- 1,945 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: NJ...by the beach
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass headphone under $100 Last post on 8/28/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP vs m-50? Last post on 8/15/12 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Studio/Home Cans Last post on 9/4/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK - Page 2post #16 of 208/13/09 at 10:52pmI'm no expert on the subject, but you could get a cheap set of tracking hps like the mdr-v6/7506(check ebay for used) which is recommended profusely on Gearslutz, and something a little more neutral for mixing. Possibly the GMP's can cover both bases, if they're closed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 208/13/09 at 11:11pmThread StarterI was wondering about maybe using my stax for mixing......but yeah if the GMP's are good for both i'd be on that like <insert witty simile>. lol.
Yeah I could grab some sony's for tracking but I know my school has a huge gear "cage" and spotted a full rack of v6's so maybe i'll just use those.post #18 of 202/1/11 at 12:38ampost #19 of 2010/25/11 at 5:08amQuote:
Could not agree more on this!
Ub3rMario, I can suggest to read my recent review of 7 closed headphones, in search for a perfect studio headphone, where hopefully you'll find some useful information.
Going back to the point TheMarchingMule made about Shures being emphasized / harsh in the mids, try this song by Ours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGZSu7VJe0
Go to around 2'50''. When the heavier guitars come in, with SRH840 you almost feel like your ears will start bleeding any minute! You don't get that sensation with neither ATH-M50 or M-Audio Q40. It is considerably louder, as was the intention, I presume, and it's "middly", but you don't suddenly feel an urge to scratch your ears like you do with the Shures :).
Edited by rayjuodas - 10/25/11 at 5:16am
- m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Which AWG for and headphone cable wires ? 11 seconds ago
- › Why does it matter if headphones have a frequency range below 20Hz... 25 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 58 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › I need help with name for an amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Symbiote SP V2 6 core IEM cable 6 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2