It's on the 006t but apparently not on the 007. That just means crap source or you are running the amp harder and thus the tube limitation comes into effect.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 9/9/16 at 5:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 251
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
007t has a switch but input 2 works both as RCA and XLR and you must set the switch after what you use. 007t ii has three inputs and input three is only balanced according to the picture. This is a change that is more user friendly because many users have difficulty understanding the thinking behind a common input with a switch. I didn't know that before I saw the picture.
HeadAmp is essentially only Justin. Although he could hire people to do work for him, like testing tubes as you mentioned, he once posted (and I'm paraphrasing, but it's the same point): "Hiring people would raise prices". As you can see, Justin is the sort of person who would rather keep prices low instead of inflating them from unneeded labor costs. (He's also sort of a perfectionist as well though.)
Also you should really follow HeadAmp on Facebook if you want to learn more about Justin's business. I've found it educational myself.
Btw, while you might be one person who's interested in rolling tubes in the BHSE, alternate tubes don't have much of an effect in a hybrid amp (as the BHSE is). Plus, I for one am glad that HeadAmp doesn't sell alternate tubes to complicate the product. I'm not a fan of the Woo Audio model (for example) where they offer so many amp upgrades and tubes, it's hard to decide which upgrade and/or tube set to get. I always thought the BHSE sounded absolutely fantastic with the stock Mullard EL34s. I don't know why anyone would want to bother with anything else, especially when the tubes won't affect the sound that much anyway. I definitely regretted my purchase of the Genalex Gold Lion KT77s - the price wasn't worth the marginal sonic difference.
Thank you Asr for giving your opinion and these precisions. I agree on the fact that options should be as few as possible. For instance, I'm wondering whether the pot option on the BHSE is really useful: get the best, and forget about this, since the price difference is tiny. In a recent post, Justin wrote he would offer a Shuguang Treasure tube option; according to several contributors, these tubes are perceptibly -not highly!- better than the standard Mullards. The only question is the price of this option, and when and how to chose it. I'm somewhat cautious about Facebook... Best regards
agreed, increasing the price by nearly 20% seems pretty substantial to me as well...
I don't think that that has ever been up for debate. Saying the opposite is just silly.
(I am not saying that it is not worthy, just that it is not, indeed, by any mean, a “tiny” difference in price.)
Edited by satorarepotenet - 8/3/13 at 1:54pm
You're right 'tiny' isn't the right word. I should have used 'acceptable', for instance.
I know the BHSE does not need a matched quad, but rather two matched pairs. 1) Just to be certain, would one matched pair of tubes go in the back and one in the front, or should one matched pair go on the left and one on the front? 2) If I had one nos pair of Mullards and one one new pair of tubes (say Winged SEDs) would there be any reason to favor one position (say the Mullards in the back)? 3) Is there any reason not to mix a nos pair of Mullards and a good new issue pair?
Probably dumb questions, but I'd rather be embarrased at having asked than sorry I didn't.
Thanks in advance.
All 4 tubes should be identical and the amp is split left and right so a matched pair on the right side, a matched pair of the left side.
Another likely noobish question but when do you change tubes on the BHSE - is it similarly to good ol valve guitar amps where you can tell if the output power is lower, or microphonic, and in some cases tube colour changes significantly.
Sigh...I wish they had a lay-by or pay in installments at headamp.
i plan to post a photo update sometime in the next week that will show exactly where assembly is right now. it should be very informative
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge just now
- › Three Word Story 17 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 52 seconds ago
- › The 3 heavy weights and other audio myths... Abyss VS Utopia VS... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Need IEM advice, don't know what to do anymore... 3 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...