Please post, ThrillerUSA!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 7/13/14 at 10:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 243
Sorry to go all off topic, but can't resist!
Definitely a fan here! Mark, sorry to hear your MotorCzysz failed to make it around for you this year. Looks like you had solid rides in the senior and superbike races.
Good to see a yank over there riding the mountain fast!
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/14/13 at 11:48pm
PLease let us know, as soon as possible -breaking-in, amp settings- how they compare with other tubes in your opinion.
Unfortunately they don't have blingy gold bases nor do come they come in a expensive fancy box
If you like them and are looking for a backup quad, let me know. I'll sell you my matched quad for half of what you paid Tube Depot. They have about 100 hours on them.
Been experimenting with different fuse brands and schemes this week while I wait for the EL34PH quads to arrive. My initial findings on the fuses are the AMR golds are too dark and laid back for my taste in both the Wireworld main leads to the amp and digital source, and when swapped inside the amp at the the IEC inlet. Russ Andrews cryo were rubbish all around and Hi-fi Tuning Supremes arrive today.
The 13A AMR gold did however prove to add better blacks and improved (very clean) saturation of colors to my plasma display when added to it's mains lead. Really happy about this finding.
I never realized before how much fuses affect picture, the changes are not subtle.
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/29/13 at 4:39pm
Four days total transaction time from eBay purchase > ship from China > arrive Isle of Man, UK.
DHL $43 USD, not too shabby.
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/29/13 at 4:40pm
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 30 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 47 seconds ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile by accident . The Hobby: An Unexpected Journey 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)