Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 304

post #4546 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

You mean backwards and upside-down?

 

Congrats anyway. Hows your DIY BH going?

 

Yeah, upside down. Meant to say that but dint think it was worth going back to edit it.

 

BH? Going? It's sitting in a box or three - half finished.

Had a heart attack a few months ago. Still recovering, doing rehab.

Possible additional surgeries in the future. Building amps is the last thing on my mind.

Thanks for askin!

post #4547 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

Does anyone in Southern California have a BHSE that would be interested in bringing it to a mini-meet this Friday, 1/3, in Irvine? I know it's a long shot because of the short notice, but we are looking to do an electrostatic amp "shoot out" and thought it would be more complete if we had a BHSE there too. Let me know if you know anyone who might be willing to participate with their BHSE.

We have a new prototype Russian electrostatic amp/DAC that we will be comparing.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks,
-Darin

I would think having a BHSE there is mandatory not optional. How can you do a proper shoutout without one?!
post #4548 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge74 View Post


I would think having a BHSE there is mandatory not optional. How can you do a proper shoutout without one?!

Yes, I know! But I can't find anyone with one. @n3rdling is coming, but his BHSE is not working at the moment. Any ideas who I can hit up?

post #4549 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post
 

Yes, I know! But I can't find anyone with one. @n3rdling is coming, but his BHSE is not working at the moment. Any ideas who I can hit up?

 

he hasn't bought a BHSE from me and i haven't been contacted about a repair?

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #4550 of 6679
I dont have a bhse...I have a diy bh.
post #4551 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

 

he hasn't bought a BHSE from me and i haven't been contacted about a repair?

Sorry, I mis-understood n3rdling. I realize now he did not mean BHSE. He must have meant his "Blue Hawaii (Spritzer Build)" as listed in his profile. 

 

Sorry, my bad!

post #4552 of 6679
Quote:livewire
 

Had a heart attack a few months ago. Still recovering, doing rehab.

Possible additional surgeries in the future. Building amps is the last thing on my mind.

Thanks for askin!

Sorry to hear this.

Will pm you.

post #4553 of 6679

Boy-O-Boy, I sure took a dump on this thread and scared everyone away!

Sorry for crapping on your thread Justin, I am sure that you have been enjoying the peace and quiet.:wink:

post #4554 of 6679

Already posted these pics before but I was going through my photo gallery and thought I'd re-post for the current buyers waiting for theirs. I remember writing that I'd never part with my BHSE, oh how wrong I was on that. :redface: Even got rid of the CD player too....

 

DSC_1254a.jpg

 

bhse_x1.jpg

 

Forgot that I'd taken this pic too. A whole lot of HeadAmp goodness there with the Gilmore Lite, GS-X MK1, BHSE, & KGSS. ;)

 

HeadAmp stack

 

All told a nice trip down memory lane. :smile:

post #4555 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
 

Already posted these pics before but I was going through my photo gallery and thought I'd re-post for the current buyers waiting for theirs. I remember writing that I'd never part with my BHSE, oh how wrong I was on that. :redface: Even got rid of the CD player too....

 

DSC_1254a.jpg

 

bhse_x1.jpg

 

Forgot that I'd taken this pic too. A whole lot of HeadAmp goodness there with the Gilmore Lite, GS-X MK1, BHSE, & KGSS. ;)

 

HeadAmp stack

 

All told a nice trip down memory lane. :smile:

so you kept the gilmore and sold the BHSE or already had the gilmore? 

post #4556 of 6679


Asr, Anything look familiar? Plinius sounds good with Headamp amps. In my case, the Gilmore Lite while I wait and save for my BHSE.
post #4557 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
so you kept the gilmore and sold the BHSE or already had the gilmore? 

 

I actually sold everything in that pic and re-acquired another Gilmore Lite.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra_verde View Post
Asr, Anything look familiar? Plinius sounds good with Headamp amps. In my case, the Gilmore Lite while I wait and save for my BHSE.

 

Very nice setup you have there, glad you like it. ;) I've been curious about the EAR HP4 for a long time, maybe I'll get a chance to hear one someday.

post #4558 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

so you kept the gilmore and sold the BHSE or already had the gilmore? 

Nice pics!
post #4559 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnutz View Post
 

Psvane EL34PH is knocking the crap out of the Shuguang 6CA7-Z. It's not even close. Better everything, not more, just way better. What a perfect match for the BHSE. Hoping someone else will take the plunge to give they're opinion. The changes weren't suppose to be this noticeable.

Interesting. I read your post last year, and since then I have gone through (2) dead, shorted PSVANE Type II EL34. I don't have my Amplitrex any longer, so I am just guessing they shorted, but they also acted like they were in a runaway state. I was sent a replacement from the seller at my cost for shipping, and same problem about 2 weeks later. My Mullard re-issues from upscale meanwhile, perform flawlessly and bias much better in my Decware amp.

 

I just picked up some vintage Tesla OO getter and I may try these replicas....just gotta find a seller who actually screens and tests tubes properly!

post #4560 of 6679
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcilantro View Post
 

Interesting. I read your post last year, and since then I have gone through (2) dead, shorted PSVANE Type II EL34. I don't have my Amplitrex any longer, so I am just guessing they shorted, but they also acted like they were in a runaway state. I was sent a replacement from the seller at my cost for shipping, and same problem about 2 weeks later. My Mullard re-issues from upscale meanwhile, perform flawlessly and bias much better in my Decware amp.

 

I just picked up some vintage Tesla OO getter and I may try these replicas....just gotta find a seller who actually screens and tests tubes properly!


Sorry to hear that.

 

Actually, the tubes I use are the Psvane EL34PH (still the same quad as last year), not the Type II.

 

Grand Fidelity does do testing prior to shipping from China (I believe they have the Amplitrex as well, it mentioned on their site somewhere).

 

This is why I don't recommend buying Shuguang or Psvane from Ebay, seems to be way too many failures for all their tubes, not just the EL34's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition