Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › I've learned 3 important things today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I've learned 3 important things today - Page 3

post #31 of 91
For the OP:

Good advice, please allow me to continue with some good advice (directed at whomever is wise enough to learn from my suggestions):

1) If you don't have a Will, go and get one done... NOW.
If you are 18 or older, you need a Will. If you care at all about the loved ones you will leave behind upon your death, you need a Will. 70% of all Americans die without a Will - this is STUPID, irresponsible, and a huge (unnecessary) burden to leave with loved ones.

2) If you are married and a bread winner, and would leave behind loved ones if you died that are dependent upon your income (primarily spouse and or children), you need level Term life insurance (a 20 to 25 year term should suffice). If you do not have Term life insurance, go and get some... NOW. Your policy should be at least 10 times your annual income. Term is the best, most affordable type of life insurance - whole life, universal life and other types of life insurance policies that combine investing with life insurance are garbage, do NOT let your insurance agent talk you into these types of life insurance products - they are complete crap and a rip off (I wouldn't be surprised if a Life insurance agent swoops in here and tries to defend universal and whole life policies, because they get a really nice commission on selling these garbage policies).

3) Make sure you have sufficient Car insurance - liability, under insured/un-insured motorist coverage, and in most cases, personal injury protection (PIP) are the most important of the coverages. IF you already have great medical benefits from your employer, you MAY be able to drop (or dramatically reduce) the PIP premium - in this case, check with your insurance agent, and health care provider to determine if it is a wise and appropriate idea to drop or reduce PIP.

4) If you are a bread winner and do not have STD and LTD (short term and long term disability insurance), go and get some... NOW. People below the age of 30 are 10 times more likely to become disabled than die. The loss of income due to becoming disabled long term can ruin your life, and bankrupt you pretty quickly. Any decent employer should be offering some type of long and short term group plan disability coverage - make sure to take advantage of this!


We are all going to die one day, and we are all more than likely going to be involved in at least one car related accident in our lifetime. You never know when your number is up. Please, I implore you, follow my advice and be prepared for these life changing events.

I rest a lot easier at night knowing that I have all of my affairs in order, and will not leave my loved ones holding the bag when I die, and that I will not go bankrupt trying to pay for hospital bills due to car accident related injuries, or have to fear going bankrupt by getting sued by the "other person" that I am involved in a car accident with. I also don't have to worry about becoming disabled and losing all of my income, because I have sufficient LTD and STD coverage, and 6 months of an emergency fund saved up to cover all of my bills during the LTD and STD "elimination" periods.


Sorry to hear about your accident - I hope you are feeling better soon.
post #32 of 91
Thread Starter 
thanks a lot guys I'm going to get to everybody's posts in a little while but I'd just like to sum up the accident with two things. First off I was wearing my sunglasses at the time... they ended up in the back seat behind the Passenger's seat. Also the entire front of my car up to the radiator ended up 10 feet away. The whole 5 doctors looking at me in my undies, I was in a rush yesterday so I just put on something quick and skipped the shower... totally regretted that move.
post #33 of 91
atleast u havent been told to strip down by doctors.. (happened to me)...i ve had that bad underwear moment too but under different context..so can understand.

but glad u r doin fine....i ve seen lot of accidents this month..dont know if its becoming a global phenomenon...my own family got into a minor accident 2 weeks back.

take care!
post #34 of 91
Glad you are OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West726 View Post
Posting to head-fi from an ER bed shows serious dedication.
Agreed.... There should be a Head-Fi Medal of Honor or something.
post #35 of 91
Only if gatto used her liver as a full stop.
post #36 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
The whole 5 doctors looking at me in my undies, I was in a rush yesterday so I just put on something quick and skipped the shower... totally regretted that move.

