New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Symphones "Magnum" - Page 2  

post #16 of 22
Hmm... I am feeling tempted again (due to its resemblance to the HP1000 and because my B-day is coming. Even so I am risking a lot of money to get something that couldn't sound what I would consider significantly better (or sufficiently different) to the other Grado HPs I have (including the new HF-2 which is a great HP)...
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Hmm... I am feeling tempted again (due to its resemblance to the HP1000 and because my B-day is coming. Even so I am risking a lot of money to get something that couldn't sound what I would consider significantly better (or sufficiently different) to the other Grado HPs I have (including the new HF-2 which is a great HP)...
i say do it. if you aren't happy with it, you can always get the refund. the discount ends friday!!
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
2 days
post #19 of 22
So I am considering to do this upgrade, as I have a SR325i which I don't use too much.

A few questions:

It is hard to understand from your website, but are the Magnum drivers actually lighter than the stock drivers? If so, I would assume that they are a lot faster than the stock ones as well.

For the visuals, will the SR325i come with a brushed aluminum finish or a gold finish? Also, are the buttons just the stock ones? If they are the stock ones with the gold writing, and and cups are aluminum, this would look kinda funny. If the buttons are not stock, what do they say on them?

Last, how long will it take to modify and ship out the headphones?
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by .coco View Post
It is hard to understand from your website, but are the Magnum drivers actually lighter than the stock drivers?
Yes, you are correct. The goal was to develop a new coating that would exceed all aspects of the original performance. To accomplish this the new coating material required ideal damping properties while being lighter in weight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by .coco View Post
For the visuals, will the SR325i come with a brushed aluminum finish or a gold finish?
The anodizing process on the parts is actually 'clear'- it is not a silver dye but rather the aluminum reflecting from beneath the protective finish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by .coco View Post
Also, are the buttons just the stock ones? If they are the stock ones with the gold writing, and and cups are aluminum, this would look kinda funny.
If the stock headphone is the SR325i than yes- the buttons would remain. We have a few gold 325i's in the shop at the moment- with the silver magnum parts they look quite intriguing- definitely a 'collectors-edition' look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .coco View Post
Last, how long will it take to modify and ship out the headphones?

Once we have received your original headphone it will take 1-2 weeks to modify your headphone to the magnum spec.
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Today is the last day for the Magnum/Head-fi discount. We still have a few spots left for interested members.
post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 
Sale has ended. Thank you to everyone who ordered. Keep a look out for updates.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked