I agree it's an awesome unit, congrats and looking forward to the results of your upcoming DAC rumble match.
Related Forum Threads
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help Me Decide: Benchmark DAC1 Pre v. Bel Canto DAC 2.5 Last post on 7/23/12 at 2:23pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What happened to the dedicated CD transport ? Last post on 4/4/13 at 12:25pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC - Page 5post #61 of 6710/7/10 at 1:02pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 6710/7/10 at 1:59pmQuote:
I'll be comparing the different units with Canuck57 who has an exceptional collection of gear. We're trying to get things together within the next couple of weeks as we live in nearby cities in Ontario, Canada.
I'll be sure to link to our impressions in this thread after we get together.
On an aside...I've hooked up the Matrix/MKVII+ through BNC/coax from an M-Audio Audiophile USB so I can stream 24/96 Flac/Wav files native through MediaMonkey.....just lovin' the music!
Edited by Hellenback - 10/7/10 at 2:16pmpost #63 of 671/11/11 at 6:51ampost #64 of 671/11/11 at 10:58am
They're both good but coax is the best with the Mini-i, look into a converter like the Bravo or HiFace that has its own clock. If you use optical you can eliminate USB noise but can introduce jitter. USB isolators are another option for noise reduction.post #65 of 671/13/11 at 5:12am
I was hoping to keep the setup down to as few boxes/interconnects as possible thats why Im giving the Matrix a go. I'll just try the different inputs, but the toslink/coax accepts a higher bitrate right?post #66 of 671/13/11 at 7:48pmQuote:
That's right. I use Mediamonkey to listen to native 24/96 through coax via an M-audio audiophile usb (sp/dif out) -> Matrix and the sound is very good. (I am using a Little Dot MKVII+ balanced amp though)
- Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 14 seconds ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 22 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating) 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The right speaker on my Audioengine A2s is making a resonant sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear