Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 318

post #4756 of 7345

That's got to be silver, right? Unless that is powder coated...

post #4757 of 7345

That is probably one of the "grey" ones that he showed earlier.  The "silver" ones look almost like chrome, he has labored to get the right kind of aluminum, finished in the right manner.

post #4758 of 7345
It is silver and will look more like the batch #1 silver than the most recent batch #2. Different anodizers. The less reflective is more forgiving



Batch #1



Batch #2

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #4759 of 7345

The seafoam green color was a special custom request by me. I sent in a sample I had selected to represent the color I wanted, and Justin had two sets of everything made in this color just in case there was a problem with one of them, so now there's an extra set if anyone would like to join me in seafoam-land. AFAIK these will be the only two Head Amp BHSEs in this color, at least for some time.

 

 

 

Kinda reminds me of the famous Shindo Labs push-pull amplifiers, only not quite so dark green.

post #4760 of 7345

That's a nice color, I'd be interested if my amplifier was part of this run. The shindo green is hard to beat though

post #4761 of 7345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

The seafoam green color was a special custom request by me. I sent in a sample I had selected to represent the color I wanted, and Justin had two sets of everything made in this color just in case there was a problem with one of them, so now there's an extra set if anyone would like to join me in seafoam-land. AFAIK these will be the only two Head Amp BHSEs in this color, at least for some time.





Kinda reminds me of the famous Shindo Labs push-pull amplifiers, only not quite so dark green.

A great color. Looks a lot like Altec green.
post #4762 of 7345
.....green......its so special.
post #4763 of 7345
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

It is silver and will look more like the batch #1 silver than the most recent batch #2. Different anodizers. The less reflective is more forgiving



Batch #1



Batch #2

 

Batch #1 looks lasting to the eyes, IMO. My order is a grey one. I wish there will be a champagne gold color & finish, likes SRM-717, in the future.

post #4764 of 7345
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekwc View Post
 

 

I wish there will be a champagne gold color & finish, likes SRM-717, in the future.

I also ordered the grey one, but had asked Justin for a champagne gold too.  He said no, so I was a little surprised to see the custom sea foam green in this batch.  I think the grey looks incredible, but the champagne gold would have lined up nicely with some of the STAX amps.

post #4765 of 7345

I ended up paying extra for the custom color request back in 2012 since Justin had to get two copies made, but even then I think the anodizer ended up charging him more, so he might not be taking custom requests after that unless enough people show interest. Also this was kind of a shot in the dark: Justin told me there was no guarantee the custom color would turn out the way I wanted, so there was a chance we'd be throwing our money down the drain. Thankfully it turned out spot-on, but the risk is always something to consider.


Edited by MuppetFace - 3/9/14 at 1:42pm
post #4766 of 7345
Thanks for the backstory, am certainly not complaining. Justin has been terrific and am thrilled to be getting the grey, but congratulations on the unique BHSE.
post #4767 of 7345
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post



Took this pic a day or two ago, since then the mounting bars, connectors, and switch/LED board have all been assembled to the panels. Next stop, onto the amplifiers then testing

Thanks for the information Justin. Has the testing step begun? How long should it last?

post #4768 of 7345


Finishing the assembly

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #4769 of 7345
That purple sure is striking. Nicely done.
post #4770 of 7345
Blue color, rk50, 2 pro bias plugs, that's too much for coincidence, isn't my baby there on the left?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition