Please post, ThrillerUSA!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 4/6/14 at 1:43pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 243
Sorry to go all off topic, but can't resist!
Definitely a fan here! Mark, sorry to hear your MotorCzysz failed to make it around for you this year. Looks like you had solid rides in the senior and superbike races.
Good to see a yank over there riding the mountain fast!
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/14/13 at 11:48pm
PLease let us know, as soon as possible -breaking-in, amp settings- how they compare with other tubes in your opinion.
Unfortunately they don't have blingy gold bases nor do come they come in a expensive fancy box
If you like them and are looking for a backup quad, let me know. I'll sell you my matched quad for half of what you paid Tube Depot. They have about 100 hours on them.
Been experimenting with different fuse brands and schemes this week while I wait for the EL34PH quads to arrive. My initial findings on the fuses are the AMR golds are too dark and laid back for my taste in both the Wireworld main leads to the amp and digital source, and when swapped inside the amp at the the IEC inlet. Russ Andrews cryo were rubbish all around and Hi-fi Tuning Supremes arrive today.
The 13A AMR gold did however prove to add better blacks and improved (very clean) saturation of colors to my plasma display when added to it's mains lead. Really happy about this finding.
I never realized before how much fuses affect picture, the changes are not subtle.
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/29/13 at 4:39pm
Four days total transaction time from eBay purchase > ship from China > arrive Isle of Man, UK.
DHL $43 USD, not too shabby.
Edited by ThrillerUSA - 7/29/13 at 4:40pm
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 20 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 21 seconds ago
- › Motorcycle-Fi 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 50 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Need help in choosing under 30$ IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ever seen a pair of Sony MDR-CD3000s go for $60? 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob