- 92 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
- Headphone Impedance
Warning About The Singlepower Extreme - Owners Please Read - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I had my tech complete the transformer swap and check over the rest of the amp. It received a clean bill of health. I went with the Electra Print transformer and I love the way it looks sitting on an angle parallel to the tubes and exposed for the entire world to see. I allowed the amp to burn in for the last month. The improvement in sound quality was very evident from its former condition. It is dead silent and neutral; all I hear now is the music as it should be. I will definitely be keeping this amp for a long time, now that the sound quality has improved. I was hesitant to change out the transformer, as the sound quality was good as far as I could tell. However, when I cracked open the case and removed the transformer cover I found a transformer that was beginning to fry and on its way to an early death. Therefore, anyone who has hesitated to make the repairs to their own amp thinking there is nothing wrong, you will not be disappointed once you hear the improvement in SQ and know that your SP Extreme is now safe to use. Thank you to all of those who provided input on the repairs for their own SP Extreme. Thank you to n_maher, kevin gilmore, Bolder, mourip and Skylab for your help enabling me to repair mine. Your advice helped me make the correct decisions when deciding how to turn my Singlepower Extreme into a Head-Fi Extreme.
Another alternative might be to use a transformer cover. If you have the room, these might work for you. At least they are reasonably priced.
Help needed. Does anyone know of other sources for a transformer cover on my stock Extreme?
The link above is in China, and I would like to deal with a U.S. company, if possible.
I will be putting in the edcor transformer mentioned in this thread.
Any help is much appreciated.
After being in contact with Jack about purchasing one his transformers, and being told he no longer makes and sells them,
I'm not too sure he would still be selling covers for them. He was my first choice for a transformer. His website states effective
immediately we no longer build power transformers and power chokes. He told me that he can't afford the price of copper, said
the Chinese are driving up the price.
Edcor might have something too.
edit: I see you are already working with them on the transformer, and it looks like they only provide unpainted steel end bells for DIY.
Yes, I already have the edcor transformer (painted blue bells), it took about 3 weeks to get after placing the order.
With the new transformer you might want to adjust the value of the resistor to set the tubes at 6.3 VDC
after it has been on for 10 minutes.
- Warning About The Singlepower Extreme - Owners Please Read
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 second ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Boston Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2