It's on the first page.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 9/20/14 at 6:55pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 182
yes, and i will be adding purple to the 3rd batch if there is any interest.
I wonder if it made it in the "Best looking tube amp" list?
As you know the BHSE is black in the photo, it's just I prefer Silver.
The BHSE on Headamp's site is the gray.
Doh! And there was me thinking that was a black one with a slightly over exposed shot. It's only obvious on the site if you happen to glance at the url.
One other thing that may not be so obvious, for those that haven't read this whole thread, is that the black front panel (and other bits like the tube bases) is high gloss and "blacker" than the matte powder-like finish of the rest of the unit. You can see this in the first post (which has silver tube bases). I quite like that, but I think I'd have been just as happy with the grey version, now that I know it's "elegant" grey.
In the first post, where there is a picture of the black one, the front panel seems thiner than for the silver one. Is this only an effect of the black? The same here, the front panel seems to be made of two pieces, which is not the case for the silver one: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bhse&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=664&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ixc7P7ku3dF91M:&imgrefurl=http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/390&docid=34eLZopGiUJW5M&imgurl=http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/65/1000x500px-LL-656ff7a3_BHSE.jpg&w=1000&h=430&ei=jayqUKflLoer0AG02oHADg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=334&sig=110532158543644333903&page=2&tbnh=129&tbnw=270&start=16&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:33,s:0,i:176&tx=198&ty=55
Edited by satorarepotenet - 11/19/12 at 2:10pm
Well, I guess that Justin will tell us. I suspect that the front panel changed from one batch to another... Otherwise, the blue is not an option for me. It will be the black one or the silver one.
same front panel, same for every color
Different cameras and different monitors will change the colour slightly.
So till will Photoshop....
justin - looks to me the faceplate is easy to dismantle. you may want to consider selling it as an accessories. if you do, i want the purple ones. and gold too if one day you decided to make it. oh yeah, the knob too
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › "Proven" headphone / amp combo's just now
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 9 seconds ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › How can I prevent my cords from getting destroyed by my office chair? 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)