It's on the 006t but apparently not on the 007. That just means crap source or you are running the amp harder and thus the tube limitation comes into effect.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on Today at 4:46 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 251
007t has a switch but input 2 works both as RCA and XLR and you must set the switch after what you use. 007t ii has three inputs and input three is only balanced according to the picture. This is a change that is more user friendly because many users have difficulty understanding the thinking behind a common input with a switch. I didn't know that before I saw the picture.
HeadAmp is essentially only Justin. Although he could hire people to do work for him, like testing tubes as you mentioned, he once posted (and I'm paraphrasing, but it's the same point): "Hiring people would raise prices". As you can see, Justin is the sort of person who would rather keep prices low instead of inflating them from unneeded labor costs. (He's also sort of a perfectionist as well though.)
Also you should really follow HeadAmp on Facebook if you want to learn more about Justin's business. I've found it educational myself.
Btw, while you might be one person who's interested in rolling tubes in the BHSE, alternate tubes don't have much of an effect in a hybrid amp (as the BHSE is). Plus, I for one am glad that HeadAmp doesn't sell alternate tubes to complicate the product. I'm not a fan of the Woo Audio model (for example) where they offer so many amp upgrades and tubes, it's hard to decide which upgrade and/or tube set to get. I always thought the BHSE sounded absolutely fantastic with the stock Mullard EL34s. I don't know why anyone would want to bother with anything else, especially when the tubes won't affect the sound that much anyway. I definitely regretted my purchase of the Genalex Gold Lion KT77s - the price wasn't worth the marginal sonic difference.
Thank you Asr for giving your opinion and these precisions. I agree on the fact that options should be as few as possible. For instance, I'm wondering whether the pot option on the BHSE is really useful: get the best, and forget about this, since the price difference is tiny. In a recent post, Justin wrote he would offer a Shuguang Treasure tube option; according to several contributors, these tubes are perceptibly -not highly!- better than the standard Mullards. The only question is the price of this option, and when and how to chose it. I'm somewhat cautious about Facebook... Best regards
agreed, increasing the price by nearly 20% seems pretty substantial to me as well...
I don't think that that has ever been up for debate. Saying the opposite is just silly.
(I am not saying that it is not worthy, just that it is not, indeed, by any mean, a “tiny” difference in price.)
Edited by satorarepotenet - 8/3/13 at 1:54pm
You're right 'tiny' isn't the right word. I should have used 'acceptable', for instance.
I know the BHSE does not need a matched quad, but rather two matched pairs. 1) Just to be certain, would one matched pair of tubes go in the back and one in the front, or should one matched pair go on the left and one on the front? 2) If I had one nos pair of Mullards and one one new pair of tubes (say Winged SEDs) would there be any reason to favor one position (say the Mullards in the back)? 3) Is there any reason not to mix a nos pair of Mullards and a good new issue pair?
Probably dumb questions, but I'd rather be embarrased at having asked than sorry I didn't.
Thanks in advance.
All 4 tubes should be identical and the amp is split left and right so a matched pair on the right side, a matched pair of the left side.
Another likely noobish question but when do you change tubes on the BHSE - is it similarly to good ol valve guitar amps where you can tell if the output power is lower, or microphonic, and in some cases tube colour changes significantly.
Sigh...I wish they had a lay-by or pay in installments at headamp.
i plan to post a photo update sometime in the next week that will show exactly where assembly is right now. it should be very informative
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › For sale: Sennheiser HD800 headphones 27 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p - Price Drop 3 minutes ago
- › Which one? AKG Q701 vs. BeyerDynamics Custom Pro's vs ... 7 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 11 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 14 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)