Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC

post #1 of 67
Thread Starter 










What do you guys think of it?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 67
They seem to be taking some design cues from Bel Canto.

post #3 of 67
Totally copying Bel Canto.
post #4 of 67
Is there a link for matrix amp?
post #5 of 67
looks just like the bel canto, but i like how it looks more. i dunno why lol
post #6 of 67
Looks like a Chinese Bel Canto knock-off, only available on ebay - Matrix mini-i 24/192 Balanced DAC + Headphone Amp - eBay (item 350235725907 end time Sep-02-09 20:13:10 PDT)

  • D/A DAC chip AD1955 x 2
  • Full balanced stereo design
  • Up to 24Bit/192kHz sampling
  • Low jitter receiver chips and seperate clock
  • Built-in headphone amplifier, for up to 600 ohm headphones
  • OP275/OPA2604 opamps
  • Balanced/Unbalanced outputs
  • Various inputs
  • Large screen VFD
  • Designed and tuned for audiophile

  • Digital Input:
    - Optical: toslink, 44.1-192kHz
    - Coaxial: 75 ohm RCA/BNC, 44.1-192kHz
    - USB: USB-B, 44.1-48kHz
    - AES/EBU: Standard XLR balanced, 44.1-192kHz
  • Digital Output:
    - Coaxial RCA
    - 44.1-192kHz
    - Support AC3, DTS
  • Analog Interface:
    - RCA/XLR
    - Frequency Response: 20-20kHz
    - Signal to Noise Ratio: 120dB
    - Dynamic Range: 118dB
    - Distortion 0.0002% (1kHz)
    - Stereo Separation: 110dB
  • Power Support: AC 220-240V/100-120V (Please specify)
  • Front Panel Color: Silver
  • Case Color: Black/Silver (Please specify)
  • Weight: 2 kg
  • Dimension: 205 x 155 x 48mm (L x W x H)
stats/price look quite appealing
post #7 of 67
The headphones in the background, "ICON" are copy from the german-maestro GMP 450Pro. GMP 450 PRO - GermanMAESTRO Shop
LL
LL
post #8 of 67
A good deal at $330 shipped and appealing looking - the chips I haven't heard much about, not sure if they're anything special...the DacMagic can be had for a tiny bit more.
post #9 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
A good deal at $330 shipped and appealing looking - the chips I haven't heard much about, not sure if they're anything special...the DacMagic can be had for a tiny bit more.
Do you think the Matrix will drive my K702 with authority? The Balanced XLR is always good, but where is the spec for the built-in headphone amplifier?
post #10 of 67
I was about to try this DAC but 'coolfungadget' won't ship to my country. Does anyone else sell these?
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
the chips I haven't heard much about, not sure if they're anything special...the DacMagic can be had for a tiny bit more.
Just a quick note.

The Cambridge Audio 840C [top of the line still at CA, I believe] uses 2 x AD1955. While I agree implementation is key, this should give a hint as to who else uses the chips.
post #12 of 67
what do some of the numbers mean (on the right)? we can see samplerate there. what else is going on? a clock or something?? scms bits? what?
post #13 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworks View Post
what do some of the numbers mean (on the right)? we can see samplerate there. what else is going on? a clock or something?? scms bits? what?
I think that may be track number + time elapsed on track. It's just a guess; those values would be more commonly found on a CD player than a DAC, but that's what it says to me when I look at it.
post #14 of 67
the subcode data does have that, depending on the source. on DAT tapes (remember those?) they had start-id changes (like a track change) in the subcode data. you could even build boxes, from plans, that would pass or zero-out these subcodes.

since they are picking up the samplerate (not sure if they are sensing the actual frequency or just reading the subcode bits that 'say' what the SR is) its believable that they are also picking up other subcode data items, as well. kind of interesting and slightly unusual.
post #15 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworks View Post
the subcode data does have that, depending on the source. on DAT tapes (remember those?) they had start-id changes (like a track change) in the subcode data. you could even build boxes, from plans, that would pass or zero-out these subcodes.

since they are picking up the samplerate (not sure if they are sensing the actual frequency or just reading the subcode bits that 'say' what the SR is) its believable that they are also picking up other subcode data items, as well. kind of interesting and slightly unusual.
Correct answers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC