Come on Beefy - tell us how you really feel!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 3/20/13 at 10:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 3/2/14 at 9:46am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 246
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I challenge you to go back through all of Phil's posts in this thread and find a single post that hasn't been a total emo whinge.
Between crap like this, plus sachu's efforts in the Stax thread, I really wonder why I bother coming back.
Hello DerekIs the BHSE numbering related to the current batch (i.e., it restarts from 1 with each new batch), or is it absolute (if x is the number of the last BHSE in batch N, x+1 will be the BHSE number of batch N+1)I have ordered my BHSE in Oct 2012, and I'm still waiting for it!Regards
I have a pair of Stax SR009's on order.
Im now in the process of learning/figuring out which amp to buy... Phil95, your BHSE order has been pending for 9 months???
I like them.
Will you qualify the plate voltage for at least two matched pairs if not matched quads and sell them to those of us that already have the BHSE?
I have paid for my bhse in 6/11/2012 , actually i don't mind to wait but i need to keep contact with him , i haven't receive any reply in this three months.
Edited by Derek12345 - 7/27/13 at 8:36pm
i dont see any order on that date and i dont know your email address. why dont you contact me?
edit: nevermind, i'm American..
Edited by justin w. - 7/27/13 at 9:02pm
How about looking back at your own posts in this thread:
I disagree with The Monkey. You fail at adding constructive posts to this thread and use it more often to denigrate others. Not to say that you haven't added info to this thread at other times, but I for one am tired of seeing your constant denigration of various Head-Fi members who are just asking questions - it doesn't add anything useful to the thread (other than "popcorn entertainment") and says more about you than them.
The BHSE lead time has long been established as being very long, so long waits shouldn't be a surprise for anyone at this point. The people who ordered the very first batch of BHSEs that was made all waited about a year (I was one of them - my BHSE was serial #5), or even longer. Btw, if you noticed the edit on Justin's post, the logical conclusion is that Derek12345 likely ordered his on Nov 6 '12.
Edited by Asr - 7/27/13 at 10:08pm
i've doubled the size of each BHSE production run, and each time it hasn't been enough, that's why there is a long wait.
This has happened to me now as well , when removing one of the PH's from the BHSE, very, very carefully, holding only the base. But it's such a tight fit that the tubes have to be rocked slightly or they just won't come out. What a pain. As it happens, I can re-insert the tube by location of the serial number tab, and the sound is as glorious as ever (and better than I last reported at the 50-60 hour mark).
Thanks for the link audiosceptic. In this instance, I could just about get by without the centre pin, but it's an accident waiting to happen if I don't get it sorted.
Edit: Regarding Popcorn Wars, I agree with Asr
Edited by TheAttorney - 7/27/13 at 11:13pm
This is much faster comparatively to the first and second batch. Justin stuff is worth the wait though.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude