How about Washington, DC? A search here and on yelp didn't come up with anything great. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Passive vs. active crossover Last post on 9/19/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help for getting Custom In ears from Japan Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Filing down Custom IEMS Last post on 7/24/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be looking at the most spectacularly teensy, tiny little earphone ever to grace my ears, the Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Q. AAW is a Singapore...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) ) - Page 20post #286 of 2964/14/14 at 11:57am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #287 of 2964/18/14 at 8:46am
Hm, nothing in DC proper, but there are a couple of highly recommended Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologists in the area:
Johns Hopkins Medical Center
410-955-6153 – Email
Pam Mason, M. Ed., CCC-A
301-296-5790 – Email
Hope this helps.
Edited by JackKontney - 4/18/14 at 8:47ampost #288 of 2964/18/14 at 2:04pm
Funny that you guys are mentioning Sensaphonics because I'm getting ready to order iem's from them and just got new impressions done from Connect Hearing in Fountain Valley, CA. Dr. Doug Richards has been taking my impressions for years. For some reason, he doesn't use a bite block on me, but he starts talking to me while the molds are forming to my ears. He tells me to talk and open my mouth while my impressions are forming. I've been very happy with the results.post #289 of 29612/9/14 at 8:47ampost #290 of 29612/11/14 at 8:32amI'm in Billings, MT and got some impressions done last night. It was my first time and I didn't get a good look at them before they got boxed up. Kind of regretting not asking to see them first. I'm not sure they will be good enough.
He had to do the right ear three times to get deep enough. Any opinions on whether these will be good enough? I already sent some pics off to Mike at perfect seal to see if they will do. .
Edited by rjwwrx - 12/11/14 at 8:37ampost #291 of 29612/11/14 at 8:54am
Only you can tell if your impressions were deep enough. I've had a few bad ones and a lot of good ones. When I get new IEM's, it's hard to get the prefect fit at first try. My Audiologist has known me for a long time and he knows that it's rare for him to get good impressions at the first round because of my CP. We have gotten better at it though. He usually take two sets when I visit the office, just in case.post #292 of 29612/11/14 at 10:58ampost #293 of 29612/11/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by spazz
Only you can tell if your impressions were deep enough. I've had a few bad ones and a lot of good ones. When I get new IEM's, it's hard to get the prefect fit at first try. My Audiologist has known me for a long time and he knows that it's rare for him to get good impressions at the first round because of my CP. We have gotten better at it though. He usually take two sets when I visit the office, just in case.
I got a reply from Mike at perfect-seal and he said they were usable. He advised the voids in the ear canal should be ok because my canal expands as it gets deeper and he will need to grind it down anyways. Happy that they turned out OK. In the off chance that someone from Billings, MT is reading this I should include the Audiologist info.
I went to a private practice Dr. Bukowski. Charged $25 total.post #294 of 2961/13/15 at 3:49pm
just went to get mine done. audiologist said the inside of my left ear was "not normal", would not really comment beyond "it could, and most likely is completely normal, but i wont do it". told me to go to a clinical audiologist to get it done. showed me on the tv attached to her ear inspector thing that it wasn't perfectly circular *maybe some growth was there, i have no idea*. now i scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician to get a referral to the clinical audiologistpost #295 of 2966/8/15 at 11:11ampost #296 of 2963/16/16 at 1:27pm
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have to give a shout out to Beth Orliss of Hearing Dynamics in Cresskill, NJ. She has been mentioned in this thread before, so I was willing to give her a shot. While it was a bit *different* to visit someone's home to have impressions made (which is often treated like a medical procedure), Beth was professional, pleasant, and clearly very skilled at what she does. She was totally willing to do impressions as many times as it would take to get good ones (luckily mine came out quite nicely on the first try). Highly recommended!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › New BA IEMs from Brainwavz? 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 vs Shure SE846? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › FIIO X7 + 2 AMP MODULES+ Dignis leather case 4 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HD 598 like new 4 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...