- 1,838 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 1/23/15 at 8:47am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 276
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then you should probably buy a different amp.
Phil, why don't you just take your name off the list and move on? Seriously? This journey has been way much too stressful for you. It is time to give yourself a break and enjoy music, in whichever way you can! There will be, and there are may other amps you may want to use instead of the BHSE.
so far they have only done an outstanding job laser engraving expensive, discontinued part numbers onto cheaper parts. unless i am buying from a very reputable supplier i have to have all of my parts tested for authenticity due to the number of counterfeits out there now
Would have to second this although I'm a Chinese...embarrassedly
technology in this kind of high-end audio has been decreasing not increasing. it has become increasingly difficult to source the discrete parts to build these kinds of amplifiers, because their main applications (like CRT TVs) no longer exist. Plenty of parts though if i want to build a LCD screen onto the amp for no reason.
This is really the point, isn't it. Anyone who has attempted DIY at anything approaching this level finds that sourcing the parts is by far the biggest problem and the major source of frustration.
I too, have passed my order anniversary but I console myself that there is very little, if anything out there except DIY of the Stax esoterica that comes close to the perfection of a BHSE. With a personal flavour of Stax earphone & perhaps tubes, this is going to be as good as it gets for me. I don't want a nearly BHSE with second hand or wider tolerance parts. 12 months, 18 months, whatever it takes. Most people here know that the BHSE could, perhaps should, be much more expensive. Relax, let the BH meister weave his magic & think about the pain of commisioning or building a BHSE or anything equivalent. I look at it as sub-contracting my frustration whilst I just listen to music.
Agree and this is coming from someone with a pair of sealed 009s sitting in a closet waiting to be used.
Better to test them and burn-in in warranty period.
there where some 009 with imbalanceproblems delivered.
I had one of them.
Edited by karlgerman - 10/15/13 at 10:10pm
Yeah, I'd like to just don't have a stat amp.
I am posting because I want to help dispel the impression that those of us waiting for the current batch of BHSEs are all that discontent at the delay. Yes, I have been waiting a while (since August 2012, longer than many, not as long as some), and yes, I would love for the wait to be over, but I can't say that I am upset that Justin has taken the time to make sure that all the parts are up to his standards. Nor do I want him in any way to rush and possibly compromise the last stages of the fabrication. I am happy to get it when he is satisfied that he is ready to ship it to me.
Not discontent, just impatient.
I was quite serious! As time goes by, things often change faster than we could imagine -this is true especially for technology.
Edited by johnwmclean - 10/16/13 at 2:56am
My color choice was blue, but this is not an important matter: pink, if it exists, is acceptable too.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 6 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2