- 1,696 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 7/13/14 at 10:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 277
i would probably go for pink if i decided to buy this.
The Blue Hawaii design is over 10 years old now and the BHSE is exactly the same save some parts having been changed as the originals were discontinued. That will continue to happen though as the BH design will switch over to the same parts as the KGSSHV now uses.
Why wait for someone to cancel? Justin said he's got a few more spots left on this round of orders. Pony up!
right now i have exactly as many orders as units i am building. however, theres probably still going to be some cancellations and sometimes people think that the deposit was a full payment, so i would guess theres probably a couple left
The Pony is up...
Ha ha - yup and thanks.
So now someone needs to cancel
This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then just don't buy it. For Stax to come up with something as good as the BHSE, the price tag will be way north of 8K with lesser quality parts. Remember the original T2 amplifier that bankrupted Stax Japan? It was retailed over 10K back in 1990. I doubt that they will do anything like that again. Justin's margin on his BHSE is very low given that the US government will take nearly half of his profit away. You likely won't understand what I'm saying until you have a BHSE in your home. It is handcrafted to perfection. The visual aspects of the amp is strikingly beautiful. Of course, it gets better when you turn it on.
I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.
They were way too ahead of time just like the Qualia, R10, K1000, as well as baby and big Orpheus. Their top combo consisting of the OI & T2 are still considered by most as the pinnacle system.
"think deposit was a full payment"
THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?!
Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › NEW 2014 SONY MDR-XB950AP/H 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 35 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)