Come on Beefy - tell us how you really feel!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 4/6/14 at 1:43pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 246
I challenge you to go back through all of Phil's posts in this thread and find a single post that hasn't been a total emo whinge.
Between crap like this, plus sachu's efforts in the Stax thread, I really wonder why I bother coming back.
Hello DerekIs the BHSE numbering related to the current batch (i.e., it restarts from 1 with each new batch), or is it absolute (if x is the number of the last BHSE in batch N, x+1 will be the BHSE number of batch N+1)I have ordered my BHSE in Oct 2012, and I'm still waiting for it!Regards
I have a pair of Stax SR009's on order.
Im now in the process of learning/figuring out which amp to buy... Phil95, your BHSE order has been pending for 9 months???
I like them.
Will you qualify the plate voltage for at least two matched pairs if not matched quads and sell them to those of us that already have the BHSE?
I have paid for my bhse in 6/11/2012 , actually i don't mind to wait but i need to keep contact with him , i haven't receive any reply in this three months.
Edited by Derek12345 - 7/27/13 at 8:36pm
i dont see any order on that date and i dont know your email address. why dont you contact me?
edit: nevermind, i'm American..
Edited by justin w. - 7/27/13 at 9:02pm
How about looking back at your own posts in this thread:
I disagree with The Monkey. You fail at adding constructive posts to this thread and use it more often to denigrate others. Not to say that you haven't added info to this thread at other times, but I for one am tired of seeing your constant denigration of various Head-Fi members who are just asking questions - it doesn't add anything useful to the thread (other than "popcorn entertainment") and says more about you than them.
The BHSE lead time has long been established as being very long, so long waits shouldn't be a surprise for anyone at this point. The people who ordered the very first batch of BHSEs that was made all waited about a year (I was one of them - my BHSE was serial #5), or even longer. Btw, if you noticed the edit on Justin's post, the logical conclusion is that Derek12345 likely ordered his on Nov 6 '12.
Edited by Asr - 7/27/13 at 10:08pm
i've doubled the size of each BHSE production run, and each time it hasn't been enough, that's why there is a long wait.
This has happened to me now as well , when removing one of the PH's from the BHSE, very, very carefully, holding only the base. But it's such a tight fit that the tubes have to be rocked slightly or they just won't come out. What a pain. As it happens, I can re-insert the tube by location of the serial number tab, and the sound is as glorious as ever (and better than I last reported at the 50-60 hour mark).
Thanks for the link audiosceptic. In this instance, I could just about get by without the centre pin, but it's an accident waiting to happen if I don't get it sorted.
Edit: Regarding Popcorn Wars, I agree with Asr
Edited by TheAttorney - 7/27/13 at 11:13pm
This is much faster comparatively to the first and second batch. Justin stuff is worth the wait though.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 56 seconds ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 6 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob