Man was this a good time or what
- 732 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Seattle Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
lots of good picks here, agree with a lot of them... but there's some big absences... namely Vic Chesnutt's 'Little'!, Elliot Smith's 'Roman Candle', and Kanye's 'College Dropout'; also Richard Thompson's 'Henry the Human Fly'... my personal favs would be (without really thinking through it):
Five Leaves Left
My Aim is True
also, a mention to Blonde Redhead's first album, not my favorite by any means but very good
The #1 really surprised me?? GNR? Seriously?
[FONT=Georgia]The following are the biggest selling debut albums in United States history. The sales totals come from the RIAA list of the best selling albums which list all the albums that have been certified to have sold/shipped at least 5 million copies. So this list ends with the debut albums that are 5 million sellers.
01. 1987 - Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction - 18 million
02. 1976 - Boston - Boston - 17 million
03. 1995 - Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill - 16 million
04. 1994 - Hootie And the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View - 16 million
05. 1997 - Backstreet Boys - Backstreet Boys - 14 million
06. 1999 - Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 14 million
07. 1991 - Pearl Jam - Ten - 13 million
08. 1985 - Whitney Houston - Whitney Houston - 13 million
09. 1996 - Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Somone like you - 12 million
10. 1995 - Jewel - Pieces Of You - 12 million
With over 40 years for sales to accrue..how is Zeppelin's 1st not in Top 10?