New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Symphones "Magnum"  

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Moved to new thread.
post #2 of 22
Hey Rhydon,

Can you describe the sonic differences/impressions that the Magnum has compared to the stock models? If possible, can you provide a frequency graph as well.

Would there be differences between the different "Magnum" headphones - i.e. would a 325i Magnum sound different from a MS-2i Magnum?
post #3 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan7hos View Post
Can you describe the sonic differences/impressions that the Magnum has compared to the stock models? If possible, can you provide a frequency graph as well.
Why would a new chamber change the frequency response? Anyway, I think the only way that we can get an objective opinion and not some sensationalist fluff (which the advertiser seems prone to) will be from those who voluntarily purchase the product, sans incentive from Symphones (Not saying that that's going on at all).
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing1337 View Post
Why would a new chamber change the frequency response? Anyway, I think the only way that we can get an objective opinion and not some sensationalist fluff (which the advertiser seems prone to) will be from those who voluntarily purchase the product, sans incentive from Symphones (Not saying that that's going on at all).
The frequency response was more directed towards the mods/coating to the driver. And how is requesting a freq resp not an "objective opinion," seems more "objective" than having a one's subjective opinion in a review. Either way, I'm looking for information, pure and simple.
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing1337 View Post
Why would a new chamber change the frequency response?
It does. If you're curious, there's a lot of information out there about how cabinet volume affects the frequency response of speakers. Check Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker Design Cookbook if you want to learn more. This is the same principle.

I don't have an opinion on this product, but changing the size of the chamber will change the frequency response.
post #6 of 22
^Thanks for the info, Uncle Erik. By the way, it's an extremely sexy looking mod.
post #7 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing1337 View Post
^Thanks for the info, Uncle Erik. By the way, it's an extremely sexy looking mod.
Thank you LingLing,

We have updated the original post to reflect our return policy. This may answer some of your questions.
post #8 of 22
$200 is an extremely significant discount. I look forward to hearing some impressions on the Magnum.
post #9 of 22
Do you offer this service for the HF2s?

Also, once assembled, does opening up the driver (say for a recable) compromise the mod?
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post
Do you offer this service for the HF2s?
For now we're only offering it for the SR325 and MS2.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post
Also, once assembled, does opening up the driver (say for a recable) compromise the mod?

Yes, we recommend any recabling be done by Symphones.
post #11 of 22
Although I am not interested in your product (Or Grado's in general), that's an epic looking site you have there. There's one minor flaw with it though: The text when you press 'procedure' or 'technology' that appears below that line, it's a little hard to read, a little bit dark on my (Rather nice) screen. That is all.

Good luck!
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydon View Post
For now we're only offering it for the SR325 and MS2.
That's a shame. Drop me a PM if you ever change your mind or need a pair to prototype
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
we have 11 openings left
post #14 of 22
These are really nice and will definitely keep my ears open! If I had a pair of 325 I would do it in a heartbeat, the metal spindle makes them look like sexy futuristic HP-1000s! I am very excited to hear the reviews of this. I have never had a stock grado and with this kind of thing and the HF series I dont know if I ever will!
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
4 Days remaining. Discount ends Friday.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked