Come on Beefy - tell us how you really feel!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 8/26/15 at 9:37am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 246
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I challenge you to go back through all of Phil's posts in this thread and find a single post that hasn't been a total emo whinge.
Between crap like this, plus sachu's efforts in the Stax thread, I really wonder why I bother coming back.
Hello DerekIs the BHSE numbering related to the current batch (i.e., it restarts from 1 with each new batch), or is it absolute (if x is the number of the last BHSE in batch N, x+1 will be the BHSE number of batch N+1)I have ordered my BHSE in Oct 2012, and I'm still waiting for it!Regards
I have a pair of Stax SR009's on order.
Im now in the process of learning/figuring out which amp to buy... Phil95, your BHSE order has been pending for 9 months???
I like them.
Will you qualify the plate voltage for at least two matched pairs if not matched quads and sell them to those of us that already have the BHSE?
I have paid for my bhse in 6/11/2012 , actually i don't mind to wait but i need to keep contact with him , i haven't receive any reply in this three months.
Edited by Derek12345 - 7/27/13 at 8:36pm
i dont see any order on that date and i dont know your email address. why dont you contact me?
edit: nevermind, i'm American..
Edited by justin w. - 7/27/13 at 9:02pm
How about looking back at your own posts in this thread:
I disagree with The Monkey. You fail at adding constructive posts to this thread and use it more often to denigrate others. Not to say that you haven't added info to this thread at other times, but I for one am tired of seeing your constant denigration of various Head-Fi members who are just asking questions - it doesn't add anything useful to the thread (other than "popcorn entertainment") and says more about you than them.
The BHSE lead time has long been established as being very long, so long waits shouldn't be a surprise for anyone at this point. The people who ordered the very first batch of BHSEs that was made all waited about a year (I was one of them - my BHSE was serial #5), or even longer. Btw, if you noticed the edit on Justin's post, the logical conclusion is that Derek12345 likely ordered his on Nov 6 '12.
Edited by Asr - 7/27/13 at 10:08pm
i've doubled the size of each BHSE production run, and each time it hasn't been enough, that's why there is a long wait.
This has happened to me now as well , when removing one of the PH's from the BHSE, very, very carefully, holding only the base. But it's such a tight fit that the tubes have to be rocked slightly or they just won't come out. What a pain. As it happens, I can re-insert the tube by location of the serial number tab, and the sound is as glorious as ever (and better than I last reported at the 50-60 hour mark).
Thanks for the link audiosceptic. In this instance, I could just about get by without the centre pin, but it's an accident waiting to happen if I don't get it sorted.
Edit: Regarding Popcorn Wars, I agree with Asr
Edited by TheAttorney - 7/27/13 at 11:13pm
This is much faster comparatively to the first and second batch. Justin stuff is worth the wait though.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HeadAmp Pico DAC/Amp - Silver, Brand New, Australia 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 12 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2