- 1,513 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 6/1/14 at 2:53am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 276
In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!
Then you should probably buy a different amp.
Phil, why don't you just take your name off the list and move on? Seriously? This journey has been way much too stressful for you. It is time to give yourself a break and enjoy music, in whichever way you can! There will be, and there are may other amps you may want to use instead of the BHSE.
so far they have only done an outstanding job laser engraving expensive, discontinued part numbers onto cheaper parts. unless i am buying from a very reputable supplier i have to have all of my parts tested for authenticity due to the number of counterfeits out there now
Would have to second this although I'm a Chinese...embarrassedly
technology in this kind of high-end audio has been decreasing not increasing. it has become increasingly difficult to source the discrete parts to build these kinds of amplifiers, because their main applications (like CRT TVs) no longer exist. Plenty of parts though if i want to build a LCD screen onto the amp for no reason.
This is really the point, isn't it. Anyone who has attempted DIY at anything approaching this level finds that sourcing the parts is by far the biggest problem and the major source of frustration.
I too, have passed my order anniversary but I console myself that there is very little, if anything out there except DIY of the Stax esoterica that comes close to the perfection of a BHSE. With a personal flavour of Stax earphone & perhaps tubes, this is going to be as good as it gets for me. I don't want a nearly BHSE with second hand or wider tolerance parts. 12 months, 18 months, whatever it takes. Most people here know that the BHSE could, perhaps should, be much more expensive. Relax, let the BH meister weave his magic & think about the pain of commisioning or building a BHSE or anything equivalent. I look at it as sub-contracting my frustration whilst I just listen to music.
Agree and this is coming from someone with a pair of sealed 009s sitting in a closet waiting to be used.
Better to test them and burn-in in warranty period.
there where some 009 with imbalanceproblems delivered.
I had one of them.
Edited by karlgerman - 10/15/13 at 10:10pm
Yeah, I'd like to just don't have a stat amp.
I am posting because I want to help dispel the impression that those of us waiting for the current batch of BHSEs are all that discontent at the delay. Yes, I have been waiting a while (since August 2012, longer than many, not as long as some), and yes, I would love for the wait to be over, but I can't say that I am upset that Justin has taken the time to make sure that all the parts are up to his standards. Nor do I want him in any way to rush and possibly compromise the last stages of the fabrication. I am happy to get it when he is satisfied that he is ready to ship it to me.
Not discontent, just impatient.
I was quite serious! As time goes by, things often change faster than we could imagine -this is true especially for technology.
Edited by johnwmclean - 10/16/13 at 2:56am
My color choice was blue, but this is not an important matter: pink, if it exists, is acceptable too.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics,... 34 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)