I agree it's an awesome unit, congrats and looking forward to the results of your upcoming DAC rumble match.
Related Forum Threads
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help Me Decide: Benchmark DAC1 Pre v. Bel Canto DAC 2.5 Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:23pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What happened to the dedicated CD transport ? Last post on 4/4/13 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC - Page 5post #61 of 6710/7/10 at 1:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 6710/7/10 at 1:59pmQuote:
I'll be comparing the different units with Canuck57 who has an exceptional collection of gear. We're trying to get things together within the next couple of weeks as we live in nearby cities in Ontario, Canada.
I'll be sure to link to our impressions in this thread after we get together.
On an aside...I've hooked up the Matrix/MKVII+ through BNC/coax from an M-Audio Audiophile USB so I can stream 24/96 Flac/Wav files native through MediaMonkey.....just lovin' the music!
Edited by Hellenback - 10/7/10 at 2:16pmpost #63 of 671/11/11 at 6:51ampost #64 of 671/11/11 at 10:58am
They're both good but coax is the best with the Mini-i, look into a converter like the Bravo or HiFace that has its own clock. If you use optical you can eliminate USB noise but can introduce jitter. USB isolators are another option for noise reduction.post #65 of 671/13/11 at 5:12am
I was hoping to keep the setup down to as few boxes/interconnects as possible thats why Im giving the Matrix a go. I'll just try the different inputs, but the toslink/coax accepts a higher bitrate right?post #66 of 671/13/11 at 7:48pmQuote:
That's right. I use Mediamonkey to listen to native 24/96 through coax via an M-audio audiophile usb (sp/dif out) -> Matrix and the sound is very good. (I am using a Little Dot MKVII+ balanced amp though)
- Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 10 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000 - Heavily Modified 48 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 2 minutes ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Classic MK3 - discussion and impressions 3 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear