Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 349

post #5221 of 6053
Awesome photo Kevin! I hope you wear that chef uniform when you are working in the lab! biggrin.gif
post #5222 of 6053

Must be STEAX, French Fries and a side salad perhaps? :popcorn: 


Edited by complin - 5/18/14 at 10:35am
post #5223 of 6053

French fries are belgian, BTW.

Imagine whether Kevin have had inspiration in Brussels, we would be craving for Belgian Fries Special Edition :ph34r:


Ali


Edited by Ali-Pacha - 5/18/14 at 1:31pm
post #5224 of 6053

here is a fresh one with the le creuset.

 

the staub is way to heavy to do this.

 

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/ccbw.jpg

 

and I do wear that to work.  usually once a year.

 

twice a year if we do the pancake breakfast.


Edited by kevin gilmore - 5/18/14 at 11:17am
post #5225 of 6053

Stainless steel knob. Great for baking breads in the oven without melting the knob. :bigsmile_face: 

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=0


Edited by jgazal - 5/18/14 at 1:33pm
post #5226 of 6053

Founders of Le Creuset was belgian folks. Maybe is french cooking legacy all fake :biggrin:

 

Ali

post #5227 of 6053
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin gilmore View Post

here is a fresh one with the le creuset.

the staub is way to heavy to do this.

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/ccbw.jpg

and I do wear that to work.  usually once a year.

twice a year if we do the pancake breakfast.
mmmm pancake stax...
post #5228 of 6053

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/ccbw.jpg

 

This pic should adorn the wall of every true headphone audiophile's listening room.

Others may desire to use it to adorn their dart boards.

post #5229 of 6053

I can just imagine telling my friends, "this is the guy who designed my headphone amp".  What would your children say?

 

Still . . . one can see a lucidity of genius in his eyes reflecting the highly evolved soul within . . .

post #5230 of 6053

 Well the way I would look at it, that this is the Michelin *** gourmet chef of headphone amps! :smile: 


Edited by complin - 5/19/14 at 12:24pm
post #5231 of 6053

Since using PH tubes with my BHSE in which I'm using to drive my 009's, my LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 are getting very little use, in fact the only time I was using them was while I waited for my BHSE to warm up.

I say was because I'm in the process of selling the LCD-XC and GS-X to which I've got a buyer.

Because I'm now enjoying listening to my 009's so much, if I decided to get another amp it would be a SS stats amp, to which Justin is the only one I'd want to build one for me.

 Justin might eventually start building SS stats amps again,but assuming he doesn't, then I'll just stick with what I've got, which does [ IMO ] sound utterly amazing anyway.

 

P.S. What I'm now doing while waiting for my BHSE to warm up, is connecting my Pico Slim to my K-01 and using either my HD-600's or UM Miracle CIEM's.

Although [ IMO ] the Pico Slim doesn't sound as good as the GS-Xmk2, when used with the K-01 it still make my HD-600's and UM Miracles sound very good.

post #5232 of 6053
Quote:
Originally Posted by complin View Post

 Well the way I would look at is, that this is the Michelin *** gourmet chef of headphone amps! smile.gif
Take it you not heard the creek ob1 or whatever it's called,you haven't lived!You been watching master chef
Edited by Hifi Nutter - 5/19/14 at 12:04pm
post #5233 of 6053

Absolutely nothing to do with master chef or any other television program, the Michelin guides have started in 1907 !!

Never heard of the creek ob1 ?/"^*! and I can assure I have lived with the best of them :beerchug: perhaps too much judging by my waistline.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post


Take it you not heard the creek ob1 or whatever it's called,you haven't lived!You been watching master chef
post #5234 of 6053
25 years ago i took a number of master classes with jean banchet.
Too bad no one cooks like that anymore.
post #5235 of 6053
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post
 

Since using PH tubes with my BHSE in which I'm using to drive my 009's, my LCD-XC / GS-Xmk2 are getting very little use, in fact the only time I was using them was while I waited for my BHSE to warm up.

I say was because I'm in the process of selling the LCD-XC and GS-X to which I've got a buyer.

Because I'm now enjoying listening to my 009's so much, if I decided to get another amp it would be a SS stats amp, to which Justin is the only one I'd want to build one for me.

 Justin might eventually start building SS stats amps again,but assuming he doesn't, then I'll just stick with what I've got, which does [ IMO ] sound utterly amazing anyway.

 

P.S. What I'm now doing while waiting for my BHSE to warm up, is connecting my Pico Slim to my K-01 and using either my HD-600's or UM Miracle CIEM's.

Although [ IMO ] the Pico Slim doesn't sound as good as the GS-Xmk2, when used with the K-01 it still make my HD-600's and UM Miracles sound very good.

Before selling the GS-X MK2, you owe yourself to listen to the HD800 through it in balanced form.  No, the HD800 + GS-X MK2 is not a match to the SR009 + BHSE, but it is one heck of combo that can easily be an end-game to many headphile out there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition