but it met my expectations and didn't dissapoint :).

A little more lower bass and punch in general would be nice but it sounds very refined, clear and has a nice soundstage.

I am looking forward to listen to it more on the weekend and maybe post some subjective impressions also compared to the sennheiser mx985 and Sony e888.  

post #578 of 14877
Quote:
Originally Posted by costas23 View Post
 

I received the Blox TM7 today and it is a really nice earbud. I did not have much time with it yet but it met my expectations and didn't dissapoint :).

A little more lower bass and punch in general would be nice but it sounds very refined, clear and has a nice soundstage.

I am looking forward to listen to it more on the weekend and maybe post some subjective impressions also compared to the sennheiser mx985 and Sony e888.  


Where did you get it from?

And are you sure it is TM7? All the M2C/ANV3/ANV3SE/TM7 look the same...

post #579 of 14877

bought it used from a fellow head-fier -> http://www.head-fi.org/t/702730/blox-tm7-rare

 

yes it should be the TM7, says so on the box and it is black, think the others are dark grey or something. Besides the seller seems very trustworthy and I believe him. I'll try to post some pictures when I'll do the comparison

post #580 of 14877

Yep, they look like my TM7 that I bought from Blox...

post #581 of 14877
My personal scores on these three Dasetn earbuds:

Dasetn+Earbuds.png




Notes:

PK3 - The PK3 DIY Mod is the clear winner for me. For $10 paid (eBay winning bid), it is an amazing earbud. I could not be happier with it.


PK2 - Looks great, but something about the sound is just not right, seems messy. HUGE Soundstage and great looks though.


AP8 - Large, heavy earbuds. Hard to get a good fit. Will fall out easy with any movement. Also gets tangled VERY easily. Sound is just average.

..
post #582 of 14877
Looks like my new M2C arrived today...can't wait to hear them and see how the "new version" stacks up.
post #583 of 14877

Very brief, first impressions...from what I recall, the original M2C was rather crisp and clean, and the soundstage was almost unnaturally wide. These are warmer, and the soundstage is less artificial, more natural. I am expecting the warmth to cool down a little with burn-in...

 

Next to my PK3 they sound more like a pair of full-size cans. The sound is richer...more reminiscent of what I recall my TM7 sounding like. I need to spend more time with them, but so far I like what I hear...


Edited by fleasbaby - 3/11/14 at 6:28am
post #584 of 14877
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyPenguin View Post

My personal scores on these three Dasetn earbuds:

Dasetn+Earbuds.png




Notes:

PK3 - The PK3 DIY Mod is the clear winner for me. For $10 paid (eBay winning bid), it is an amazing earbud. I could not be happier with it.


PK2 - Looks great, but something about the sound is just not right, seems messy. HUGE Soundstage and great looks though.


AP8 - Large, heavy earbuds. Hard to get a good fit. Will fall out easy with any movement. Also gets tangled VERY easily. Sound is just average.

..

 

I agree on the AP8....too much emphasis on durability, not enough emphasis on comfort and sound...

post #585 of 14877
Two hours in with the M2C and still liking what I hear. Switched from my decrepit old Sony MP3 player, to an iPod Touch 1G for a while, then to my Clip +...

The ever-so-slightly heavy warmth is gone now, and I am getting deep, detailed bass, and clean highs. Soundstage sounds natural and placement is great...

These definitely are an improvement over what I recall of the old M2C, and a good substitute for anyone who doesn't have the TM7 on hand.

...more to come.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: