- 1,945 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: NJ...by the beach
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any comfortable Over-ear Headphones under $150??? Last post on 1/19/13 at 3:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best bass headphone under $100 Last post on 8/28/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T50RP vs m-50? Last post on 8/15/12 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an headphone around $150 + amp/dac Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Studio/Home Cans Last post on 9/4/11 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK - Page 2post #16 of 208/13/09 at 10:52pmI'm no expert on the subject, but you could get a cheap set of tracking hps like the mdr-v6/7506(check ebay for used) which is recommended profusely on Gearslutz, and something a little more neutral for mixing. Possibly the GMP's can cover both bases, if they're closed.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 208/13/09 at 11:11pmThread StarterI was wondering about maybe using my stax for mixing......but yeah if the GMP's are good for both i'd be on that like <insert witty simile>. lol.
Yeah I could grab some sony's for tracking but I know my school has a huge gear "cage" and spotted a full rack of v6's so maybe i'll just use those.post #18 of 202/1/11 at 12:38ampost #19 of 2010/25/11 at 5:08amQuote:
Could not agree more on this!
Ub3rMario, I can suggest to read my recent review of 7 closed headphones, in search for a perfect studio headphone, where hopefully you'll find some useful information.
Going back to the point TheMarchingMule made about Shures being emphasized / harsh in the mids, try this song by Ours: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGZSu7VJe0
Go to around 2'50''. When the heavier guitars come in, with SRH840 you almost feel like your ears will start bleeding any minute! You don't get that sensation with neither ATH-M50 or M-Audio Q40. It is considerably louder, as was the intention, I presume, and it's "middly", but you don't suddenly feel an urge to scratch your ears like you do with the Shures :).
Edited by rayjuodas - 10/25/11 at 5:16am
- m50 vs t50rp FOR STUDIO WORK
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 35 seconds ago
- › Hidizs AP60 1 minute ago
- › Fujiya Avic Winter Potaken in Tokyo 18th February 2017 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 or Sennheiser HD598 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Focal Listen Excellent Condition - Complete - Free US Shipping... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear