Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 405

post #6061 of 8720

You can choose btw the metal or rubber feet not both unless you pay I suppose.


Btw, Justin.  Just sent you an email.  Tia for the reply.


Edited by Y26-Day - 10/4/14 at 9:24am
post #6062 of 8720

I ordered both.  I think that added something like ~ $40.

post #6063 of 8720

Good to know but I like the metallic feet on a damper. To each of his/her own.


Edited by Y26-Day - 10/4/14 at 2:38pm
post #6064 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post



First shipment

 

Please dont ship mine, remember i will pick it up!!!!

post #6065 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post



First shipment

I hope mine isn't the blue one on the picture (second row from the top)... I ordered the Shuguang Treasure tubes.

post #6066 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post



First shipment


Hello Justin

 

I hope mine isn't the blue one (second row from the top)... I ordered the Shuguang Treasure tubes. I dare not imagine how long it would take to exchange the stock Mullard for Shuguang Treasure...

post #6067 of 8720

Mmmm.  There are a shelf full of BHSE, just aching to be shipped, and folks are still wailing at Justin.  When you hear all the "special needs" going on, I can see why Justin has troubles answering his emails/PMs, etc. As for changing your order now?

 

I know this is an expensive, custom project, but this is an expensive custom project, and I am pretty sure he goes by your wishes when you ordered.  I myself did not order plain vanilla, but I knew when I signed on way back when that it would not be delivered until it was ready, and that it would take awhile.  Justin did send a couple emails about what I was wanting, and did seem to know what I had ordered initially.  It was confirmed again when I submitted the final payment.

 

As to the tubes, those units look to be just finished testing, during which I am sure he uses his standard tubes, so the measuring would be uniform.  I think that he will remove those tubes, install the top, then pack the units for shipping.  Tubes, cables, and possibly feet, will be installed by the new owner.

post #6068 of 8720
The amps with the shuguang tubes do have them installed

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #6069 of 8720

Yes I apologize for misdirecting the feet discussion, thanks for the clarifications. 

 

If there is anyone who should be complaining it's most likely Justin's power bill 

post #6070 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

The amps with the shuguang tubes do have them installed

I stand corrected for my assumptions.
post #6071 of 8720

Justin, please make sure to ship me the one you secretly know is the best.

post #6072 of 8720

xf2 OO is smooth and has big soundstage with tons of details and resolution. I think you can get to higher volumes levels as well.

 

xf3/xf4 DD sounds slightly different compared to xf2 (IMO more tube like). Soundstage is a bit smaller. However, it has even more details and resolution – so much so that is gives a really nice raw presentation to the music, which still sounds musical (really amazing how much micro details is on a CD that you don’t hear).

 

Both are the best tubes for BHSE I’ve heard. If I had to pick one it would probably be the DD because it has a more unique sound, which I really like (it’s pretty close though).

post #6073 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

The amps with the shuguang tubes do have them installed


Hello Justin

 

The point Bones13 raises is interesting: when the Shuguang Treasure option is chosen, are the tests carried out with these tubes, or with the standard stock Mullards?

post #6074 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post
 

xf2 OO is smooth and has big soundstage with tons of details and resolution. I think you can get to higher volumes levels as well.

 

xf3/xf4 DD sounds slightly different compared to xf2 (IMO more tube like). Soundstage is a bit smaller. However, it has even more details and resolution – so much so that is gives a really nice raw presentation to the music, which still sounds musical (really amazing how much micro details is on a CD that you don’t hear).

 

Both are the best tubes for BHSE I’ve heard. If I had to pick one it would probably be the DD because it has a more unique sound, which I really like (it’s pretty close though).

How do they compare to the previous favorite Psvane EL 34PH?

post #6075 of 8720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico613 View Post
 

How do they compare to the previous favorite Psvane EL 34PH?

Assuming there are no reliability issues with the EL34PH, they are still excellent tubes for the BHSE.

 

IMO, the NOS Mullards (truly new or good used) are just on another level that no new production tube can touch (including EL34PH).

 

I believe the better the source the better the results, especially with the NOS Mullard tubes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition