ah excellent, I see mine. Right there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 1/23/15 at 8:47am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 331
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
you know if someone stole BHSEs, there's nothing they could do with them. it would be absolutely impossible for them to be monetized without being caught
Still...that's over 300k of BHSE goodness.
Thanks to the members who with the advice for re-tubing and biasing my 007t/ii amp.
I managed to do it myself with a new Fluke 117 meter and it all went well (it's just hard to get within one volt, but I did it).
The RCA 6fq7/6cg7 tubes sound superb with the 009 phones.
There is a little more robust bass, and, most important, some welcome warmth and sweetness in the upper mids and highs,
and an overall feeling of smoothness and refinement along with the extraordinary SR009 detail.
And I can listen significantly louder now before any fatiguing highs appear, as Tyll noted in his findings with this amp.
And this was just on some redbook CDs I tried, and I just couldn't stop listening.
These are amazing headphones, and they are fully satisfying with the 007t amp.
The bass is not thunderous, but the bass transparency and integration is so nice I love the low end just as it is.
The soundstaging is not hall-like with lots of layering, but the sound is so intimate, again, I love it as I hear it.
The character of each musical component just sounds so true, like you can feel each note and sound, and it feels really good,
some unique goodness I don't get with any other phone or with speakers.
And with the fatigue factor basically gone now, I can listen and take all this in with no fear at just about any volume lever I want.
Again, thanks for the help.
I put in my order in May 2012. I received the request for final payment on 30 Mar 2014.
“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”
PS Thanks to Ali-Pacha for the graphic portrayal of the cosmic significance, and the lighter and darker sides of this new hope some of us are getting to feel.
If I stole them I'd probably only grab 2 or 4 for stax monoblocks, tie the channels together in parallel. I'd probably also lift some cases and leave you with the stuffed boards as an act of generosity.
Can you drive ESL's with the BHSE? I would probably steal a few more if that was possible.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Second Generation (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 30 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 53 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 58 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for a certain type of music 1 minute ago
- › Where to get thin cable 2 minutes ago
- › Today's equivalent of Shure SE115 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3