- 1,938 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 8/26/15 at 9:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 277
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i would probably go for pink if i decided to buy this.
The Blue Hawaii design is over 10 years old now and the BHSE is exactly the same save some parts having been changed as the originals were discontinued. That will continue to happen though as the BH design will switch over to the same parts as the KGSSHV now uses.
Why wait for someone to cancel? Justin said he's got a few more spots left on this round of orders. Pony up!
right now i have exactly as many orders as units i am building. however, theres probably still going to be some cancellations and sometimes people think that the deposit was a full payment, so i would guess theres probably a couple left
The Pony is up...
Ha ha - yup and thanks.
So now someone needs to cancel
This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then just don't buy it. For Stax to come up with something as good as the BHSE, the price tag will be way north of 8K with lesser quality parts. Remember the original T2 amplifier that bankrupted Stax Japan? It was retailed over 10K back in 1990. I doubt that they will do anything like that again. Justin's margin on his BHSE is very low given that the US government will take nearly half of his profit away. You likely won't understand what I'm saying until you have a BHSE in your home. It is handcrafted to perfection. The visual aspects of the amp is strikingly beautiful. Of course, it gets better when you turn it on.
I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.
They were way too ahead of time just like the Qualia, R10, K1000, as well as baby and big Orpheus. Their top combo consisting of the OI & T2 are still considered by most as the pinnacle system.
"think deposit was a full payment"
THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?!
Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 10 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 58 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MX985 Review: Relive the Experience 1 minute ago
- › Ibasso DX80 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2