Funny the things we think of at moments like that... I mean you were just in a traumatic accident, and you are worried about what a group of Drs. are going to think about your panties? I mean... how bad could it really have been? You didn't have skid marks, did you? And even if you did, s**t happens! At any rate, if it makes you feel any better, Drs. see T&A and panties of all shapes, sizes, smells, flavors and colors every single day, dozens of times per day - I promise that the last thing they were concerned with when they were examining you were the condition of your panties. I promise that they aren't going to chat about your panties over lunch...
post #37 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilhan View Post
Funny the things we think of at moments like that... I mean you were just in a traumatic accident, and you are worried about what a group of Drs. are going to think about your panties? I mean... how bad could it really have been? You didn't have skid marks, did you? And even if you did, s**t happens! At any rate, if it makes you feel any better, Drs. see T&A and panties of all shapes, sizes, smells, flavors and colors every single day, dozens of times per day - I promise that the last thing they were concerned with when they were examining you were the condition of your panties. I promise that they aren't going to chat about your panties over lunch...

lmao no I didn't but they were like the most boring pair of undies I have and I'm picky about matching and I wasn't



lol in case you guys haven't noticed I tend to get a little prissy about stuff like that. My headphones have to look good and so does everything else. I spent a little under half my time in the hospital concerned about my coach sunglasses that flew off in the accident, and mostly because they match my coach prescription glasses and are over a year old so they'd be hard to replace.
post #38 of 91
remember if you have to pay any hospital fees sue the hell out the other guy
Quote:
I was in a rush yesterday so I just put on something quick and skipped the shower... totally regretted that move.
it's never those days when your not in a rush
post #39 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
lmao no I didn't but they were like the most boring pair of undies I have and I'm picky about matching and I wasn't

Oh man, that must be a "girl/woman" thing! LOL
I mean, would you rather it have been an "exciting" pair of Victoria Secrets Thong with sparkles and matching bra?

If that's the most embarrassing moment you ever have to endure for the rest of your life, consider it a blessing!

At any rate, don't sweat it, just get better.

P.S. I'm guessing that at least one of these Drs. was a "hunk", right?
post #40 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilhan View Post
Oh man, that must be a "girl/woman" thing! LOL
I mean, would you rather it have been an "exciting" pair of Victoria Secrets Thong with sparkles and matching bra?

If that's the most embarrassing moment you ever have to endure for the rest of your life, consider it a blessing!

At any rate, don't sweat it, just get better.

P.S. I'm guessing that at least one of these Drs. was a "hunk", right?
nah they were all ladies, I'm just crazy... although one of them did look like 13 from house, damn.
post #41 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
nah they were all ladies, I'm just crazy... although one of them did look like 13 from house, damn.
post #42 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOutside View Post
Nothing says intensive care like that crotchless pair you got for 5.99 on sale 8 years ago.

Crotchless panties are the sex industries equivalent of life support; for the man who likes to breathe.

although, there isnt much support
Less need to wash so lasts longer and it was a yard sale. I got three pair for 5.99 but my favorite pair are less colorful than the other two. Nothing says "I Love You" at the end of the stretcher better.

J/Funnin G. Get better girl.
post #43 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
nah they were all ladies, I'm just crazy... although one of them did look like 13 from house, damn.
haha niiicccee
post #44 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
thanks a lot guys I'm going to get to everybody's posts in a little while but I'd just like to sum up the accident with two things. First off I was wearing my sunglasses at the time... they ended up in the back seat behind the Passenger's seat. Also the entire front of my car up to the radiator ended up 10 feet away. The whole 5 doctors looking at me in my undies, I was in a rush yesterday so I just put on something quick and skipped the shower... totally regretted that move.
Ripped off the entire front clip? Damn forget about Panties just be happy you are not that banged up. I've been in a 30 MPH T-bone and it smashed stuff up but didn't rip off the front clip....
post #45 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan View Post
Ripped off the entire front clip? Damn forget about Panties just be happy you are not that banged up. I've been in a 30 MPH T-bone and it smashed stuff up but didn't rip off the front clip....
yeah, my front bumper, grill and license plate are sitting in my back seat. I'm gonna take a photo and put it up in a little while
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › I've learned 3 important things today