ah excellent, I see mine. Right there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 1/23/15 at 8:47am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 331
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
you know if someone stole BHSEs, there's nothing they could do with them. it would be absolutely impossible for them to be monetized without being caught
Still...that's over 300k of BHSE goodness.
Thanks to the members who with the advice for re-tubing and biasing my 007t/ii amp.
I managed to do it myself with a new Fluke 117 meter and it all went well (it's just hard to get within one volt, but I did it).
The RCA 6fq7/6cg7 tubes sound superb with the 009 phones.
There is a little more robust bass, and, most important, some welcome warmth and sweetness in the upper mids and highs,
and an overall feeling of smoothness and refinement along with the extraordinary SR009 detail.
And I can listen significantly louder now before any fatiguing highs appear, as Tyll noted in his findings with this amp.
And this was just on some redbook CDs I tried, and I just couldn't stop listening.
These are amazing headphones, and they are fully satisfying with the 007t amp.
The bass is not thunderous, but the bass transparency and integration is so nice I love the low end just as it is.
The soundstaging is not hall-like with lots of layering, but the sound is so intimate, again, I love it as I hear it.
The character of each musical component just sounds so true, like you can feel each note and sound, and it feels really good,
some unique goodness I don't get with any other phone or with speakers.
And with the fatigue factor basically gone now, I can listen and take all this in with no fear at just about any volume lever I want.
Again, thanks for the help.
I put in my order in May 2012. I received the request for final payment on 30 Mar 2014.
“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”
PS Thanks to Ali-Pacha for the graphic portrayal of the cosmic significance, and the lighter and darker sides of this new hope some of us are getting to feel.
If I stole them I'd probably only grab 2 or 4 for stax monoblocks, tie the channels together in parallel. I'd probably also lift some cases and leave you with the stuffed boards as an act of generosity.
Can you drive ESL's with the BHSE? I would probably steal a few more if that was possible.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap Kítchens For Sale UK 2 minutes ago
- › Another recommendation for a newbie. 2 minutes ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3