I managed to pick up a fake pair of PortaPros once. I have no idea how that happened since they are so cheap as it is....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Koss Portapro? Last post on 11/13/10 at 1:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I buy portapro frame/headband or portapro fake? Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:26am in Portable Headphone Amps
- buyer beware: fake porta pros Last post on 11/4/10 at 6:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Possibly fake PortaPro (Help me!) - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I ordered these fake Porta-Pros from this seller and it came in the fake box and all and I knew all they way along that they would be fake.
What surprise me is that they sound great (I also own modded KSC-75's and the KSC/35's) so I should know/notice the difference in sound.
The fake ones have 60ohms drivers, I test them myself with my meter and they seem to have the same drivers as my KSC/35's.
They do sound really good.
Search all the threads/vids to enable distinguishing real from fake, then purchased one from Amazon for just under £21 as this will not hurt if damaged/lost during travel.
With great anticipation when opening the Amazon box to determin real or fake, I was flabergasted with disapointment.
Lol and behold, they have changed the packaging. The headphone came inside a transparent container which is inside a matt black cardboard box with a portruding (out-dented as opposed to indented) glossy image of the headphone, it is not a sticker.
The number on both sides are neither 1, 4 or 3, both sides have 2s inside the circles. The foams are all of the same shade.
When 1st plugged into my laptop, the bass seem to over power everything else (cobwebs) , it gradually changed and it now sounds very good considering the cost of purchase. Having installed a Stopwatch & Timer App (stickler for preciseness), I am burning them with Pink Noise, will check on the sound quality in the 100 hours.
I wholeheartedly believe this is the real Mccoy, if it's fake then they have surpassed themselves and I quite like this product.
SOS ppl, tried but unable to upload or attach images of the box and wrapping..............seems I don't have permission.
This is crazy that they actually make fakes of something with so little value in the first place. Sorry to all who have received the fake ones. I ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk AGES ago. I'm always skeptical on eBay nowadays unless I know the same item has been purchase multiple times before.
I generally prefer to purchase from reputable sellers........................................definitely not eBay.
No offence to eBay reputable traders but those who cheat on that site have long since destroyed its integrity.
Edit: Just watched a video and this lady explained that one of her older KOSS PortaPro have an angled jack whereas her recent set have straight jack.......as my received purchase also have an angled jack, now I'm wondering if my headphone is an new old stock...... I mean old old. Curious, but on hindsight the black matt box seems to be manufactured to a very high/modern standard in regard to the protruded gloss image and ten years ago this technology/design of manufacture were not seen.
Matt cardboard box.............................................................interior plastic headphone housing. (without headphone)
Now able to upload images, hope these will help.
Edited by JaiSAn - 12/12/12 at 6:07pm
- Possibly fake PortaPro (Help me!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Step up from K240. 6 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 21 seconds ago
- › Divorce & Love Problem Solution Baba Ji +91-9950620150 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Tantrik Aghori Baba Love Matter Solution +91-9950620150 2 minutes ago
- › Love Vashikaran Kala Jadu Tantrik In Rajasthan +91-9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Love Guru Vashikaran Aghori baba Tantrik +91-9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › Best Speaker for a party 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)