I haven't spoken to any audio engineer but before I bought the K-01, I auditioned it from the audio dealer I got it from. I never asked him if he had any problems with Teac, I just bought it because it has the three things I'm looking for in audio equipment, SQ + build quality and looks. I assumed that with the K-01 being so expensive, Teac would have used the best of everything so it never entered my head that they hadn't. If it's true this isn't the case, then Teac should start using the best of everything and not charge existing owner for fitting them. At least I've no such problems with the BHSE, or at least I don't think so.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- What amps have you got your eye on? Last post on 11/4/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SR009 / WES / BHSE / LL hit the mainstream Last post on 3/20/13 at 10:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Electrostatic amp suggestions under $1500? GES the only choice? Last post on 6/3/10 at 10:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
- Headphone Impedance
Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 176
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Knurled Cup Point Socket Set Screw, 18-8 SS, 6-32 Thread, 3/16" Length
McMaster-Carr part # 93445A215
Can you please respond to a refund request which I pm'd you and e-mailed you earlier this week. Just an acknowledgement that you received it would be nice.
Interesting. If I may ask, why the DACT 24 steps would be a better choice than the Khozmo 48?
Some folks have problems with theirs Khozmos, just too many complains about reliability.
I got mine a year ago, just installed recently and love it. The step action is nice and sound as good as DACT if not better. But I say that Khozmo must improve their design and quality if they want to continue to sell them.
Update on BHSE Batch #3:
Parts continue to arrive daily. The circuit boards can be assembled now while waiting for the enclosures to be finished machining. The 3rd batch is about 70% sold out.
Just a small update - The 3rd batch of the BHSE will be the last opportunity to get a BHSE with a jack for the Sennheiser HE90 (Orpheus) headphones, after that, all amps will be built with 2 Stax jacks only
Hi Justin, I just ordered a BHSE and sent you a pm. Thanks.
- Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 32 seconds ago
- › Playing Cold Vinyl LPs - a bad idea? 1 minute ago
- › should i buy an amp for steelseries siberia v2 or else buy an new... 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 3 minutes ago
- › Need some recommendations for an upgrade from V-moda crossfades 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe