I managed to pick up a fake pair of PortaPros once. I have no idea how that happened since they are so cheap as it is....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Koss Portapro? Last post on 11/13/10 at 1:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I buy portapro frame/headband or portapro fake? Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:26am in Portable Headphone Amps
- buyer beware: fake porta pros Last post on 11/4/10 at 6:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I want to start by saying thanks to Brainwavz for making this near excellent phone and Selsera for sending me a sample unit . And about Brainwavz , its around for nearly 7-8 years and has...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Possibly fake PortaPro (Help me!) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I ordered these fake Porta-Pros from this seller and it came in the fake box and all and I knew all they way along that they would be fake.
What surprise me is that they sound great (I also own modded KSC-75's and the KSC/35's) so I should know/notice the difference in sound.
The fake ones have 60ohms drivers, I test them myself with my meter and they seem to have the same drivers as my KSC/35's.
They do sound really good.
Search all the threads/vids to enable distinguishing real from fake, then purchased one from Amazon for just under £21 as this will not hurt if damaged/lost during travel.
With great anticipation when opening the Amazon box to determin real or fake, I was flabergasted with disapointment.
Lol and behold, they have changed the packaging. The headphone came inside a transparent container which is inside a matt black cardboard box with a portruding (out-dented as opposed to indented) glossy image of the headphone, it is not a sticker.
The number on both sides are neither 1, 4 or 3, both sides have 2s inside the circles. The foams are all of the same shade.
When 1st plugged into my laptop, the bass seem to over power everything else (cobwebs) , it gradually changed and it now sounds very good considering the cost of purchase. Having installed a Stopwatch & Timer App (stickler for preciseness), I am burning them with Pink Noise, will check on the sound quality in the 100 hours.
I wholeheartedly believe this is the real Mccoy, if it's fake then they have surpassed themselves and I quite like this product.
SOS ppl, tried but unable to upload or attach images of the box and wrapping..............seems I don't have permission.
This is crazy that they actually make fakes of something with so little value in the first place. Sorry to all who have received the fake ones. I ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk AGES ago. I'm always skeptical on eBay nowadays unless I know the same item has been purchase multiple times before.
I generally prefer to purchase from reputable sellers........................................definitely not eBay.
No offence to eBay reputable traders but those who cheat on that site have long since destroyed its integrity.
Edit: Just watched a video and this lady explained that one of her older KOSS PortaPro have an angled jack whereas her recent set have straight jack.......as my received purchase also have an angled jack, now I'm wondering if my headphone is an new old stock...... I mean old old. Curious, but on hindsight the black matt box seems to be manufactured to a very high/modern standard in regard to the protruded gloss image and ten years ago this technology/design of manufacture were not seen.
Matt cardboard box.............................................................interior plastic headphone housing. (without headphone)
Now able to upload images, hope these will help.
Edited by JaiSAn - 12/12/12 at 6:07pm
- Possibly fake PortaPro (Help me!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 26 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › BitPerfect (was: Audirvana Alternatives) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 4 minutes ago
- › 7th Gen (2009) iPod Classic 160 SQ 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Recommendations on Fun, Bassy, cool looking IEMs... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)