LaaG, you should call your amp "the Power Pellet".
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCowon S9 32 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 7/7/10
- productCOWON Stylus and Stand for D2/D2+tagged by System, 7/7/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 7/12/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- In need to Upgrade my iBasso D-Zero Last post on 11/11/12 at 8:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) Last post on Yesterday at 6:56 pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV] - Page 214
Gear mentioned in this thread:
sweet! awesome job. forgive my ignorance. what is railsplitter, and what is an AD8620?
is that giant thing on the right the volume knob? why is it so long?
Edited by Br777 - 5/1/11 at 2:23pm
That shall be reserved for the bass boost version! I just need to find some time to miniturize everything and make a new layout. Theres a second version of that case (I think it's Blinky) which looks just as bad***.
In short, a standard CMoy uses 2 resistors+2 capacitors in the power circuit, the TLE2426 railsplitter repalces the resistors and 1 of the capacitors. The AD8620 was an opamp that got alot of hype. I was curious and wanted to know what all the fuss was about.
Yep, you are right. That long thing sticking out on the right is the volume knob. That was the most suitable 10k pot I could find at the time, it hasn't bothered me enough to replace it.
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 36 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 2 minutes ago
- › Earphones with best isolation for outsiders? 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WHICH COWON PRODUCT HAS THE BEST SOUND QUALITY ? 5 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 5 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob