- 1,661 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 7/13/14 at 10:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 277
i would probably go for pink if i decided to buy this.
The Blue Hawaii design is over 10 years old now and the BHSE is exactly the same save some parts having been changed as the originals were discontinued. That will continue to happen though as the BH design will switch over to the same parts as the KGSSHV now uses.
Why wait for someone to cancel? Justin said he's got a few more spots left on this round of orders. Pony up!
right now i have exactly as many orders as units i am building. however, theres probably still going to be some cancellations and sometimes people think that the deposit was a full payment, so i would guess theres probably a couple left
The Pony is up...
Ha ha - yup and thanks.
So now someone needs to cancel
This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then just don't buy it. For Stax to come up with something as good as the BHSE, the price tag will be way north of 8K with lesser quality parts. Remember the original T2 amplifier that bankrupted Stax Japan? It was retailed over 10K back in 1990. I doubt that they will do anything like that again. Justin's margin on his BHSE is very low given that the US government will take nearly half of his profit away. You likely won't understand what I'm saying until you have a BHSE in your home. It is handcrafted to perfection. The visual aspects of the amp is strikingly beautiful. Of course, it gets better when you turn it on.
I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.
They were way too ahead of time just like the Qualia, R10, K1000, as well as baby and big Orpheus. Their top combo consisting of the OI & T2 are still considered by most as the pinnacle system.
"think deposit was a full payment"
THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?!
Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 14 seconds ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 17 seconds ago
- › PRICE DROP: Shure SE535-V (metallic-bronze), brand new, sealed, unused 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Choosing loudspeakers for Marantz PM6010 OSE 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)