- 1,943 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 8/26/15 at 9:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 276
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then you should probably buy a different amp.
Phil, why don't you just take your name off the list and move on? Seriously? This journey has been way much too stressful for you. It is time to give yourself a break and enjoy music, in whichever way you can! There will be, and there are may other amps you may want to use instead of the BHSE.
so far they have only done an outstanding job laser engraving expensive, discontinued part numbers onto cheaper parts. unless i am buying from a very reputable supplier i have to have all of my parts tested for authenticity due to the number of counterfeits out there now
Would have to second this although I'm a Chinese...embarrassedly
technology in this kind of high-end audio has been decreasing not increasing. it has become increasingly difficult to source the discrete parts to build these kinds of amplifiers, because their main applications (like CRT TVs) no longer exist. Plenty of parts though if i want to build a LCD screen onto the amp for no reason.
This is really the point, isn't it. Anyone who has attempted DIY at anything approaching this level finds that sourcing the parts is by far the biggest problem and the major source of frustration.
I too, have passed my order anniversary but I console myself that there is very little, if anything out there except DIY of the Stax esoterica that comes close to the perfection of a BHSE. With a personal flavour of Stax earphone & perhaps tubes, this is going to be as good as it gets for me. I don't want a nearly BHSE with second hand or wider tolerance parts. 12 months, 18 months, whatever it takes. Most people here know that the BHSE could, perhaps should, be much more expensive. Relax, let the BH meister weave his magic & think about the pain of commisioning or building a BHSE or anything equivalent. I look at it as sub-contracting my frustration whilst I just listen to music.
Agree and this is coming from someone with a pair of sealed 009s sitting in a closet waiting to be used.
Better to test them and burn-in in warranty period.
there where some 009 with imbalanceproblems delivered.
I had one of them.
Edited by karlgerman - 10/15/13 at 10:10pm
Yeah, I'd like to just don't have a stat amp.
I am posting because I want to help dispel the impression that those of us waiting for the current batch of BHSEs are all that discontent at the delay. Yes, I have been waiting a while (since August 2012, longer than many, not as long as some), and yes, I would love for the wait to be over, but I can't say that I am upset that Justin has taken the time to make sure that all the parts are up to his standards. Nor do I want him in any way to rush and possibly compromise the last stages of the fabrication. I am happy to get it when he is satisfied that he is ready to ship it to me.
Not discontent, just impatient.
I was quite serious! As time goes by, things often change faster than we could imagine -this is true especially for technology.
Edited by johnwmclean - 10/16/13 at 2:56am
My color choice was blue, but this is not an important matter: pink, if it exists, is acceptable too.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 7 seconds ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 33 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 38 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 58 seconds ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2