Please post, ThrillerUSA!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 7/13/14 at 10:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 243
Sorry to go all off topic, but can't resist!
Definitely a fan here! Mark, sorry to hear your MotorCzysz failed to make it around for you this year. Looks like you had solid rides in the senior and superbike races.
Good to see a yank over there riding the mountain fast!
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/14/13 at 11:48pm
PLease let us know, as soon as possible -breaking-in, amp settings- how they compare with other tubes in your opinion.
Unfortunately they don't have blingy gold bases nor do come they come in a expensive fancy box
If you like them and are looking for a backup quad, let me know. I'll sell you my matched quad for half of what you paid Tube Depot. They have about 100 hours on them.
Been experimenting with different fuse brands and schemes this week while I wait for the EL34PH quads to arrive. My initial findings on the fuses are the AMR golds are too dark and laid back for my taste in both the Wireworld main leads to the amp and digital source, and when swapped inside the amp at the the IEC inlet. Russ Andrews cryo were rubbish all around and Hi-fi Tuning Supremes arrive today.
The 13A AMR gold did however prove to add better blacks and improved (very clean) saturation of colors to my plasma display when added to it's mains lead. Really happy about this finding.
I never realized before how much fuses affect picture, the changes are not subtle.
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/29/13 at 4:39pm
Four days total transaction time from eBay purchase > ship from China > arrive Isle of Man, UK.
DHL $43 USD, not too shabby.
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/29/13 at 4:40pm
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 34 seconds ago
- › Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations 58 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560: AN IMPROVED HE-500? OR SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT? 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Was there a Sony MDR-V7? 4 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)