Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV] - Page 10  

post #136 of 3199


Too bad, would have been very interesting to read...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

I loaned the SM3 to James444 while he borrowed me his HJE900 - I haven't heard them side by side yet, so I really can't say. :)
 

post #137 of 3199

Well, I will get the SM3 back sometimes next week, or the week after - then I can tell you more. :)

post #138 of 3199

Thanks guys. If you have the money, I say go straight for the DIYMOD/ AMP setup. I honestly think that that setup sounds about 25% better than the X Walkman (and that player sounds mighty good already.) It really is a noticeable difference. 


Edited by dissembled - 7/24/10 at 8:31am
post #139 of 3199

Love the rigs guys. I should have my amp sometime early next week so when I get it I'll post pictures and stuff :)

post #140 of 3199

Really looking forward to that!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Well, I will get the SM3 back sometimes next week, or the week after - then I can tell you more. :)

post #141 of 3199


Have you considered using the actual line out of the Sony X..??
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissembled View Post

32 GB DIYMOD → AT AD900 → PICO AMP/DAC

Quite simply the best portable set up I've heard so far.

 

 

 

 

post #142 of 3199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post


Have you considered using the actual line out of the Sony X..??

 

 


I haven't been here for a while. Does amping the line out make a considerable difference? Also, what's a quality (but inexpensive) LOD one should use?

Many thanks guys.

post #143 of 3199
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissembled View Post


I haven't been here for a while. Does amping the line out make a considerable difference? Also, what's a quality (but inexpensive) LOD one should use?

Many thanks guys.


Depends on how good the amp and headphones are. If your amp is alright then you're going to get a slight boost in SQ and more volume. If you have a really good amp and headphones the difference is almost night and day. 

 

Of course it depends on how much money you put into it but if you have the cash laying around for a good amp and headphones, go for it.

 

And a quality LoD? I'd definitely get someone here to make one for you. You can get a good silver or copper (or mix) or whatever one for under 50 bucks....

post #144 of 3199

Thanks for the reply. I own both the Pico amp/dac as well as a pair of AD900s so I think I should hear a considerable difference. I'm thinking of picking up the FIIO LOD for my Walkman so I hope it's suitable enough. I think few here have ever opted to create a Sony LOD. (Many choose not to amp their Walkmans since they sound good at their stock configuration). Haven't been here for a while though so things may have changed.

post #145 of 3199


I purchased this LOD via ebay for my Sony A818, the quality is very very good, sounds awesome to! The Fiio lod is ment to be ok also.

 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sony-Walkman-MP3-Dock-Line-Out-Cable-OFC-Silver-Plated-/280529265510?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4150d8e366
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissembled View Post

Thanks for the reply. I own both the Pico amp/dac as well as a pair of AD900s so I think I should hear a considerable difference. I'm thinking of picking up the FIIO LOD for my Walkman so I hope it's suitable enough. I think few here have ever opted to create a Sony LOD. (Many choose not to amp their Walkmans since they sound good at their stock configuration). Haven't been here for a while though so things may have changed.

post #146 of 3199

i picked up the same LOD for A828 and am very happy with the SQ.

 

My setup, A828 & RE-ZEROs

RE-ZERO.jpg


Edited by paulypaul - 7/26/10 at 4:00am
post #147 of 3199


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulypaul View Post

i picked up the same LOD for A828 and am very happy with the SQ.

 

My setup, A828 & RE-ZEROs


I see the RE0's and the LOD and the A828.....where's the amp?

post #148 of 3199

No Amp.

Thats not the LOD, thats the balanced adapter for the RE-ZEROS (not RE0s).

I use the LOD (not pictured) for line in to my mac.

post #149 of 3199
Nice setup and pics Bengkia
post #150 of 3199

Thanks bro!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioheadfi View Post

Nice setup and pics Bengkia


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]