I managed to pick up a fake pair of PortaPros once. I have no idea how that happened since they are so cheap as it is....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Koss Portapro? Last post on 11/13/10 at 1:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I buy portapro frame/headband or portapro fake? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- buyer beware: fake porta pros Last post on 11/4/10 at 6:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Possibly fake PortaPro (Help me!) - Page 4post #46 of 506/8/12 at 2:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 508/21/12 at 7:28pm
I ordered these fake Porta-Pros from this seller and it came in the fake box and all and I knew all they way along that they would be fake.
What surprise me is that they sound great (I also own modded KSC-75's and the KSC/35's) so I should know/notice the difference in sound.
The fake ones have 60ohms drivers, I test them myself with my meter and they seem to have the same drivers as my KSC/35's.
They do sound really good.post #48 of 5012/11/12 at 11:47amI had wanted an inexpensive travel/portable headphone replacement and after searching for all the alternatives, settled on a KOSS PortaPro.
Search all the threads/vids to enable distinguishing real from fake, then purchased one from Amazon for just under £21 as this will not hurt if damaged/lost during travel.
With great anticipation when opening the Amazon box to determin real or fake, I was flabergasted with disapointment.
Lol and behold, they have changed the packaging. The headphone came inside a transparent container which is inside a matt black cardboard box with a portruding (out-dented as opposed to indented) glossy image of the headphone, it is not a sticker.
The number on both sides are neither 1, 4 or 3, both sides have 2s inside the circles. The foams are all of the same shade.
When 1st plugged into my laptop, the bass seem to over power everything else (cobwebs) , it gradually changed and it now sounds very good considering the cost of purchase. Having installed a Stopwatch & Timer App (stickler for preciseness), I am burning them with Pink Noise, will check on the sound quality in the 100 hours.
I wholeheartedly believe this is the real Mccoy, if it's fake then they have surpassed themselves and I quite like this product.
SOS ppl, tried but unable to upload or attach images of the box and wrapping..............seems I don't have permission.post #49 of 5012/11/12 at 2:38pm
This is crazy that they actually make fakes of something with so little value in the first place. Sorry to all who have received the fake ones. I ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk AGES ago. I'm always skeptical on eBay nowadays unless I know the same item has been purchase multiple times before.post #50 of 5012/12/12 at 4:04pmCheaper items sell more in terms of volume (pardon my pun) therefore the probability of getting away with it are much greater.
I generally prefer to purchase from reputable sellers........................................definitely not eBay.
No offence to eBay reputable traders but those who cheat on that site have long since destroyed its integrity.
Edit: Just watched a video and this lady explained that one of her older KOSS PortaPro have an angled jack whereas her recent set have straight jack.......as my received purchase also have an angled jack, now I'm wondering if my headphone is an new old stock...... I mean old old. Curious, but on hindsight the black matt box seems to be manufactured to a very high/modern standard in regard to the protruded gloss image and ten years ago this technology/design of manufacture were not seen.
Matt cardboard box.............................................................interior plastic headphone housing. (without headphone)
Now able to upload images, hope these will help.
Edited by JaiSAn - 12/12/12 at 6:07pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Possibly fake PortaPro (Help me!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K812 Pro 52 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude