How about Washington, DC? A search here and on yelp didn't come up with anything great. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Passive vs. active crossover Last post on 9/19/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help for getting Custom In ears from Japan Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Filing down Custom IEMS Last post on 7/24/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) ) - Page 20post #286 of 2964/14/14 at 11:57ampost #287 of 2964/18/14 at 8:46am
Hm, nothing in DC proper, but there are a couple of highly recommended Sensaphonics Gold Circle audiologists in the area:
Johns Hopkins Medical Center
410-955-6153 – Email
Pam Mason, M. Ed., CCC-A
301-296-5790 – Email
Hope this helps.
Edited by JackKontney - 4/18/14 at 8:47ampost #288 of 2964/18/14 at 2:04pm
Funny that you guys are mentioning Sensaphonics because I'm getting ready to order iem's from them and just got new impressions done from Connect Hearing in Fountain Valley, CA. Dr. Doug Richards has been taking my impressions for years. For some reason, he doesn't use a bite block on me, but he starts talking to me while the molds are forming to my ears. He tells me to talk and open my mouth while my impressions are forming. I've been very happy with the results.post #289 of 29612/9/14 at 8:47ampost #290 of 29612/11/14 at 8:32amI'm in Billings, MT and got some impressions done last night. It was my first time and I didn't get a good look at them before they got boxed up. Kind of regretting not asking to see them first. I'm not sure they will be good enough.
He had to do the right ear three times to get deep enough. Any opinions on whether these will be good enough? I already sent some pics off to Mike at perfect seal to see if they will do. .
Edited by rjwwrx - 12/11/14 at 8:37ampost #291 of 29612/11/14 at 8:54am
Only you can tell if your impressions were deep enough. I've had a few bad ones and a lot of good ones. When I get new IEM's, it's hard to get the prefect fit at first try. My Audiologist has known me for a long time and he knows that it's rare for him to get good impressions at the first round because of my CP. We have gotten better at it though. He usually take two sets when I visit the office, just in case.post #292 of 29612/11/14 at 10:58ampost #293 of 29612/11/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by spazz
Only you can tell if your impressions were deep enough. I've had a few bad ones and a lot of good ones. When I get new IEM's, it's hard to get the prefect fit at first try. My Audiologist has known me for a long time and he knows that it's rare for him to get good impressions at the first round because of my CP. We have gotten better at it though. He usually take two sets when I visit the office, just in case.
I got a reply from Mike at perfect-seal and he said they were usable. He advised the voids in the ear canal should be ok because my canal expands as it gets deeper and he will need to grind it down anyways. Happy that they turned out OK. In the off chance that someone from Billings, MT is reading this I should include the Audiologist info.
I went to a private practice Dr. Bukowski. Charged $25 total.post #294 of 2961/13/15 at 3:49pm
just went to get mine done. audiologist said the inside of my left ear was "not normal", would not really comment beyond "it could, and most likely is completely normal, but i wont do it". told me to go to a clinical audiologist to get it done. showed me on the tv attached to her ear inspector thing that it wasn't perfectly circular *maybe some growth was there, i have no idea*. now i scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician to get a referral to the clinical audiologistpost #295 of 2966/8/15 at 11:11ampost #296 of 2963/16/16 at 1:27pm
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have to give a shout out to Beth Orliss of Hearing Dynamics in Cresskill, NJ. She has been mentioned in this thread before, so I was willing to give her a shot. While it was a bit *different* to visit someone's home to have impressions made (which is often treated like a medical procedure), Beth was professional, pleasant, and clearly very skilled at what she does. She was totally willing to do impressions as many times as it would take to get good ones (luckily mine came out quite nicely on the first try). Highly recommended!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 58 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the... 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse