Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1 - Page 263

post #3931 of 3967

That is the setup I have to own. The T1 and the CSP2+. That's without a doubt the coolest looking combo. As of now, I have a KICAS Caliente and a pair of AKG's.

 

Post some pics. Thanks.

post #3932 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukja View Post

@ musicman59

 

Thanks a lot for your sharing. At this level, certainly any possible match of mismatch in the chain could be the wining or losing factor.

 

I just got my T1 back again and with CSP2+, right tubes, and Ref1 I found this combo has been even better than I have ever remembered. There are not much I can ask for more at this moment. I was only curious about what ortho can offer in addition due to this "ortho rush". Maybe some improvement on bass quality. However, LCD2 may not be my cup of tea due to its tonality and soundstage. And some mentioned the T1's bass may be even snappier than the "airy" type of bass that LCD got.

 

HE-6 seems to be the likely addition based on your post. But it may not hit the point that I want to improve. More importantly, I just hate to spend valuable time digging out the optimized speaker amp for He-6, and only can be used by it with limited flexibility. On the other hand, I am glad to hear that T1 is holding well, which ease some of my curiosity. biggrin.gif



Not sure who said this, but I own both and as much as I really enjoy my T1s (had them for about 14 months now), the bass is not in the same league as the LCD-2s to my ears.

post #3933 of 3967

^^ some trustworthy sources. biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Not sure who said this, but I own both and as much as I really enjoy my T1s (had them for about 14 months now), the bass is not in the same league as the LCD-2s to my ears.



 

post #3934 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukja View Post

^^ some trustworthy sources. biggrin.gif
 



 


No doubt...I would strongly recommend you try to hear the LCD-2s. smile.gif

 

post #3935 of 3967

Yes, I was just kidding.  I will give LCD2 a listen when chances come. 

 

It seems that LCD2 need some serious "tuning", such as balanced SilverDragon and some highly synergized amp, to compete with my current system (for my taste).  A magic combo that can open up its soundstage with no hinderance on the HF information is what I need for LCD2.  I suspect that such combo exist but with a price tag that I cannot afford now.

 

And my current system are all tuned to high-Z phones and I hate to tear them apart just yet.

post #3936 of 3967

You will love the combo for sure. 

 

It just that my desktop is not presentable and I hate to ruin your appetite.  biggrin.gif

 

Skylab may have some delicious photos in his sig. (as always).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeust0999 View Post

That is the setup I have to own. The T1 and the CSP2+. That's without a doubt the coolest looking combo. As of now, I have a KICAS Caliente and a pair of AKG's.

 

Post some pics. Thanks.



 

post #3937 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukja View Post

Yes, I was just kidding.  I will give LCD2 a listen when chances come. 

 

It seems that LCD2 need some serious "tuning", such as balanced SilverDragon and some highly synergized amp, to compete with my current system (for my taste).  A magic combo that can open up its soundstage with no hinderance on the HF information is what I need for LCD2.  I suspect that such combo exist but with a price tag that I cannot afford now.

 

And my current system are all tuned to high-Z phones and I hate to tear them apart just yet.


Actually not really...of all the $1000+ headphones I've heard, none have sounded better out of a FiiO E5. The silver cable, amp is for final tuning, but they sound great plugged into just about anything to my ears. The T1s do really need a serious tube amp (preferably an OTL) to sound great.

 

post #3938 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

The silver cable....


Not-again-picard_2.jpg

post #3939 of 3967


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukja View Post

You will love the combo for sure. 

 

It just that my desktop is not presentable and I hate to ruin your appetite.  biggrin.gif

 

Skylab may have some delicious photos in his sig. (as always).
 



 


Since you have a powerful Phoenix also you may want to listen to the HE6. The HE6 I would equate to a better T1 more transparency better highs and outstanding bass. It has air, space and a very nice sound stage where e\every instrument is clearly defined in its own space. I owned the T1,HD800,LCD2 and this is the only open can I have left. With the D7000 I feel my hunting has ended. The HE6 driven with the right amp was everything I had hoped for and more. A super headphone that makes me smile all the time.

 

post #3940 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post





Not-again-picard_2.jpg


LoL...you just won't trust your ears will you E.?

 

Untitled.jpg

 

post #3941 of 3967
orthodynamic headphone's "real" transient not as good as people consider.

But their "impulse character" are good ,just as those electrostatics.
Edited by donthuang - 3/7/11 at 5:14pm
post #3942 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

LoL...you just won't trust your ears will you E.?

 


LOL, I trusted my ears and had to eat crow a few times, when the differences I thought I heard were not reproducible or turned out not to exist once I volume balanced.

 

Silver cables gets a 'face palm' until the evidence for them equals at least 1/4 of the amount of evidence against them.

 

I guess I'm from Missouri on this one.  Show me the evidence and I'll believe, 'cause lord knows I've heard all kinds of differences. normal_smile%20.gif

 

USG

 

post #3943 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post




LOL, I trusted my ears and had to eat crow a few times, when the differences I thought I heard were not reproducible or turned out not to exist once I volume balanced.

 

Silver cables gets a 'face palm' until the evidence for them equals at least 1/4 of the amount of evidence against them.

 

I guess I'm from Missouri on this one.  Show me the evidence and I'll believe, 'cause lord knows I've heard all kinds of differences. normal_smile%20.gif

 

USG

 


I thought you were from New York? tongue.gif

 

post #3944 of 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

I thought you were from New York? tongue.gif
 


I'm a little bit country......

 

post #3945 of 3967

I know it's an odd question to ask, but humor me.  Does anyone know if the T1 fits in the felt portable case that comes with the T5?  I know that Beyerdynamic sells that as a separate accessory so I was curious.  Thanks!

 

Jeff

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1