- 1,784 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on Yesterday at 2:34 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction With the introduction of the DUNU DN-1000, DUNU quickly established themselves as a primetime contender in the already fierce arena of mid-high range IEMS. Not only did...
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 277
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i would probably go for pink if i decided to buy this.
The Blue Hawaii design is over 10 years old now and the BHSE is exactly the same save some parts having been changed as the originals were discontinued. That will continue to happen though as the BH design will switch over to the same parts as the KGSSHV now uses.
Why wait for someone to cancel? Justin said he's got a few more spots left on this round of orders. Pony up!
right now i have exactly as many orders as units i am building. however, theres probably still going to be some cancellations and sometimes people think that the deposit was a full payment, so i would guess theres probably a couple left
The Pony is up...
Ha ha - yup and thanks.
So now someone needs to cancel
This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then just don't buy it. For Stax to come up with something as good as the BHSE, the price tag will be way north of 8K with lesser quality parts. Remember the original T2 amplifier that bankrupted Stax Japan? It was retailed over 10K back in 1990. I doubt that they will do anything like that again. Justin's margin on his BHSE is very low given that the US government will take nearly half of his profit away. You likely won't understand what I'm saying until you have a BHSE in your home. It is handcrafted to perfection. The visual aspects of the amp is strikingly beautiful. Of course, it gets better when you turn it on.
I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.
They were way too ahead of time just like the Qualia, R10, K1000, as well as baby and big Orpheus. Their top combo consisting of the OI & T2 are still considered by most as the pinnacle system.
"think deposit was a full payment"
THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?!
Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › noob at this, please help 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 4 minutes ago
- › So are Vsonic VSDxx series just disposable IEM's? 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)