- 1,734 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 9/20/14 at 6:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 276
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then you should probably buy a different amp.
Phil, why don't you just take your name off the list and move on? Seriously? This journey has been way much too stressful for you. It is time to give yourself a break and enjoy music, in whichever way you can! There will be, and there are may other amps you may want to use instead of the BHSE.
so far they have only done an outstanding job laser engraving expensive, discontinued part numbers onto cheaper parts. unless i am buying from a very reputable supplier i have to have all of my parts tested for authenticity due to the number of counterfeits out there now
Would have to second this although I'm a Chinese...embarrassedly
technology in this kind of high-end audio has been decreasing not increasing. it has become increasingly difficult to source the discrete parts to build these kinds of amplifiers, because their main applications (like CRT TVs) no longer exist. Plenty of parts though if i want to build a LCD screen onto the amp for no reason.
This is really the point, isn't it. Anyone who has attempted DIY at anything approaching this level finds that sourcing the parts is by far the biggest problem and the major source of frustration.
I too, have passed my order anniversary but I console myself that there is very little, if anything out there except DIY of the Stax esoterica that comes close to the perfection of a BHSE. With a personal flavour of Stax earphone & perhaps tubes, this is going to be as good as it gets for me. I don't want a nearly BHSE with second hand or wider tolerance parts. 12 months, 18 months, whatever it takes. Most people here know that the BHSE could, perhaps should, be much more expensive. Relax, let the BH meister weave his magic & think about the pain of commisioning or building a BHSE or anything equivalent. I look at it as sub-contracting my frustration whilst I just listen to music.
Agree and this is coming from someone with a pair of sealed 009s sitting in a closet waiting to be used.
Better to test them and burn-in in warranty period.
there where some 009 with imbalanceproblems delivered.
I had one of them.
Edited by karlgerman - 10/15/13 at 10:10pm
Yeah, I'd like to just don't have a stat amp.
I am posting because I want to help dispel the impression that those of us waiting for the current batch of BHSEs are all that discontent at the delay. Yes, I have been waiting a while (since August 2012, longer than many, not as long as some), and yes, I would love for the wait to be over, but I can't say that I am upset that Justin has taken the time to make sure that all the parts are up to his standards. Nor do I want him in any way to rush and possibly compromise the last stages of the fabrication. I am happy to get it when he is satisfied that he is ready to ship it to me.
Not discontent, just impatient.
I was quite serious! As time goes by, things often change faster than we could imagine -this is true especially for technology.
Edited by johnwmclean - 10/16/13 at 2:56am
My color choice was blue, but this is not an important matter: pink, if it exists, is acceptable too.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 46 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone 200 Review by mark2410 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics) 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End... 8 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 8 minutes ago
- › HM-901 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)