- 86 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Sennheiser HD 600 needs repair
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD 600 are easily repairable, normally by the user.
A dead capsule may actually be a cable fault. The cable unplugs, so the easy way of checking is to unplug the cable and swap the plugs to the other capsule.
If the fault is on the same capsule it's a capsule fault, if it moves with the cable it's a cable fault.
You don't say where you are based, but your local Sennheiser Agent should be able to give you an idea as to costs - but you need to find out where the problem is first. It may well be that all you need is a replacement cable (which you can easily plug in yourself).
I hope this helps.
Sennheiser USA is a lot more reliable than what we have over here, who don't stock parts and one time I called to inquire if they had earpads (so I wouldn't waste time going there on a weekday), the guy who answered seemed puzzled with my inquiry, put me on hold to see who knows what the heck it is I needed, then after five minutes some schmuck (dunno if it's the same guy) put the phone down. I ended up having my brother order from Senn USA then mail the earpads to me, since turf restrictions are there for national/regional dealers, but I didn't have a contact in SG to get them from the region HQ.
You can order spare parts from Sennheiser USA and install them yourself, including drivers, but it's best if you can diagnose the problem properly first. Aside from swapping out the cables disassemble the driver and see if maybe the wire that connects the driver to where the cable goes in has been disconnected. If so try getting them soldered back on properly, that way at least you have one driver matched to the other (assuming it's not broken also).
- Sennheiser HD 600 needs repair
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 8 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear