- 1,567 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 7/13/14 at 10:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 277
i would probably go for pink if i decided to buy this.
The Blue Hawaii design is over 10 years old now and the BHSE is exactly the same save some parts having been changed as the originals were discontinued. That will continue to happen though as the BH design will switch over to the same parts as the KGSSHV now uses.
Why wait for someone to cancel? Justin said he's got a few more spots left on this round of orders. Pony up!
right now i have exactly as many orders as units i am building. however, theres probably still going to be some cancellations and sometimes people think that the deposit was a full payment, so i would guess theres probably a couple left
The Pony is up...
Ha ha - yup and thanks.
So now someone needs to cancel
This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then just don't buy it. For Stax to come up with something as good as the BHSE, the price tag will be way north of 8K with lesser quality parts. Remember the original T2 amplifier that bankrupted Stax Japan? It was retailed over 10K back in 1990. I doubt that they will do anything like that again. Justin's margin on his BHSE is very low given that the US government will take nearly half of his profit away. You likely won't understand what I'm saying until you have a BHSE in your home. It is handcrafted to perfection. The visual aspects of the amp is strikingly beautiful. Of course, it gets better when you turn it on.
I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.
They were way too ahead of time just like the Qualia, R10, K1000, as well as baby and big Orpheus. Their top combo consisting of the OI & T2 are still considered by most as the pinnacle system.
"think deposit was a full payment"
THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?!
Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 seconds ago
- › FiiO E17 and EO9K 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 + ? + ?: picking best DAC + amp for European based HD800... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)