Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Opinions on Ultrasone Headphones...?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinions on Ultrasone Headphones...? - Page 3

post #31 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post
Coming from someone who use's the poorest built phones in the world.. Says alot right there. I could say the same about Grado! But meh im not out to argue, just enjoy my 780's.
Grados and Ultrasones can coexist( for me anyway).
post #32 of 123
I really like my Ultrasone HFI-780, be advised they need a lot of burn-in. IMO at least 450 hours to settle, then they benefit from a re-cable since the stock cable is not that good.
post #33 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
I really like my Ultrasone HFI-780, be advised they need a lot of burn-in. IMO at least 450 hours to settle, then they benefit from a re-cable since the stock cable is not that good.

is there a reasonably priced, off the shelf cable? I know Moon audio and ALO do cables, but are there any other cables out there?
post #34 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thgear View Post
Just got some HFI-680s sitting unopened (Saturday delivery FTW). Hope to get some initial listening in tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. These phones don't get nearly enough attention.
post #35 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by captian73 View Post
is there a reasonably priced, off the shelf cable? I know Moon audio and ALO do cables, but are there any other cables out there?
Get in touch w/ Warrior of S2 Audio for a reasonably priced re-cable. Mine have an APureSound V3 which I have enjoyed tremendously.
post #36 of 123
Just got home, just gave the HFI-680 a quick spin. Initial reactions are very positive. The sound seems very balanced. Crisp, but not harsh highs, solid midrange, punchy, present bass that strikes me as neither too lean nor overblown. They clamp tightly, but sound leakage appears minimal. I'm not really hearing the S-Logicness of them, though.
post #37 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thgear View Post
Just got home, just gave the HFI-680 a quick spin. Initial reactions are very positive. The sound seems very balanced. Crisp, but not harsh highs, solid midrange, punchy, present bass that strikes me as neither too lean nor overblown. They clamp tightly, but sound leakage appears minimal. I'm not really hearing the S-Logicness of them, though.
Usually there said to be very harsh straight out of the box, I bet the warmth from the Corda Arietta is taming them. If you want to hear the 'S-Logicness' of them give the included CD a spin, it's full of binaural recordings which you may of heard before as it was posted here some time back. It takes some getting used too, it's not your traditional left-right soundstage.
post #38 of 123
Picking my 780's up in the morning!! Oh man i havent been this excited in a long time! Seriously! If these blow me away i will consider selling my soul to get a pair of Ed.9's or Ed.8's. and then i will be done for Ever's.
post #39 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post
If these blow me away i will consider selling my soul to get a pair of Ed.9's or Ed.8's.
That's what happened to me after receiving the ALO-780s. They were the gateway drug, and I ended up getting the Ed.9s. Hope you enjoy your's.
post #40 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude View Post
That's what happened to me after receiving the ALO-780s. They were the gateway drug, and I ended up getting the Ed.9s. Hope you enjoy your's.
Don't tempt me, I'm trying to save for a decent amp. Don't distract me!
post #41 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Get in touch w/ Warrior of S2 Audio for a reasonably priced re-cable. Mine have an APureSound V3 which I have enjoyed tremendously.
how much did yours cost? when i say off the shelf cable, i mean $100-150 mark not something I'm going to have to convince my bank manger about.

Yes mr bank manger XXXXXX for a bit of cable for my headphones!
post #42 of 123
you would be looking over $200US for a quality recable Look for a second hand pair to get an idea... Thats how i got my awesome deal!!
post #43 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post
Picking my 780's up in the morning!! Oh man i havent been this excited in a long time! Seriously! If these blow me away i will consider selling my soul to get a pair of Ed.9's or Ed.8's. and then i will be done for Ever's.
The only Ultrasones I could consider upgrading too was if they produced some open headphones... Surely maybe the ED 8 is better then the Pro 900 but I am just to happy with it and I can´t see that being 1000$ better

As for cables Sarn-industries have some. Ask Germania. I forgot the exact name but was some millian acoustics or something that produce cables as well? They didn´t have Ultrasone cables when I asked them many months ago but it was on it´s way I believe then.
post #44 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by captian73 View Post
how much did yours cost? when i say off the shelf cable, i mean $100-150 mark not something I'm going to have to convince my bank manger about.

Yes mr bank manger XXXXXX for a bit of cable for my headphones!
It has been a while since I checked but you are in the ball park, as I recall it was about $125 plus S&H.
post #45 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post
Picking my 780's up in the morning!! Oh man i havent been this excited in a long time!


... there he goes, funny in Australia you have to go pick up the package, they don't deliver it to your door.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Opinions on Ultrasone Headphones...?