Come on Beefy - tell us how you really feel!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 3/20/13 at 10:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 12/15/13 at 10:05pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 246
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I challenge you to go back through all of Phil's posts in this thread and find a single post that hasn't been a total emo whinge.
Between crap like this, plus sachu's efforts in the Stax thread, I really wonder why I bother coming back.
Hello DerekIs the BHSE numbering related to the current batch (i.e., it restarts from 1 with each new batch), or is it absolute (if x is the number of the last BHSE in batch N, x+1 will be the BHSE number of batch N+1)I have ordered my BHSE in Oct 2012, and I'm still waiting for it!Regards
I have a pair of Stax SR009's on order.
Im now in the process of learning/figuring out which amp to buy... Phil95, your BHSE order has been pending for 9 months???
I like them.
Will you qualify the plate voltage for at least two matched pairs if not matched quads and sell them to those of us that already have the BHSE?
I have paid for my bhse in 6/11/2012 , actually i don't mind to wait but i need to keep contact with him , i haven't receive any reply in this three months.
Edited by Derek12345 - 7/27/13 at 8:36pm
i dont see any order on that date and i dont know your email address. why dont you contact me?
edit: nevermind, i'm American..
Edited by justin w. - 7/27/13 at 9:02pm
How about looking back at your own posts in this thread:
I disagree with The Monkey. You fail at adding constructive posts to this thread and use it more often to denigrate others. Not to say that you haven't added info to this thread at other times, but I for one am tired of seeing your constant denigration of various Head-Fi members who are just asking questions - it doesn't add anything useful to the thread (other than "popcorn entertainment") and says more about you than them.
The BHSE lead time has long been established as being very long, so long waits shouldn't be a surprise for anyone at this point. The people who ordered the very first batch of BHSEs that was made all waited about a year (I was one of them - my BHSE was serial #5), or even longer. Btw, if you noticed the edit on Justin's post, the logical conclusion is that Derek12345 likely ordered his on Nov 6 '12.
Edited by Asr - 7/27/13 at 10:08pm
i've doubled the size of each BHSE production run, and each time it hasn't been enough, that's why there is a long wait.
This has happened to me now as well , when removing one of the PH's from the BHSE, very, very carefully, holding only the base. But it's such a tight fit that the tubes have to be rocked slightly or they just won't come out. What a pain. As it happens, I can re-insert the tube by location of the serial number tab, and the sound is as glorious as ever (and better than I last reported at the 50-60 hour mark).
Thanks for the link audiosceptic. In this instance, I could just about get by without the centre pin, but it's an accident waiting to happen if I don't get it sorted.
Edit: Regarding Popcorn Wars, I agree with Asr
Edited by TheAttorney - 7/27/13 at 11:13pm
This is much faster comparatively to the first and second batch. Justin stuff is worth the wait though.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 10 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Denon D5000(w/ original box) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones with deep bass, but clear mids and highs? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe