Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock - Page 7

post #91 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Yes but will not charge your iPod!
Thanks rosgr!
post #92 of 254
i have a question, will using an RFI filtered surge protector (I assume this is the same as a power conditioner?) give the same purpose as replacing the PSU with the less noisy ones??

thanks
post #93 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabeer View Post
i have a question, will using an RFI filtered surge protector (I assume this is the same as a power conditioner?) give the same purpose as replacing the PSU with the less noisy ones??

thanks
I am not an expert but I don't thing a surge protector will improve the SQ.
The purpose is to protect your equipment from voltage spikes.
post #94 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
I am not an expert but I don't thing a surge protector will improve the SQ.
The purpose is to protect your equipment from voltage spikes.
Hi,

Well an RFI filter removes noise from an AC signal, which supposedly improves audio...

I got a reply from Vinnie though, he states the NDS1 power adpator itself will cause RFI noise AFTER the sockets i plug it into.. hence a less noise replacement would be an upgrade.

I need to find a cheapish replacement psu for the Onkyo in UK, any safe reccomendations?
I dont wanna risk using the wrong polarity and blowing up my dock :/
post #95 of 254
post #96 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Lol I wouldnt really call that cheapish
post #97 of 254
I just received mine! It seems to have a clearer sound than my PC but I can't be sure just yet.





post #98 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
I just received mine! It seems to have a clearer sound than my PC but I can't be sure just yet.


Nice, enjoy it!
Let us know what you think of it.
post #99 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Nice, enjoy it!
Let us know what you think of it.
Bass is better defined and punchier compared to my PC>usb - could it be rosgr? Or is my brain messing with my ears :P
post #100 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
Bass is better defined and punchier compared to my PC>usb - could it be rosgr? Or is my brain messing with my ears :P
Your brain is not messing up.

Are you comparing PC => DAC with PC => NSD1 => DAC?
And if you do how are you connecting your NDS1 with your DAC by Optical or Coaxial?
post #101 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelak View Post


Okay, this is starting to feel a bit exploitative, so I'm done for a while... Requests are still welcome, not sure when I'll get to them, though.
Icon for Win7 control panel

Good stuff by zelak

get it here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/attach...s1-silver-.zip
post #102 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post
Your brain is not messing up.

Are you comparing PC => DAC with PC => NSD1 => DAC?
And if you do how are you connecting your NDS1 with your DAC by Optical or Coaxial?
Yes correct, I am comparing PC to the dock and the dock seems to provide clearer and more defined sound. The complete connection is as follows: ND-S1>coaxial (inexpensive but very decent cable)>DAC
post #103 of 254
Hey Kabeer, where did you buy your dock from?
Cheers
Ven
post #104 of 254
Try petertyson.co.uk
post #105 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkvedam View Post
Hey Kabeer, where did you buy your dock from?
Cheers
Ven
Preisvergleich Geizhals.at UK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Onkyo ND-S1 iPod dock