Well it´s a RX-V663 receiver if anyone know the specs on that one. Headphone output on those multichannel receivers are quite an after thought in most cases I suspect :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I feel like I've missed a step, is it worth it to go back? Last post on 3/17/11 at 5:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 5/27/16 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- This may sound silly but... Last post on 9/4/10 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread Last post on 1/13/17 at 6:20am in High-end Audio Forum
- HD800 or T1 balanced? Last post on 8/16/10 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1 - Page 206post #3076 of 39695/21/10 at 10:10am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3077 of 39695/21/10 at 10:23ampost #3078 of 39695/21/10 at 10:59ampost #3079 of 39695/21/10 at 11:14ampost #3080 of 39695/21/10 at 1:24pmQuote:
I have not seen or tried the V181. My balanced amps are the Rudistor RP010B MkII and the RSA Apache. Both can drive the T1 with no problems at all. In both the volume knob is baout 10 o'clock giving me pretty good sound level.
Edited by musicman59 - 5/21/10 at 1:28pmpost #3081 of 39695/21/10 at 3:32pmQuote:
It will be used with a RSA Apache. I am working to try and use the latest Burson Audio chips in it but they need to be mounted on some boards before I can use them. A friend is doing it for me but he is just swamped with work and hasn't had time.
Normally this is paired with my Meridian 808i.2,post #3082 of 39695/21/10 at 3:34pmpost #3083 of 39695/21/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
I know mm posted a bit in his last post here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478563/violectric-hpa-v100-or-gs-1#post_6649490post #3084 of 39695/21/10 at 6:26pmpost #3085 of 39695/21/10 at 7:37pmQuote:
The sound of the V200 is more refined and cleaner than the V100. The whole presentation is better and more dynamic. The V100 has a little more power for the high impedance headphones and with a little more slam but not as clean as the V200. Don't get me wrong the V100 is great but the V200 has better control.
Edited by musicman59 - 5/21/10 at 7:39pmpost #3086 of 39695/21/10 at 8:40pm
So you used the zeus Y cable to run it from the V100?
What quality differences did you notice when running it from the V100 vs your balanced amp for the T1s?
I unfortunately cannot invest that much (the balanced one you have) in an amp right away, but perhaps in a few months, so was wondering if I should just go in for a V100 right now and still get my stuff re cabled and use it with the Y cable converter that their website shows...
EDIT: I guess you did that, read it in the other thread...
Edited by Priyajeet - 5/21/10 at 8:48pmpost #3087 of 39695/22/10 at 12:20am
To follow on from my previous post here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440799/beyerdynamic-to-launch-new-top-headphone-at-ifa-called-t1/2955#post_6624221
I now have an unknown amount of burn-in hours on the T1 (couldn't be bothered to track them). Regardless of burn-in, or psychoacoustics, or both, I find that my opinion of the T1 is now more favorable. I still think it's not particularly great, but it does sound fairly good - well, at least for classical and jazz music, which are the only genres that I can muster any enthusiasm for with the T1. For all of my other music genres, the T1's performance is literally intolerable. I've tried it with electronica (breakbeat, IDM, ambient, techno, trance) and have been consistently underwhelmed by the lack of both low bass and and high treble and the longer I listen the more it makes me want to revert to my AT AD2K. ;) I've also tried it with metal (heavy, prog, power, and thrash specifically, with some extreme thrown in too) and am underwhelmed there too. One of the reasons I've quickly come to like metal (recently became a convert) is because a lot of it is either very fast-sounding or very aggressive/oppressive and the T1 doesn't capture these qualities remotely as well as either my AD2K or JH13. I also listen to rock (classic, prog, indie, etc) and the T1 isn't bad there, but it could be better.
I also now have an HD800 again (decided I had to check it out once and for all) which I only just got a few days ago. It has more relative treble tilt than the T1 (which I prefer) and also seems to have an extra degree of overall clarity.
I will probably be adding the Audeze LCD-2 to my headphone collection in the near future, along with an amp better suited to driving high-impedance loads (considering the new TTVJ Apex Peak for this purpose) and will add further impressions at that point.
Edited by Asr - 5/22/10 at 12:28ampost #3088 of 39695/22/10 at 10:28am
Wow...we could not have further opinions!
For me the T1s are the best all rounders I've ever had the pleasure of hearing or owning. They are amazing with jazz, classical, rock, and metal. I don't listen to electronica so I can't comment on that. But some of your comments I think are way too off. If you don't like them that's cool, but "intolerable"? There is no way these can sound that bad even right out of my iPod Classic (I know, because I've tried them that way).
Playback magazine seemed to agree with my experiences, but I guess we all hear differently.
I'm not sure what amp you're using or what kind of sound you're looking for, but for me these are simply the best cans ever.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 5/22/10 at 10:38ampost #3089 of 39695/22/10 at 11:00am
Well I agree the dynamics is not world class. Equal to the Ed 8 approx. But it´s one key to their allroundness. Yet to encounter any recordings being painfully bright or bassy even those that should.
I do miss the low bass sometimes for sound tracks... Listening to the Why so serious track from Dark Knight OST you wait for hell to break loose at 3 minutes approx and nothing happens???? Infected mushrooms is a no go as well. Not that I listen much to that kind of music just use them for checking bass :).
I have watched hockey, watched some movies, games apart from different types of music and they are good allrounders certainly. Haven´t really tried any electronica yet though. Even perform great out of my Ipod 3G. Looks like these magnets have power to spare.
Pray to god I get back my amps soon though want to see how this scales :)
- Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Recommend headphone for iphone 7. 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 5 minutes ago
- › Echobox Audio Explorer impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear