- 1,945 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: NJ...by the beach
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass headphone under $100 Last post on 8/28/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP vs m-50? Last post on 8/15/12 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Studio/Home Cans Last post on 9/4/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK - Page 2post #16 of 208/13/09 at 10:52pmI'm no expert on the subject, but you could get a cheap set of tracking hps like the mdr-v6/7506(check ebay for used) which is recommended profusely on Gearslutz, and something a little more neutral for mixing. Possibly the GMP's can cover both bases, if they're closed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 208/13/09 at 11:11pmThread StarterI was wondering about maybe using my stax for mixing......but yeah if the GMP's are good for both i'd be on that like <insert witty simile>. lol.
Yeah I could grab some sony's for tracking but I know my school has a huge gear "cage" and spotted a full rack of v6's so maybe i'll just use those.post #18 of 202/1/11 at 12:38ampost #19 of 2010/25/11 at 5:08amQuote:
Could not agree more on this!
Ub3rMario, I can suggest to read my recent review of 7 closed headphones, in search for a perfect studio headphone, where hopefully you'll find some useful information.
Going back to the point TheMarchingMule made about Shures being emphasized / harsh in the mids, try this song by Ours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGZSu7VJe0
Go to around 2'50''. When the heavier guitars come in, with SRH840 you almost feel like your ears will start bleeding any minute! You don't get that sensation with neither ATH-M50 or M-Audio Q40. It is considerably louder, as was the intention, I presume, and it's "middly", but you don't suddenly feel an urge to scratch your ears like you do with the Shures :).
Edited by rayjuodas - 10/25/11 at 5:16am
- m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 8 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current - Black Widow, Solid State Headphone AMP Impressions... 34 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › looking for a new DAP, what has replaygain support? 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 4 minutes ago
- › audioquest dragonfly 1.2 + extender cable + jitterbug (uk) 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...