ah excellent, I see mine. Right there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 5/27/15 at 7:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 331
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
you know if someone stole BHSEs, there's nothing they could do with them. it would be absolutely impossible for them to be monetized without being caught
Still...that's over 300k of BHSE goodness.
Thanks to the members who with the advice for re-tubing and biasing my 007t/ii amp.
I managed to do it myself with a new Fluke 117 meter and it all went well (it's just hard to get within one volt, but I did it).
The RCA 6fq7/6cg7 tubes sound superb with the 009 phones.
There is a little more robust bass, and, most important, some welcome warmth and sweetness in the upper mids and highs,
and an overall feeling of smoothness and refinement along with the extraordinary SR009 detail.
And I can listen significantly louder now before any fatiguing highs appear, as Tyll noted in his findings with this amp.
And this was just on some redbook CDs I tried, and I just couldn't stop listening.
These are amazing headphones, and they are fully satisfying with the 007t amp.
The bass is not thunderous, but the bass transparency and integration is so nice I love the low end just as it is.
The soundstaging is not hall-like with lots of layering, but the sound is so intimate, again, I love it as I hear it.
The character of each musical component just sounds so true, like you can feel each note and sound, and it feels really good,
some unique goodness I don't get with any other phone or with speakers.
And with the fatigue factor basically gone now, I can listen and take all this in with no fear at just about any volume lever I want.
Again, thanks for the help.
I put in my order in May 2012. I received the request for final payment on 30 Mar 2014.
“Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory.”
PS Thanks to Ali-Pacha for the graphic portrayal of the cosmic significance, and the lighter and darker sides of this new hope some of us are getting to feel.
If I stole them I'd probably only grab 2 or 4 for stax monoblocks, tie the channels together in parallel. I'd probably also lift some cases and leave you with the stuffed boards as an act of generosity.
Can you drive ESL's with the BHSE? I would probably steal a few more if that was possible.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 29 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › I don't like western cosplayers imitating Anime characters, they... 3 minutes ago
- › Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)? 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2