or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earbuds Round-Up - Page 9

post #121 of 14853

I have been using the BeB for about a week now and think they are a fantastic earbud.

post #122 of 14853
Thread Starter 

BeB 328R added to the list. Check out the full review here.

post #123 of 14853

would it be a waste to buy the PK1/OK1 , as well as 150+ ohm earphones , if there's no intention to use it with a decent amp? how 'bad' will they sound?

post #124 of 14853
Thread Starter 

Don't know about OK1, but generally speaking they will still sound pretty good, just not at their best. Of course this also depends on how good the source is.

post #125 of 14853

i'm looking for a new earbud

i have the mx471 and the akg k312.

both are great. the mx471 (as the 581) is overall better

i'd like something brighter with more (or ar leasta bit more) fwd mids/vocals

faster (i need more speed) and more detail

 

any suggestions? more than one option would be better

thanks

post #126 of 14853

which one will have the best pinpoint accuracy in imaging besides the yuins?

post #127 of 14853
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

which one will have the best pinpoint accuracy in imaging besides the yuins?


Creative Aurvana Air, but not quite as easy to find now.

 

post #128 of 14853

Amazon UK has stock of the creative aurvana and actually recent the price was quite low. They probably want to get rid of the last stock.

And ebay has a pair for $70

 

WOW! i feel bad now biggrin.gif suggesting you to spend your money xD


Edited by Angelopsaro - 1/10/12 at 6:00am
post #129 of 14853
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

i'm looking for a new earbud

i have the mx471 and the akg k312.

both are great. the mx471 (as the 581) is overall better

i'd like something brighter with more (or ar leasta bit more) fwd mids/vocals

faster (i need more speed) and more detail

 

any suggestions? more than one option would be better

thanks



The Sony E888 is nice. It has so much detail and is so dynamic. There are many fakes around though, so make sure to get a real  one. I guess the Sennheiser MX880 might also be close to what you are looking for. I haven't heard it yet. I haven't heard the MX471. I don't know how much better the MX580 is. I do like the MX580 though.

 

post #130 of 14853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


Creative Aurvana Air, but not quite as easy to find now.

 


even better than on the mx980s?

 

post #131 of 14853
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post


even better than on the mx980s?

 



IIRC, MX980's soundstage isn't the best I have heard (though still quite good). Aurvana Air on the other hand has really good soundstage.

post #132 of 14853

here is what i wrote in my earbud thread: ok, i have recieved the m980s. they are ok, but they are not better than the mx580 in my opinion. they have more of a v shaped sound, while the 580s are more midcentric. the mx980 do not offer more details and that was what i was looking for. you can easily test that with micheal buble "cry me a river". just in the beginning there is a very low piano  playing in the lows and you cannot figure it out with any of the two. so i will give the aurvanas a shot. 

post #133 of 14853

The Sony E888 probably has the detail you want. It is much more detailed and much more dynamic than the MX580. The MX580 is very nice sounding considering it is just $25. I see new e888 on ebay for $50. I don't know how you tell if these are real or not.

I bought my E888 more than 10 years ago, when it was a current model in the US. It may still be a current model in parts of Asia.

 


Edited by JK1 - 1/16/12 at 12:30am
post #134 of 14853
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

The Sony E888 probably has the detail you want. It is much more detailed and much more dynamic than the MX580. The MX580 is very nice sounding considering it is just $25. I see new e888 on ebay for $50. I don't know how you tell if these are real or not.

I bought my E888 more than 10 years ago, when it was a current model in the US. It may still be a current model in parts of Asia.

 



E888 has never been discontinued, but the production has moved from Japan to other Asian countries - thus some says the current production is not quite as nice as the original Japanese version.

post #135 of 14853

How can you get a genuine one though. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: