- 92 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp upgrade for AH-D5000 Last post on 7/2/12 at 4:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 7/21/15 at 11:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
- Headphone Impedance
Warning About The Singlepower Extreme - Owners Please Read - Page 25
I had my tech complete the transformer swap and check over the rest of the amp. It received a clean bill of health. I went with the Electra Print transformer and I love the way it looks sitting on an angle parallel to the tubes and exposed for the entire world to see. I allowed the amp to burn in for the last month. The improvement in sound quality was very evident from its former condition. It is dead silent and neutral; all I hear now is the music as it should be. I will definitely be keeping this amp for a long time, now that the sound quality has improved. I was hesitant to change out the transformer, as the sound quality was good as far as I could tell. However, when I cracked open the case and removed the transformer cover I found a transformer that was beginning to fry and on its way to an early death. Therefore, anyone who has hesitated to make the repairs to their own amp thinking there is nothing wrong, you will not be disappointed once you hear the improvement in SQ and know that your SP Extreme is now safe to use. Thank you to all of those who provided input on the repairs for their own SP Extreme. Thank you to n_maher, kevin gilmore, Bolder, mourip and Skylab for your help enabling me to repair mine. Your advice helped me make the correct decisions when deciding how to turn my Singlepower Extreme into a Head-Fi Extreme.
Another alternative might be to use a transformer cover. If you have the room, these might work for you. At least they are reasonably priced.
Help needed. Does anyone know of other sources for a transformer cover on my stock Extreme?
The link above is in China, and I would like to deal with a U.S. company, if possible.
I will be putting in the edcor transformer mentioned in this thread.
Any help is much appreciated.
After being in contact with Jack about purchasing one his transformers, and being told he no longer makes and sells them,
I'm not too sure he would still be selling covers for them. He was my first choice for a transformer. His website states effective
immediately we no longer build power transformers and power chokes. He told me that he can't afford the price of copper, said
the Chinese are driving up the price.
Edcor might have something too.
edit: I see you are already working with them on the transformer, and it looks like they only provide unpainted steel end bells for DIY.
Yes, I already have the edcor transformer (painted blue bells), it took about 3 weeks to get after placing the order.
With the new transformer you might want to adjust the value of the resistor to set the tubes at 6.3 VDC
after it has been on for 10 minutes.
- Warning About The Singlepower Extreme - Owners Please Read
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 46 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Replacement for Brainwavz S1 - in-ear monitors 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 8 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 9 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...