It's on the first page.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 4/6/14 at 10:01pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 182
yes, and i will be adding purple to the 3rd batch if there is any interest.
I wonder if it made it in the "Best looking tube amp" list?
As you know the BHSE is black in the photo, it's just I prefer Silver.
The BHSE on Headamp's site is the gray.
Doh! And there was me thinking that was a black one with a slightly over exposed shot. It's only obvious on the site if you happen to glance at the url.
One other thing that may not be so obvious, for those that haven't read this whole thread, is that the black front panel (and other bits like the tube bases) is high gloss and "blacker" than the matte powder-like finish of the rest of the unit. You can see this in the first post (which has silver tube bases). I quite like that, but I think I'd have been just as happy with the grey version, now that I know it's "elegant" grey.
In the first post, where there is a picture of the black one, the front panel seems thiner than for the silver one. Is this only an effect of the black? The same here, the front panel seems to be made of two pieces, which is not the case for the silver one: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=bhse&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=664&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ixc7P7ku3dF91M:&imgrefurl=http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/390&docid=34eLZopGiUJW5M&imgurl=http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/65/1000x500px-LL-656ff7a3_BHSE.jpg&w=1000&h=430&ei=jayqUKflLoer0AG02oHADg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=334&sig=110532158543644333903&page=2&tbnh=129&tbnw=270&start=16&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:33,s:0,i:176&tx=198&ty=55
Edited by satorarepotenet - 11/19/12 at 2:10pm
Well, I guess that Justin will tell us. I suspect that the front panel changed from one batch to another... Otherwise, the blue is not an option for me. It will be the black one or the silver one.
same front panel, same for every color
Different cameras and different monitors will change the colour slightly.
So till will Photoshop....
justin - looks to me the faceplate is easy to dismantle. you may want to consider selling it as an accessories. if you do, i want the purple ones. and gold too if one day you decided to make it. oh yeah, the knob too
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 6 seconds ago
- › Ayre QB-9 DSD 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF78 or similar $200 alternatives? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › HRT MicroStreamer 7 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 8 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)