Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) - Page 32

post #466 of 643
Name the person who sold you the pk2 so can other avoid buying fakes.
I have order it a PK1 from a serious seller from eBay.
post #467 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Name the person who sold you the pk2 so can other avoid buying fakes.
I have order it a PK1 from a serious seller from eBay.

 

This is where I bought them from: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-HIFI-YUIN-PK2-DIY-boutique-sound-quality-of-the-headphones-powerful-bass-wood-headset/854376207.html

This was already expected though. He warns the customers he is out of normal shells and is shipping shells without the Yuin symbol. He doesn't mention they say Sony though. Quoting from the seller's page:

 

 

Anyway, even if they had the Yuin symbol, they would still be built with parts from different headphones. It would be impossible to know if the drivers are actually Yuin or not, in one case or another. And in the end it really doesn't matter. What matters is the sound, which in this case I don't like, but afaik I might not either like the sound of the original PK2.

 

Also, who knows how many different drivers has Yuin been shipping in different batches of the same model? It is known that heaphones change depending on the batch even in reputable companies. Almost no one buys multiple pairs of Yuin from different batches to compare, and if they did I bet they would find differences. The cable and connector of PK3 has been changing overtime. I didn't like my 2nd PK3 as much I did like my 1st PK3. If you buy some PK3 right now there are chances you won't be getting the same sound the OP got when he reviewed the earbuds.

 

I want some Blox M2C/ANV3 :(


Edited by aristidesfl - 10/31/13 at 9:05am
post #468 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post

This is where I bought them from: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-HIFI-YUIN-PK2-DIY-boutique-sound-quality-of-the-headphones-powerful-bass-wood-headset/854376207.html
This was already expected though. He warns the customers he is out of normal shells and is shipping shells without the Yuin symbol. He doesn't mention they say Sony though. Quoting from the seller's page:




Anyway, even if they had the Yuin symbol, they would still be built with parts from different headphones. It would be impossible to know if the drivers are actually Yuin or not, in one case or another. And in the end it really doesn't matter. What matters is the sound, which in this case I don't like, but afaik I might not either like the sound of the original PK2.

Also, who knows how many different drivers has Yuin been shipping in different batches of the same model? It is known that heaphones change depending on the batch even in reputable companies. Almost no one buys multiple pairs of Yuin from different batches to compare, and if they did I bet they would find differences. The cable and connector of PK3 has been changing overtime. I didn't like my 2nd PK3 as much I did like my 1st PK3. If you buy some PK3 right now there are chances you won't be getting the same sound the OP got when he reviewed the earbuds.

I want some Blox M2C/ANV3 frown.gif
The question is how much you pay for it?is it worth your money?why do you jump to the conclusion when you did not try the original one?the pk2 is described as bass light!
post #469 of 643

I paid 7$ which is worth the chance of trying them out.

Would I buy another pair? Probably not.

Which conclusion are you talking about?

I didn't say they didn't sound like PK2, I said I didn't like the sound.

Maybe PK2 are just ****ty headphones, they are not very popular... maybe that is for a reason.

 

PS: I think I would pay 7$ just for this nice looking cable.


Edited by aristidesfl - 10/31/13 at 9:59am
post #470 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Name the person who sold you the pk2 so can other avoid buying fakes.
I have order it a PK1 from a serious seller from eBay.

 

aristidesfl knew that he did not buy real PK2. It was a pair of DIY earbuds where the drivers was supposed to be PK2 drivers. I have not yet seen "real" fakes of Yuin earbuds. Lately, there have been different DIY earbuds on E-bay for example and Yuin earbuds seem to be popular to make DIY (Do It Yourself) versions of.
I like the DIY PK2 that I bought, although they work best for calmer music than for rock, but I'm not too crazy about the DIY PK3 that I bought.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post
 

I paid 7$ which is worth the chance of trying them out.

Would I buy another pair? Probably not.

Which conclusion are you talking about?

I didn't say they didn't sound like PK2, I said I didn't like the sound.

Maybe PK2 are just ****ty headphones, they are not very popular... maybe that is for a reason.

 

PS: I think I would pay 7$ just for this nice looking cable.

 

I prefer PK2 over PK3 since they have a more neutral sound. There are however much better earbuds out there...
 

post #471 of 643

Are you guys sure that the extremely cheap Yuin DIY kits on Alibaba aren't really PK3 drivers? I mean, it would make a lot more sense especially about the price. In addition, the listed impedance for the drivers on Alibaba is 32 ohms which is the listed specs for the PK3 on Yuin's website and Amazon. It'd make more sense if they took the drivers out of a ~$30 headphone and sold it without labor just as parts for ~$7 than took the ~$50 PK2 and did that. The frequency response and ohms of the alibaba drivers and the PK3 are identical. 

post #472 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

 

 

I prefer PK2 over PK3 since they have a more neutral sound. There are however much better earbuds out there...
 

