It's on the first page.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 5/23/15 at 5:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 182
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
yes, and i will be adding purple to the 3rd batch if there is any interest.
I wonder if it made it in the "Best looking tube amp" list?
As you know the BHSE is black in the photo, it's just I prefer Silver.
The BHSE on Headamp's site is the gray.
Doh! And there was me thinking that was a black one with a slightly over exposed shot. It's only obvious on the site if you happen to glance at the url.
One other thing that may not be so obvious, for those that haven't read this whole thread, is that the black front panel (and other bits like the tube bases) is high gloss and "blacker" than the matte powder-like finish of the rest of the unit. You can see this in the first post (which has silver tube bases). I quite like that, but I think I'd have been just as happy with the grey version, now that I know it's "elegant" grey.
In the first post, where there is a picture of the black one, the front panel seems thiner than for the silver one. Is this only an effect of the black? The same here, the front panel seems to be made of two pieces, which is not the case for the silver one: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bhse&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=664&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ixc7P7ku3dF91M:&imgrefurl=http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/390&docid=34eLZopGiUJW5M&imgurl=http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/65/1000x500px-LL-656ff7a3_BHSE.jpg&w=1000&h=430&ei=jayqUKflLoer0AG02oHADg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=334&sig=110532158543644333903&page=2&tbnh=129&tbnw=270&start=16&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:33,s:0,i:176&tx=198&ty=55
Edited by satorarepotenet - 11/19/12 at 2:10pm
Well, I guess that Justin will tell us. I suspect that the front panel changed from one batch to another... Otherwise, the blue is not an option for me. It will be the black one or the silver one.
same front panel, same for every color
Different cameras and different monitors will change the colour slightly.
So till will Photoshop....
justin - looks to me the faceplate is easy to dismantle. you may want to consider selling it as an accessories. if you do, i want the purple ones. and gold too if one day you decided to make it. oh yeah, the knob too
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 21 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 9 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2