LaaG, you should call your amp "the Power Pellet".
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 32 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productCOWON Stylus and Stand for D2/D2+tagged by System, 7/7/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- In need to Upgrade my iBasso D-Zero Last post on 11/11/12 at 8:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Portable Source Gear
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV] - Page 214
Gear mentioned in this thread:
sweet! awesome job. forgive my ignorance. what is railsplitter, and what is an AD8620?
is that giant thing on the right the volume knob? why is it so long?
Edited by Br777 - 5/1/11 at 2:23pm
That shall be reserved for the bass boost version! I just need to find some time to miniturize everything and make a new layout. Theres a second version of that case (I think it's Blinky) which looks just as bad***.
In short, a standard CMoy uses 2 resistors+2 capacitors in the power circuit, the TLE2426 railsplitter repalces the resistors and 1 of the capacitors. The AD8620 was an opamp that got alot of hype. I was curious and wanted to know what all the fuss was about.
Yep, you are right. That long thing sticking out on the right is the volume knob. That was the most suitable 10k pot I could find at the time, it hasn't bothered me enough to replace it.
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Is there any comparison between Schiit Yggdrasil and Metrum Pavane? 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 11 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 13 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 14 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 14 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3