 

Which ones have more bass? PK2 or PK3?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

Are you guys sure that the extremely cheap Yuin DIY kits on Alibaba aren't really PK3 drivers? I mean, it would make a lot more sense especially about the price. In addition, the listed impedance for the drivers on Alibaba is 32 ohms which is the listed specs for the PK3 on Yuin's website and Amazon. It'd make more sense if they took the drivers out of a ~$30 headphone and sold it without labor just as parts for ~$7 than took the ~$50 PK2 and did that. The frequency response and ohms of the alibaba drivers and the PK3 are identical. 

 

I could bet the drivers on the PK3, PK2 and PK1 cost about the same to produce. The components from the factory are extremely cheap.


Edited by aristidesfl - 10/31/13 at 11:39am
post #473 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post
 

 

I could bet the drivers on the PK3, PK2 and PK1 cost about the same to produce. The components from the factory are extremely cheap.

That could be true, but that still doesn't mean that the drivers on Alibaba that have the same specs as the PK3 drivers are really PK2 drivers. It would make more sense that Alibaba sellers are just falsely advertising and hoping no one catches the specs of their products. But then again, they could have falsely advertised the specs too if they wanted to so I'm not sure why they left the PK3 specs on their listing and branded them PK2 drivers instead of just going full out and falsely advertising both the specs and the name. 

post #474 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post
 

 

Which ones have more bass? PK2 or PK3?

 

 

None of them are bass monsters. I haven't compared them for a loooooong time, but as I remember, PK3 has got more quantity and PK2 has got more quality. None of them have real bass slam or bass depth. PK3 does feel a bit more deep but with less detail/texture. PK2 has got more detail/texture. I usually prefer more detail/texture and then I can EQ bass on my MP3 player to compensate for any lack of bass...

post #475 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

 

 

None of them are bass monsters. I haven't compared them for a loooooong time, but as I remember, PK3 has got more quantity and PK2 has got more quality. None of them have real bass slam or bass depth. PK3 does feel a bit more deep but with less detail/texture. PK2 has got more detail/texture. I usually prefer more detail/texture and then I can EQ bass on my MP3 player to compensate for any lack of bass...

How would you say the bass compares with to bass quality type headphones such as the Ultrasone Pro 900 and Fostex TH600/900? I currently use the Pro 900 for most of my portable listening. 

post #476 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

How would you say the bass compares with to bass quality type headphones such as the Ultrasone Pro 900 and Fostex TH600/900? I currently use the Pro 900 for most of my portable listening.

 

I've never heard those headphones and can only compare to ATH ES10 or Sennheiser HD25, and there's no competition there. The earbuds don't stand a chance when it comes to bass. However, those headphones are probably more bass heavy than the ones you use. Still, the quality is better on both the ES10 and HD25. I suppose that IEM's also are better when it comes to bass. The great thing about earbuds is that you can get a really open sound with them.

post #477 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

 

 

None of them are bass monsters. I haven't compared them for a loooooong time, but as I remember, PK3 has got more quantity and PK2 has got more quality. None of them have real bass slam or bass depth. PK3 does feel a bit more deep but with less detail/texture. PK2 has got more detail/texture. I usually prefer more detail/texture and then I can EQ bass on my MP3 player to compensate for any lack of bass...

 

It seems like you are trying to justify the difference in price of those headphones.

post #478 of 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post
 

 

It seems like you are trying to justify the difference in price of those headphones.

 

Does it? Well, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I bought my pair of PK3 for $35 and my pair of PK2 for $55, so there wasn't that much of a difference.

 

I bought a pair of modded/DIY PK2 for around $20 from an Ebay seller and I think that sounds better than both the original PK2 and the PK3. The regular PK2 doesn't have any depth in the soundstage and the modded version improves on that. However, for some reason the modded PK2 works best with softer music than with rock. The soundstage makes acoustic and classical music sound very nice but with rock there's something that sounds a bit off.
The DIY earbud model Dasetn AP8 that I bought for around $7 sound better than all the other 3.

post #479 of 643

Which would you dub the best for classical music? With enough resolution, soundstage and bass? Thanks! :)

post #480 of 643
Definitely mx980!biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013)