Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 397

post #5941 of 8727
With headphones that are non-Stax, such as the new Jade and He90,do you just need an adapter to connect to the Stax pro output on the BHSE or is it more complicated than that?
post #5942 of 8727

It is recommended to also run them at their rated bias voltage (500v for HE90).  If you have to use 580v it shouldn't be a big problem though.

post #5943 of 8727
At least some of the in production BHSE units should be finished burning in this week. Perhaps some folks will get shipping notices some time this week.
post #5944 of 8727

stay tuned...i did have one last item of business, which was the printing of the manuals. they're supposed to be ready on thursday

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #5945 of 8727

We always stay tuned :smile_phones:

 

Ali

post #5946 of 8727

Since i have been testing the amps, I have been getting a lot of emails/calls lately that go something like "If I do not receive the amp by [date in the very near future], then i want a refund". This causes the dilemma of having to decide if I should stop what I'm doing, and test/ship that 1 particular amp first, which delays the others plus is unfair, or lose that order over a matter of days/a few weeks when everyone in this batch has been waiting at least a year. I would really appreciate just a little more patience so I can finish the testing on these amps. 

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #5947 of 8727

No worries if you lose that order.  I'm sure the next person on the list would love to step up to the plate..

post #5948 of 8727

Agreed.

Whenever someone in #3 batch is really pissed, folks of #4 batch like me should be pleased to relieve predecessors from their burden :tongue:

 

Ali 

post #5949 of 8727
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

No worries if you lose that order.  I'm sure the next person on the list would love to step up to the plate..

+1

post #5950 of 8727
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

No worries if you lose that order.  I'm sure the next person on the list would love to step up to the plate..

 

not to mention, those folks are ignoring substantial scientific data showing that, based on non-blind testing, the BHSE sounds better the longer one has to wait for it to arrive.  :)


Edited by cat6man - 9/8/14 at 3:28pm
post #5951 of 8727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post

not to mention, those folks are ignoring substantial scientific data showing that, based on non-blind testing, the BHSE sounds better the longer one has to wait for it to arrive.  smily_headphones1.gif

Nah, SQ depends more on the color, we decided that many pages back.

Seriously, threats at this stage of the game? On the cusp of shipping?
Edited by Bones13 - 9/8/14 at 6:49pm
post #5952 of 8727

Hi Justin:

Any estimate yet on when the BHSE amps/headphones will be shipping?

Thanks, LeRoy Anderson

post #5953 of 8727

+2 [Quoting Ali-Pacha]


Edited by tremolo - 9/8/14 at 8:17pm
post #5954 of 8727
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

stay tuned...i did have one last item of business, which was the printing of the manuals. they're supposed to be ready on thursday


Good news, Justin! Is the User Manual available on the Net? This is a common practice today.

post #5955 of 8727
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

Since i have been testing the amps, I have been getting a lot of emails/calls lately that go something like "If I do not receive the amp by [date in the very near future], then i want a refund". This causes the dilemma of having to decide if I should stop what I'm doing, and test/ship that 1 particular amp first, which delays the others plus is unfair, or lose that order over a matter of days/a few weeks when everyone in this batch has been waiting at least a year. I would really appreciate just a little more patience so I can finish the testing on these amps. 

You are right on that point, Mr. Wilson: such threats are unfair.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition