Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 306

post #4576 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsupt View Post
 

The blue and purple are quite striking.  

 

Justin, I'm not sure if it's something you "reveal" or not, but can you say how large the current run is?  There are more panels there than I expected to see!!

 

i have to get a lot of extra panels because not all of them will be useable or can get damaged during assembly. also orders change. so if i have 5 orders for blue, i should have 8 good panels, so i really should order at least 12. next time, there is going to have to be an additional cost on the colored panels

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #4577 of 5893

Maybe you can sell some "B-stock" amps!  

 

I kid...

post #4578 of 5893
Hello Justin

Thanks for the follow-up. From the moment I ordered my BHSE, I specified several times my options (color, feet, tubes, jacks...) But I realize this was manifestly premature. Now that the shipping time seems to get closer, I suppose you will send an official form where options can be specified, and from which the total price to pay is computed. Am I right?

Of course, people who already got a BHSE can answer my question regarding this final order form, if it exists.

MAny thank to all at Head-fi
post #4579 of 5893
Hi Justin,
 
How close are we from the shipping?  I don't mind waiting but just want to have an idea.
post #4580 of 5893

Nobody ordered copper this time?  I remember that looking pretty nice.

post #4581 of 5893

^ I will pay the required $10 for a solid copper faceplate, please sign me up justin thanks

post #4582 of 5893
Although I'm very happy with my 009 / BHSE, if I see something that might possibly improve on what already IMO sounds amazing, I can't resist ( when I've the spare money ) getting that something, which in this case it's a quad of Psvane EL34PH.
When I first read about them I was considering getting a quad, but their reliability was somewhat of a put off, however I read good things about Grant Fidelity so that's where I've just placed an order.
Like with all audio equipment, if it's not possible to audition it, we have to trust others thoughts, and I'm doing that with the Psvane EL34PH.
So I'll find out whether what's been written about them is just hype, or if they do actually make an improvement.
post #4583 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

Although I'm very happy with my 009 / BHSE, if I see something that might possibly improve on what already IMO sounds amazing, I can't resist ( when I've the spare money ) getting that something, which in this case it's a quad of Psvane EL34PH.
When I first read about them I was considering getting a quad, but their reliability was somewhat of a put off, however I read good things about Grant Fidelity so that's where I've just placed an order.
Like with all audio equipment, if it's not possible to audition it, we have to trust others thoughts, and I'm doing that with the Psvane EL34PH.
So I'll find out whether what's been written about them is just hype, or if they do actually make an improvement.


David, no doubt in my mind you will hear an improvement right way. Other than Audioseptic (couldn't hear any differences), everyone else has only said positive things about them, with the exception of reliability. Any idea when they're expected to arrive?

post #4584 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post



David, no doubt in my mind you will hear an improvement right way. Other than Audioseptic (couldn't hear any differences), everyone else has only said positive things about them, with the exception of reliability. Any idea when they're expected to arrive?

Just after placing the order, I received an email saying I might possibly have them in 5 days ( excluding weekends ) , also in that email it said I'll get a tracking number in a couple of days.
While I placed the order from Grant Fidelity, the email I received was from Audio for Less ( Hong Kong ) Limited which apparently is a strategic partner of Grant Fidelity.
Because of that, I'm hoping if I do have a problem with the EL34PH's like some have, I can sort it out with Grant Fidelity.
post #4585 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

Although I'm very happy with my 009 / BHSE, if I see something that might possibly improve on what already IMO sounds amazing, I can't resist ( when I've the spare money ) getting that something, which in this case it's a quad of Psvane EL34PH.
When I first read about them I was considering getting a quad, but their reliability was somewhat of a put off, however I read good things about Grant Fidelity so that's where I've just placed an order.
Like with all audio equipment, if it's not possible to audition it, we have to trust others thoughts, and I'm doing that with the Psvane EL34PH.
So I'll find out whether what's been written about them is just hype, or if they do actually make an improvement.

 

Anxious to here your thoughts.  I'm in the same boat with the audio stuff I buy.  It's usually blind and based heavily on others' feedback and thankfully I have yet to be severely disappointed.

post #4586 of 5893
It will be interesting to hear if there's an improvement in SQ from using the EL34PH, but for me, unless the SQ difference is huge, the only way to tell if there's any difference between using the EL34PH and another quad of EL34's, which in my case is the SED's, is by using two BHSE's.
I'm sure those that hear better SQ with the EL34PH, do so, but I need to hear for myself because I got some tube dampers after reading good reviews about them, and ever though I have those dampers on my BHSE, to my hearing I can't hear any difference between using them and not.
post #4587 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

It will be interesting to hear if there's an improvement in SQ from using the EL34PH, but for me, unless the SQ difference is huge, the only way to tell if there's any difference between using the EL34PH and another quad of EL34's, which in my case is the SED's, is by using two BHSE's.
I'm sure those that hear better SQ with the EL34PH, do so, but I need to hear for myself because I got some tube dampers after reading good reviews about them, and ever though I have those dampers on my BHSE, to my hearing I can't hear any difference between using them and not.

What is it that you don't like about the system thus far? What do you think is missing - some body?

post #4588 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

What is it that you don't like about the system thus far? What do you think is missing - some body?

I'm very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound using the SED tubes I have, but if I was nit picking, I suppose the SQ ( to my hearing ) is slightly thin sounding, so I guess some extra body might improve the sound somewhat. Whether the EL34PH's will do that I won't know until I've heard them, but even if I can't hear any difference, at least I won't have to buy anymore tubes for sometime because I'll still have the SED's and the tubes that came with the BHSE.
post #4589 of 5893
David, I think what you're really after is an 007mk1. These day, it shouldn't be much more than a set of four nos el34 tubes for the bhse, and certainly will give you another flavor to the 009 / broaden the range of recordings you can enjoy.
post #4590 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post

David, I think what you're really after is an 007mk1. These day, it shouldn't be much more than a set of four nos el34 tubes for the bhse, and certainly will give you another flavor to the 009 / broaden the range of recordings you can enjoy.

 

Thank you for your suggestion arnaud, but I've heard the 007mk1's along with my 009's driven by the BHSE, and with the majority of the songs I listened to, I much preferred the 009's.

Not only that, but I find my 009's are a lot more comfortable, and to put the icing on the cake, my 009's to me are much better looking than the 007's, in fact since adding the 3M carbon fibre sheeting, I think my 009's are one of the best looking headphones I've ever seen.

I'm also very happy with what I'm hearing from my LCD-XC's, and I think they are also very nice looking headphones, so I'll not be getting any 007mk1's or mk2's.

 

 

 

 

Yes, I'm at it again, here are some more photos of my 009's, some by it's self, one with the BHSE, and another with my LCD-XC.

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

Sorry, but it was dull outside.

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition