- 1,945 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: NJ...by the beach
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass headphone under $100 Last post on 8/28/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP vs m-50? Last post on 8/15/12 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Studio/Home Cans Last post on 9/4/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK - Page 2post #16 of 208/13/09 at 10:52pmI'm no expert on the subject, but you could get a cheap set of tracking hps like the mdr-v6/7506(check ebay for used) which is recommended profusely on Gearslutz, and something a little more neutral for mixing. Possibly the GMP's can cover both bases, if they're closed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 208/13/09 at 11:11pmThread StarterI was wondering about maybe using my stax for mixing......but yeah if the GMP's are good for both i'd be on that like <insert witty simile>. lol.
Yeah I could grab some sony's for tracking but I know my school has a huge gear "cage" and spotted a full rack of v6's so maybe i'll just use those.post #18 of 202/1/11 at 12:38ampost #19 of 2010/25/11 at 5:08amQuote:
Could not agree more on this!
Ub3rMario, I can suggest to read my recent review of 7 closed headphones, in search for a perfect studio headphone, where hopefully you'll find some useful information.
Going back to the point TheMarchingMule made about Shures being emphasized / harsh in the mids, try this song by Ours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGZSu7VJe0
Go to around 2'50''. When the heavier guitars come in, with SRH840 you almost feel like your ears will start bleeding any minute! You don't get that sensation with neither ATH-M50 or M-Audio Q40. It is considerably louder, as was the intention, I presume, and it's "middly", but you don't suddenly feel an urge to scratch your ears like you do with the Shures :).
Edited by rayjuodas - 10/25/11 at 5:16am
- m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Budget in-ear headphones for 100€ 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800, Original Owner, Bought From Authorized Seller 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...